How To Repair HTC One X Screen

Search This thread

reyreyes

Feb 8, 2013
Hey guys, can anybody confirm that the screens with the next model number are compatibles?
LS047K1SX01K and LS047K1SX01L
I'm just guessing/hoping that they are not, and therefore is not my phone totally broke. When i google those numbers i found places where they sell one or the another but I havent found a place were there are 2 models and if those are interchangeable.
Thanks for your help!

Hi, Did you get to lcd to turn on? The same happened to me, i have no way to say that it is the motherboard or the lcd since the original lcd is broken and doesnt work,.

skimilk44

Oct 18, 2012
LCD Compatability

From my understanding, there are two types:

HTC ONE X World version

HTC ONE X US/ATT/XL version

The world version has a green flex cable.

And the ATT version has a yellow one

I may have mixed those two colors around..
Anyways you should look if the flex cables are the same, because if they are, then they SHOULD be compatible to your motherboard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, my lcd tracker says it'll be in the mail Monday. hopefully it matches and fits. or else I'm going to have to return it.

My original plan was to fix this, sell it on ebay, and use the money towards a brand new nexus 4. But after doing some researching, besides the quad core and the 2gb ram, there isn't much difference. Nexus 4 might be a bit snappier, but if I am able to run CM10.1 on the One X the Sense skin's RAM intake would be gone. I also did want to try Ubuntu phone in the future, but I'm assuming some awesome developers are here and could port it the image to this phone (or Ubuntu would do it themselves)

Idk, what are your guys thoughts? My options are:

Fix goes well - Keep it/Sell it.

Fix doesn't go well > Return LCD > Sell phone as is on eBay (or here if anyone interested)

Fix doesn't go well > Return LCD > Buy genuine 1 part digitizer lcd screen and keep.

Anybody try both phones or test run both phones and have any preference?

Last edited:

Cruzito1979

Dec 3, 2012
Tucson
HTC ONE X International

I have read the forum from beginning to end and I have to say I have learned a lot from this forum and I wanted to thank all of you for all your input and knowledge ... I can truly go out and find a REAL OEM ORIGINAL lcd screen+digitizer and I wanted to say that I think this one ===> etradesupply .... is probably the real deal I don't know for sure because I don't have it in front of me YET but this one will be the one I will be ordering I asked them a lot of questions and they sent me a lot of pics to make my decision and I truly think this one is the real deal ... I will be posting my results when I get it in and installed....

reyreyes

Feb 8, 2013
Reyrey does your phone power on? Vibrate, sounds? When you put the broken lcd?

Yeah, i can charge it, green light shows when charged, i turn it on, and looks like its on because i press the volume buttons and it sounds as i decrease or increase volume but no light comes to the screen. I had ordered a chinese LCD+digitizer with green+yellow lcd flex which was supposed to be compatible with my phone which had a green flex version, followed the all known instructions for testing when replacing lcds but didnnt work, sent back to seller, they tested and said it worked and that the problem was the motherboard, i doubt it so i ordered an LCD (i already had the digitizer), this time i made sure its the all green flex version and that matches the product number of the original, i will let you know if it works if it doesnt i will follow advice exposed in this site

see f o r u m . g s m h o s ti n g . c o m / vbb / f485 / htc-one-x-lcd-backlight-problem-1515376 / index2.html

Regards, let me know if someone has or had the same issue and tell us how you solved it..

phi1ipp

Jul 20, 2012
Yeah, i can charge it, green light shows when charged, i turn it on, and looks like its on because i press the volume buttons and it sounds as i decrease or increase volume but no light comes to the screen. I had ordered a chinese LCD+digitizer with green+yellow lcd flex which was supposed to be compatible with my phone which had a green flex version, followed the all known instructions for testing when replacing lcds but didnnt work, sent back to seller, they tested and said it worked and that the problem was the motherboard, i doubt it so i ordered an LCD (i already had the digitizer), this time i made sure its the all green flex version and that matches the product number of the original, i will let you know if it works if it doesnt i will follow advice exposed in this site

Regards, let me know if someone has or had the same issue and tell us how you solved it..

The thing could be the jaw connector for the LCD. You should insert the flex part really all the way into the connector. I usually try to do that when the phone is disassembled just to find out if the LCD is good.

beenja

Apr 7, 2010
Hello guys
I'm looking for an original lcd+screen for my HOX s720e
Any good reliable seller?
I think the good screen come with black adhesives in the back.
I already bought one from China, and came with pale colors, and not the screen kind of loose.

Cruzito1979

Dec 3, 2012
Tucson
Hello guys
I'm looking for an original lcd+screen for my HOX s720e
Any good reliable seller?
I think the good screen come with black adhesives in the back.
I already bought one from China, and came with pale colors, and not the screen kind of loose.

Take a look at this one w w w. e t r a d e s u p p l y . c o m / h t c . h t m l.......... this is where I purchased mine i'll let you know when it comes in and when installed

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Where can you buy these adhesive strips that are laser cut to fit our screens sizes?

take a look at this one i found it on EBAy w w w . eb a y . c o m / i tm /1 9 0 7 64 68 8 3 8 9 ? s s Pa g e N a m e = S T RK : M E W A X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

beenja

Apr 7, 2010
w w w . e t r a d e s u p p l y . c o m / o e m - h t c -one-x-lcd-screen-and-digitizer-assembly-with-front- housing.html
Looks nice

by the way
there is a difference between g23 HOX and s720e HOX?

Anyone have another link?
thanks

skimilk44

Oct 18, 2012
Never buy chinese

Got my LCD... terrible condition. Advertised as new:

Fingerprints, scratches, and maybe even cracks in the inner layers. UNBELIEVABLE.

If this guy makes me pay return shipping I'm going to be extremely angry.

Marius95

Jul 30, 2012
Bucharest
Hi, i have a intermitent dead strip on my digitizer. So my question is: If i replace it will it go away or this can be from something else?
I droped my phone so its cracked and i think when it rain some water got in.

crabnebula

Apr 20, 2010
Montreal
I bought a separate digitizer and LCD before reading this thread.

Both are good quality but it seems near impossible to bond them optically as a DIY endeavour.

Also, I have another problem: the digitizer doesn't seem to respond well. Someone said that when it gets pressed against the LCD, creating the reverse bubble effect, it can become damaged. Can anyone confirm or clarify whether is this is indeed true?

Thanks!

Reactions: ianjsilver

blagger81

Jan 15, 2013
well finally got my replacement lcd fpc connector through and soldered it onto the board, and managed to get some life out my my htc one x using my replacement screen from ipod_central. happy with the screen from them but was having problems with brightness flickering and the brightness wasn't being able to adjust and now its gone black with just backlight activity, dont think this is a screen issue but related to something else as been reading other ppl having this problem. but here is a picture my screen in action

IMAG5414.jpg

thesuffering

Jun 6, 2006
Is the screen from repairsuniverse a good screen and is it compatible with the AT&T one x? If not can someone point me to a good screen in the us? Is the adhesive needed if you are replacing the screen and digitizer as one piece?

beenja

Apr 7, 2010
Is the screen from repairsuniverse a good screen and is it compatible with the AT&T one x? If not can someone point me to a good screen in the us? Is the adhesive needed if you are replacing the screen and digitizer as one piece?

Some say that repairuniverse have good screens, some say that have bad screens, i really dont know. I bought one from here -> etrade supply . com, it`s a shot. I think the good ones have adhesives to avoid the dust and it fix the lcd in the touch better. One thing you have to know is the Light Guide for the capacitive buttons, it is very necessary to light them

skimilk44

Oct 18, 2012
Some say that repairuniverse have good screens, some say that have bad screens, i really dont know. I bought one from here -> etrade supply . com, it`s a shot. I think the good ones have adhesives to avoid the dust and it fix the lcd in the touch better. One thing you have to know is the Light Guide for the capacitive buttons, it is very necessary to light them

IF you guys just cracked your screen, it's absolutely crucial to keep the digitizer/screen!

The light guides are attached with easy glue, they're rubber/plastic and EXTREMELY easy to peel off with the minimal of heat. If they won't stick to your new digitizer (given that the new one doesn't come with light guides) then you can just glue them one with a clear clue, or super clue even.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RepairsUniverse compiled a written repair guide to repair a damaged screen or other internal components on your HTC One X. This detailed take apart guide will walk you through each step on how to disassemble and replace the damaged parts on your One X.

This guide will help you to install the following HTC One X part(s):
    • HTC One X Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
    • HTC One X LCD Screen Replacement

Tools Required:
    • Safe Open Pry Tool
    • Small Phillips Screwdriver
    • Adhesive Strips (for touch screen repair)
    • Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer

HTC One X Repair Guide:
    • First, use a safe open pry tool to begin releasing the back housing. Start at the bottom of the device and work your way around the edges, applying pressure to pop the case off. With all 3 sides released you can pull the device from the back cover. Be cautious as the battery is often adhered to the housing and will need to be removed with the rest of the device.
    • Once the back cover had been removed, we can now remove the small plastic housing located near the camera. Used Small Phillips screwdriver then remove the five (5) screws shown in red on figure 1.

htc-one-x-1a.jpg

Figure 1​

• There will be one (1) more small Phillips screws that will be located at the bottom of the motherboard, near the battery, that will need to be removed.
    • Start releasing all the connections located on the motherboard. Release the single pop connector and jaw connector located on the top of the motherboard (shown in orange in figure 1).
    • Release the power button flex cable and volume button flex cable from the housing. These will be lightly adhered to the housing (shown in green in figure 1).
    • You can now lightly lift the motherboard up, being careful as it is still attached with flex cables. The battery can also be swung out, revealing two (2) more connection on the skinny part of the motherboard. Release these two connections and remove the motherboard and battery from the device (shown in figure 2).

htc-one-x-2a.jpg

Figure 2​

• Use a heat gun or hair dryer to start warming the front of the screen assembly. Work around the outside edges of the screen on medium heat for about 45 seconds. This will soften the adhesive holding the screen assembly to the housing.
    • Once the screen is properly heated you can use a safe open pry tool to being lifting the screen assembly away from the housing. Be sure to lift both screens out at the same time.
    • After the screens are partially released, be sure the flex cables are fed through the housing. Remove the screen assembly.
    • Use the heat gun or hair dryer again to warm the seal between the touch screen and LCD screen. Use quick movements for about 30 seconds. Once this is complete, use a safe open pry tool to carefully separate the screens.
    • You can now replace the touch screen digitizer or LCD screen.

Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.
    Thanks for the information. Very curious to know if this is really a original screen, if so I can order one for a friend of mine, who has a One X with a broken screen. Hopefully you can take some pictures once you installed it, I am especially interesed in the viewing angles of this screen.

Right screen fitted, it IS an original, fitted it, spot on!! Will put photos on when I can :good:

Viewing Angle Perfect!!

Link to photos below, unfortunetly cannot post links as I am a new user

w w w.d r o p b o x . c o m/sh/oq40am214eep0zj/RjTdlBGNH4/HTC%20One%20X%20Screen

Hope this helps everyone in sourcing a screen
    Well, at first thank you repair universe for your guide! It was useful for me!
    I repaired successfully my HTC One X and now it's great!

I'd like to share my experiences with you guys hoping that they'll be useful for you.
    Replacing the screen ain't an easy thing as you can easily understand but if you are very patient and good at this kind of things, and you are going to follow this guide, you can try.
    The most hard part was to find a good seller who can deliver you an Original HTC OEM product!
    Infact, most of the seller will send you a chinese crap item that will break in 4/5 month of usage and it's far from being an authentical Gorilla Glass Screen! I went over 4 refunds before getting a genuine one.
    The reliable seller that I found is express-homeshop, and you can visit it through the links that I've posted before; I believe that there are also some other shops where you can find authentical original screens..
    However if you need to know the difference between a crap and an original one, the method to find out if your screen is original is :

1)the screen must be as dark as the original cracked one if it's off!!
    2)you have to put a finger on the glass and another on the LCD panel and press. If it doesn't appear anything on the screen then it's original, otherwise you will get a "reverse bubble" effect which will turn on damaging the touch panel (crappy chinese products).
    3)The original units have three backlights conductive paths made in plastic, located between the glass and the lcd panel, that will redirect your backlights to the right place (otherwise they'll be shifted of about 0,5cm from the capacitive button place)
    4)The HTC logo on the top of the glass must be as tall as your cracked original screen (chinese's one is taller)
    5)The crappy unit is slightly thicker than the original and as soon as you reassembly the phone you will do notice that!! the screen will be higher than the plastic and it will cause a different feel of the phone and an increased probability to break your screen.

with this method you should distinguish a good assembly from a crappy one! They are very different as you can notice!

I strongly suggest you to take an original piece (even if it costs a little bit more 90€ against 160€) because the difference is very very noticeable (I had both original and crappy).

Don't believe to sellers who tell you that "it's original" without sending you photos of the real product. You need the photos and my method to be sure to purchase an original unit.
    And be sure that they will offer you a refund in case anything goes wrong!
    In fact, most of the sellers don't even know that their product is not original!

I hope that this will be helpful for you unlucky people with broken screen like I was before! :)

Now I leave you some photos of my new amazing original screen next to my old cracked one! :)

Regards!
    Yes this is possible. These screens are not fused together but held by adhesive. You will need to apply heat on the front touchscreen too loosen the adhesive. Good luck with the repair.
    The screen for the international and AT&T version are the same except for the fact that they have a different logo in the front as far as I know...
    However I successfully repaired my phone by myself...
    The piece I bought was original HTC!
    Now my phone is repaired and I M very happy with it...
    Ps if you need any photo of my repaired phone just ask...

Inviato dal mio HTC One X

Glad to hear your repair went well!