[Q&A]★★★[KitKat 4.4.4][TF300 CROMBi-kk R1][DATA2SD | ROM2SD | F2FS | CM11]★★★

Search This thread

Haldy

Apr 17, 2008
Finally I found, why my applications are crashing - its due to sdcard. When I pull it out, everything is working fine. I will try to backup my data, format it again (without sdext partition, which I am not using right now) and I will let you know, if the problem persist.

Edit: after sdcard format, everything is working fine and smooth

Sent from my ME 301T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
11.02-20140512 build.

I rooted before I flashed the ROM, would that be the issue? or am I on the wrong build?

Well that build is 4 months old. Please update to the latest version as you are about 8 behind. ;) Rooting has nothing to do with flashing roms as the system partition gets wiped every install and the rom then has root reapplied.

boostern

May 22, 2010
First of all thank you for the great job!
I have one question regarding your rom and ME301T: which kernel should I flash? Some posts ago I read grimlock, but if I want some more overclock on the GPU there are other kernels available with no bugs in your ROM zip?
Thank you!

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
First of all thank you for the great job!
I have one question regarding your rom and ME301T: which kernel should I flash? Some posts ago I read grimlock, but if I want some more overclock on the GPU there are other kernels available with no bugs in your ROM zip?
Thank you!

Grimlock is the only one I can guarantee doesn't have bugs. You can try _that's but it may not work properly.

boostern

May 22, 2010
Grimlock is the only one I can guarantee doesn't have bugs. You can try _that's but it may not work properly.

Thank you for the answer.
One last question: do you think it is a good idea to flash this kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649930 ? Geass kernel has the GPU overclock feature that helps in gaming and overall smoothness, but I don't know if it plays well with your ROM.
Before flashing crombi-kk I flashed Omnirom but I found it very laggy in browsing with chrome and aosp browser, your rom is way better!

derpderpy

Apr 14, 2012
Disable Trackpad

I have flashed the newest build of this rom, and noticed the trackpad disable button does not work. I see that someone had success with the previous build, so I wonder what changed between then and now...

Anyway, does anyone know if there is another way I can toggle the trackpad without this button being functional? It has taken me about four times writing this response, because I keep ham-fisting the trackpad. :)

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I have flashed the newest build of this rom, and noticed the trackpad disable button does not work. I see that someone had success with the previous build, so I wonder what changed between then and now...

Anyway, does anyone know if there is another way I can toggle the trackpad without this button being functional? It has taken me about four times writing this response, because I keep ham-fisting the trackpad. :)

It looks like it should be working with _that's kernel...

Here is a post I found in this thread.. 1182

Thx Josh

derpderpy

Apr 14, 2012
Thanks, that was the kernel I was using and not having any success. However, someone in the other thread said it worked for them, so I guess I can chalk it up as a "just for me" issue. :)

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Big things coming later today ..... :D

Crombi R1

20140930 changes
- release 1!
- rebuilt from latest cm11 4.4.4r2 kitkat - crombi-kk source - maintained by lj50036!
- added aroma install options to auto select/install options; sbdags best, stock cm11, previous saved....
- sbdags = internal only + apex + _that kernel + 213hdpi/160mdpi + fastest tweaks + useful apps + f2fs or etx4
- cm11 = internal only + stock cm11 apps & kernel + no tweaks + gapps + f2fs or etx4
- added _that kernel version 11
- updated cm11 kernel to latest version with f2fs fixes from lj50036 & _that
- removed selinux support as causing issues
- removed discard mount option as f2fs and our kernels don't support it
- removed cm11 backup and restore scripts as causing more harm than good with bundled apps
- fixed bt issue not turning on without a reboot :good: -thanks hardslog
- added better zipalign binary
- added different set of vm tweaks - thanks to katkiss roms
- added additional tegra core cap & 3d scaling tweaks - thanks _that
- improved waking up from sleep
- fixed wake from keyboard - thanks jonoathome
- added auto detect file system type to aroma - thanks archidroid
- added cromix tf701 theme to installer
- updated dolphin browser to version 11.2.3
- updated google tts to 3.2.12
- updated google music to version 5.6.1523p
- updated google chrome to version 37.0.2062.117
- updated google mail to version 4.9
- updated google search to version 3.6.14.1337016
- updated google talkback to version 3.5.2
- updated google play store to version 4.9.13
- updated google core services to version 5.0.89
- updated youtube to version 5.10.1.5
- updated apex launcher to version 2.6.0
- updated adaway to version 2.9.1
- updated gravitybox to verison 3.4.3
- note : Google hangouts cannot be updated to latest version due to google breaking apps packages with incompatible shared libraries. Going forward it will be a store app only

Last edited:

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009

toolmanz

Mar 13, 2011
Installed the latest R1 over top of last ROM. This ROM is smokin' hot! Great job - runs better than my TF700! May switch to this as daily diver. Faaaaaaast! :cool:

Sent from my tf300t using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: lj50036

toolmanz

Mar 13, 2011
Just converted to DATA2SD and seems to be running fine. I am familiar on my TF700 on how to use ROM2SD1.zip to do a backup among other things. Never done a DATA2SD conversion. Is there a DATA2SD1+2.zip? Looked in the OP but only see ROM2SD???

Ok - I'll settle for how to do a proper Nandroid backup inTWRP. Pleeeeeeese.

Thanks

Sent from my tf300t using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

micetwice

Nov 23, 2013
My dock is not working with Crombi :(

Dock works but some special keys don't. There are a few niggly bugs as well.

Hi, I've recently bought dock to find out that connecting my TF700 to dock causes "Process com.android.systemui has been terminated" (may sound slightly different in english, its my translation from czech) rendering tablet useless. Flashing 2014-09-21 crombi didn't help. Any idea what's wrong? I'm suspicious my install isn't clean (maybe you remeber my bad bootloader install path :)). What is the best way to make things right?

Milan

GappaX

Sep 1, 2012
Czech Republic
Hi, I've recently bought dock to find out that connecting my TF700 to dock causes "Process com.android.systemui has been terminated" (may sound slightly different in english, its my translation from czech) rendering tablet useless. Flashing 2014-09-21 crombi didn't help. Any idea what's wrong? I'm suspicious my install isn't clean (maybe you remeber my bad bootloader install path :)). What is the best way to make things right?

Milan

It is a CM11 bug, switch to english (US)/disconnect tablet from dock and it will be fine. Same thing happens on TF201 & dock with (AFAIK) most/all CM11 roms :)

Reactions: micetwice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Q&A]★★★[KitKat 4.4.4][TF300 CROMBi-kk R1][DATA2SD | ROM2SD | F2FS | CM11]★★★

Spbb9eE.png

[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

[Q&A]★★★[KitKat 4.4.4][CROMBi-kk R1][DATA2SD | ROM2SD | F2FS | CM11 Base]★★★

Click link here>>Dev Forum<<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    Kernel Sources

All Kernels included in this ROM package are unofficial, as they are complied from source, they may not match the source that they were forked from. I will be linking the kernel source code as per the GNU GPL License.

Unofficial @_that Kernel Source CLICK ME @-V1.0

Unofficial @hardslog Kernel Source CLICK ME @-V3.0

Unofficial CM-11.0 Kernel Source CLICK ME @-V1.0

Official @_that's Kernel Source CLICK ME @-V10

Official @hardslog Kernel Source CLICK ME @-V3.0

Official CM-11.0 Kernel Source CLICK ME@-CM-11.0
    Changelog for release later today ;)

Based off cm-4.4-20140322-crombikk4.4.2-tf300t source by lj50036
    20140323 changes
    - Rebuilt from new base from lj50036
    ---Fixed Wifi Location Services
    - Updated _that cm kernel to v9
    - Updated grimlock kernel to 2.2RC3
    - Updated data2sd kernel to _that v9
    - Updated CM11 kernel to latest version
    - Changed the ROM2SD script so that it copies wifi and bluetooth modules from the internal ROM
    - Added a new bootanimation by psudeke
    - Tidied up Aroma to make it easier to merge new builds
    - Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.1.1
    - Updated Dolphin Browser to version 10.2.8
    - Updated GravityBox to version 3.0.0 KitKat Edition
    - GApps now included in main installer
    - Updated PlayStore to version 4.6.17
    - Removed ROM provided calendar.apk and googlecalendarsyncadapter.apk
    - Added latest Google Calendar as an option
    - Added latest Google Music as an option
    Lets see how long it takes CM to update there repo's so we can have the new goodness :D
    LOOK

Pictures are worth a thousand words... :cool: