Motoactv

Search This thread

PrsnlCrcl

Dec 19, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Streaming Music

I have made the decision to pick up a MOTOACTV today...I am just wondering if anyone has been able to get a streaming music app to work. I don't really do much with downloading music files anymore with all of the streaming options available. My hope is to be able to stream Slacker. Obviously, I know that an internet connection will be required, but I have that taken care of. Has anyone been able to get slacker, pandora, or something similar to work? Thanks.

TheEndGame7

May 24, 2009
South, FL
I have made the decision to pick up a MOTOACTV today...I am just wondering if anyone has been able to get a streaming music app to work. I don't really do much with downloading music files anymore with all of the streaming options available. My hope is to be able to stream Slacker. Obviously, I know that an internet connection will be required, but I have that taken care of. Has anyone been able to get slacker, pandora, or something similar to work? Thanks.

Try Google Music... Sick App!

Reactions: PrsnlCrcl

tansoftware

Sep 29, 2004
Toronto
Status update on Google Market & Custom Recovery

I haven't slept for 48 hours straight and I'm seeing doubles already :p

Ok... So here's my update as of now:

Google Market:

Market works, allows you to browse apps, but once you click "Accept & Download", the market crashes. The download handler depends on services in Google's framework services, which so far, have not been playing nicely with the MotoACTV. Reason ? MotoACTV's Kernel sucks and limited pagesize memory. Will continue to research as I am currently testing a modified Kernel. Will update you as this progresses.

Custom Recovery:

The main reason I'm seeing doubles :p Not kidding (Switching from small fonts to large fonts and back on a small screen will make your eyes snap)

I've been on this for 3 days now. Very slow progress. And I've invited some talented developers to look into it and lend us some help.

To cut this short. This watch is a powerhouse. Motorola have done a great job of stripping its capabilities and locking it's potential. Trust me when I say this, we haven't even scratched its surface yet. That's why a fully functioning Kernel is necessary to continue development.

Well that's it for now. Will keep you posted on future progress.

Last edited:

TheEndGame7

May 24, 2009
South, FL
Thanks for the update tansoftware! Maybe I could ask Jcase and a few of the HTC Thunderbolt Devs to take a look at this also! Won't hurt to ask! :D

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona

I can confirm Slacker works well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: PrsnlCrcl

PrsnlCrcl

Dec 19, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I can confirm Slacker works well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Thank you!!! That was the response I was hoping to see. I pay for their upgraded service so I was really hoping it would work. Google Music is nice, but limited to only your current music (unless I am missing something). I stream Slacker in my car all the time :).

TheEndGame7

May 24, 2009
South, FL
Thank you!!! That was the response I was hoping to see. I pay for their upgraded service so I was really hoping it would work. Google Music is nice, but limited to only your current music (unless I am missing something). I stream Slacker in my car all the time :).

AudioGalaxy is another one I'm testing out... Seems nice so far... Haven't tried the other recommendations yet... Thanks for them all though!:D

Edit: AudioGalaxy working Very Nicely and looks great, formats perfect to our devices! I was able to sign-in with my account no problem!

Last edited:

tjclark3

Dec 14, 2008
Help

I think I bricked my Motoactv any help or suggestions would be great. When I plug it in I get the motorola load screen but then it just hangs there. It does not charge unless I am holding the cord in at an angle and then the white light turns on. I try to put it into fastboot mode and it keeps telling me that the battery is to low. I got it rooted and then tried to install the rest of the applications but when I rebooted it wouldnt load anything. Please HELP

TheEndGame7

May 24, 2009
South, FL
I think I bricked my Motoactv any help or suggestions would be great. When I plug it in I get the motorola load screen but then it just hangs there. It does not charge unless I am holding the cord in at an angle and then the white light turns on. I try to put it into fastboot mode and it keeps telling me that the battery is to low. I got it rooted and then tried to install the rest of the applications but when I rebooted it wouldnt load anything. Please HELP

Try holding Down the Power and Start Button (At the same time) for a long time until it resets...

tjclark3

Dec 14, 2008
It wont power on... I believe that I dont have the proper launcher on there. How would I get it back to factory settings?

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
It wont power on... I believe that I dont have the proper launcher on there. How would I get it back to factory settings?

The point is not for it to power on you want it to power off .... do how The end game says and hold the power and start button for 7 or8 seconds then hook it up to the charger and cable it came with....let itcarge for a good hour or 2 ..then go into recovery mode and flash your system.img

If you properly held the buttons correctly you should see the screen turn off and when you hook it up for a bit and let it charge it should show a battery icon..and not the bootloop

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Last edited:

Itslame

Jan 6, 2012
Mililani, Hawaii
it should be common sense but for the sake of mentioning it....when you guys are running out of charge and attempting to charge them up to continue the process; plug it in with the wall charger and NOT via PC USB. once it is fully charged, then connect the usb to your PC.

tansoftware

Sep 29, 2004
Toronto
On a separate note...

On a separate note, when you say you're holding the the cord at an angle, I assume you are referring to the USB cable. If this is the case, then you might have accidentally detached the USB socket from your watch's PCB. Holding it at an angle, like you've mentioned, would re-align the contacts back again to their original position on the watch's PCB.

If the battery remains empty after plugging it, and if it only starts charging after holding the cable at an angle, then you might want to return it for repairs or replacement.

Last edited:

tjclark3

Dec 14, 2008
On a separate note, when you say you're holding the the cord at an angle, I assume you are referring to the USB cable. If this is the case, then you might have accidentally detached the USB socket from your watch's PCB. Holding it at an angle, like you've mentioned, would re-align the contacts back again to their original position on the watch's PCB.

If the battery remains empty after plugging it, and if it only starts charging after holding the cable at an angle, then you might want to return it for repairs or replacement.
Well when I straight plug it in it pulls up the motorola screen and just hangs there. but then if I hold it at an angle it will show the white light like it is charging.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I would suggest if you say "when I hold it at a angle it charges" to do that first for awhile... then with your boot.img backup try re-flashing that with Jay's script tool...
anywhere I can get the backup if I no longer have that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.