[20/09/2010] MiCarrito - Shopping List application v.1.391

Search This thread

Alfra

Aug 28, 2006
Madrid
alfrasoft.spaces.live.com
Hello,

I just finished developing an application to manage the shopping list (called MiCarrito) and I'd like you to test it and provide me with some feedback.

My intention is to publish it on the marketplace (It will be free, of course), but before that I wanted to test it with hardcore users like you, guys.

With MiCarrito you can:
• Sort the shopping list by product categories to make shopping easier and faster.
• Create recipes defining lists of ingredients. Add all the ingredients in a recipe directly to the shopping list.
• Sort product categories in the list to fit the path you usually follow in the supermarket.
• Develop new products and categories, and re-assign products to a different category.
• For each product you can select the unit of measure and its price.
• For each product you can see the quantity that you bought of that same product during the last week and the last month.
• Synchronize your shopping list with your partner or a friend.
• Once in the supermarket, you can move the products from the shopping list to the shopping cart/trolley. Besides, you can set the current price and see the price it was the last time you bought it.
• As you fill the cart you will see the number of products in it and total amount of your shopping.

Localized in English, Spanish, Russian, Deutsch, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, French, Danish, Chinese, Korean, Czech and Greek

It has been tested in QVGA, VGA and WVGA resolutions.

Greetings and thanks for your help.

Note: Should any of you guys want it in your own language, find the resource file also available for download. Just let me know that you can help me with the translation and we'll keep in touch.

v.1.391
- Fixed Greek localization
v.1.39
- Fixed bug related to textboxes and compact qwerty or phone keypad. (Thanks to iosub for reporting)
v.1.38 - Release candidate for Marketplace (If no bug is found in the next five days...)
- Improved usability for product availability feature
- Added Greek localization (thanks to geogeo.gr)
- Fixed Portuguese localization
- Fixed English localization
v.1.37
- Fixed category choice form
- Fixed Italian localization
- Fixed German localization

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 5,000
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,448
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,280
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,157
  • Resources.en_v1.31b_new.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 662
  • Resources.en_v1.31b_full.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 882
  • MiCarrito_v1.391.CAB
    797.4 KB · Views: 2,306
Last edited:

mr.First

Mar 22, 2009
Looks great! But Spanish language...
Could you make English the default language?

Alfra

Aug 28, 2006
Madrid
Looks great! But Spanish language...
Could you make English the default language?

Hi mr.First. First of all, thx for testing :)
Yup, I can make English the default language. I hope to have it done in 2-3 days.

While I do this, you could see it in English if you change your regional settings (I know this is not the most appropiate answer, but it's the only way to make it work for non-English PDAs while I get this fixed). Sorry for that.

mr.First

Mar 22, 2009
While I do this, you could see it in English if you change your regional settings (I know this is not the most appropiate answer, but it's the only way to make it work for non-English PDAs while I get this fixed). Sorry for that.

Yes, I did it. Changing regional settings. ;)
Will be waiting next version. Thank you

cruiserrr

Mar 5, 2008
Hi, one question. If installed in the SD card and afterwards the PPC hardresets, does it need reinstallation? can reinstallation be avoided by restoring a settings backup file?

Alfra

Aug 28, 2006
Madrid
Hi cruiserrr. It shouldn't require reinstallation as all settings remain in the install dir.
You'll only lose file association (stored in the registry) needed for importing sync files.

Anyway, if you want to backup your data, best option is to select "synchronize with a friend" option in the menu and send export data to yourself.
This way, if you need to hard reset your PPC and reinstall application, you'll have your exported data.

Last edited:

cruiserrr

Mar 5, 2008
Hi cruiserrr. It shouldn't require reinstallation as all settings remain in the install dir.
You'll only lose file association (stored in the registry) needed for importing sync files.

Anyway, if you want to backup your data, best option is to select "synchronize with a friend" option in the menu and send export data to yourself.
This way, if you need to hard reset your PPC and reinstall application, you'll have your exported data.

thanks for the info, was busy doing other things and that's why I asked instead of trying myself. I will test your app and try to give feedback.

Lycox

Oct 28, 2005
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Seems to be a very nice project.

What about other localizations? Is it possible that you exclude the language terms in a seperate text file for easy translation?

Btw: In your 3rd screenshot, there is "Quantity" [InputField] "und."

What does "und." mean? Don't know it :confused:

Alfra

Aug 28, 2006
Madrid
Nice application.

Can it calculate prices in euro?

The application selects the currency that corresponds to your regional settings, although it’s only informative in that it only multiplies each quantity by the product price (it doesn’t bother about €, $, £ or any other symbol/currency) and sums them all. It only shows the symbol corresponding to your currency (the appropriate one based on your regional settings :)) to let you know that that is a price and not any other number.

Alfra

Aug 28, 2006
Madrid
New version uploaded.
I also uploaded English resources in an excel file.
so if any of you feel like translating it to your own language, just send the translated file over to me ;) Thx all for your help.

cruiserrr

Mar 5, 2008
My feedback:

Very very nice looking, very finger friendly, great functionality adding recipes. No hangouts. Very good job, congrats.

Maybe performance can be improved a little (is not bad, but I think can be better).
I would put quantity as a column rather than second line.
I would facilitate access to categories & recipes
I would allow to store lists (eg. monthly shopping, fresh goods shopping, etc) and even "shops": one shop can be the actual shopping list, another shop can be the things I bring to the beach or when doing a business travel. etc
I would allow to add indiviual ingredients of recipes (maybe I do not want them all) and also let you see last time/quantity bought when deciding which ones to add.
I seem to have a problem when the program is running, when I minimize, if I press the micarrito icon the app does not come to front. I can only access with the task manager.

Alfra

Aug 28, 2006
Madrid
My feedback:

Very very nice looking, very finger friendly, great functionality adding recipes. No hangouts. Very good job, congrats.

Maybe performance can be improved a little (is not bad, but I think can be better).
I would put quantity as a column rather than second line.
I would facilitate access to categories & recipes
I would allow to store lists (eg. monthly shopping, fresh goods shopping, etc) and even "shops": one shop can be the actual shopping list, another shop can be the things I bring to the beach or when doing a business travel. etc
I would allow to add indiviual ingredients of recipes (maybe I do not want them all) and also let you see last time/quantity bought when deciding which ones to add.
I seem to have a problem when the program is running, when I minimize, if I press the micarrito icon the app does not come to front. I can only access with the task manager.

Many thanks for your feedback, cruiserrr.
- I will check if I can do any improvement regarding performance
- With respect to storing different lists (eg. monthly shopping, fresh goods shopping, etc) you can use recipes as a workaround and use them as predefined lists.
- I like the idea of adding only some of the ingredients in a recipe. I will try to have a new version with this functionality during this week.
- The problem you experience when you minimize is a "known" issue with the app. Will be fixed in the next version. Sorry for this one.

Thanks again for your comments :) and feedback.

Alfra

Aug 28, 2006
Madrid
Will test asap. btw, I had problems with a category called no category or blank category. Could not delete it. Do not know if is default category or if I created it.

It is automatically created when you delete a category that has products in it to avoid deleting all the products. If you want it to disappear, just assign the products to their corresponding categories or else delete those products :)

I think this is better so that you don't accidentally delete products inside a category. In case you feel this is not the right behaviour, just let me know your concerns about that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great software! I've been testing maaany different shopping list apps and I like your very much. I've been using Handy Shopper on daily basis but it lacks finger friendly functionality, so I'm going to use your software, because it looks promising. In HS i have over 300 items, which I would like to import to MiCarrito. How to accomplish it?
    Best regards.