OMG Is my P605 a fake.

Search This thread

alynch75

May 29, 2006
Just checked over my device and some you tube video posts.. a few things.

I got the P605 from ATGSM.com.

The box was sealed with sticker and all.

Inside the box there were no replacement stylus tips (as seen in all the you tube reviews)

Also the box does not look like any of the boxes i see in the reviews. I take it that the version they shipped me is originally the Hong Kong.

There were no specs on the box.

Did I get a fake...a clone....... What do I do now. I can post a pic of the box if you need to see it.

I need some serious help. I paid over $700 for this device. I just want to make sure its the real deal. Especially seeing how there are so many fakes out there. Please help.

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh

Inside the box there were no replacement stylus tips (as seen in all the you tube reviews)

Also the box does not look like any of the boxes i see in the reviews. I take it that the version they shipped me is originally the Hong Kong.

Did I get a fake...a clone....... What do I do now. I can post a pic of the box if you need to see it.

I need some serious help. I paid over $700 for this device. I just want to make sure its the real deal. Especially seeing how there are so many fakes out there. Please help.

Photo's can always be helpful........ please post some.

alynch75

May 29, 2006

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 1,389

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
Here is a picture of the back of the box. Please help me.

Your box is not the same as the one in these video's, so I see what you are talking about. Besides the extra tips was anything else missing or different is your box? Your tamper sticker looks like it was placed over another one, what do you think when you look at it?
Can you post more photo's like side label and front of your box.

Last edited:

marshwc

Dec 23, 2013
San Diego

I bought a P605 via Negri Electronics a couple of weeks ago, and it was in an identical box to the one in your picture. My box also didn't have any spare stylus tips. Also had a Hongkong style adapter, which Negri provided a US adapter in the outer package.

I suppose the HK version just doesn't come with spare tips?

It seems real to me. :eek:

alynch75

May 29, 2006
Photos of Results

I bought a P605 via Negri Electronics a couple of weeks ago, and it was in an identical box to the one in your picture. My box also didn't have any spare stylus tips. Also had a Hongkong style adapter, which Negri provided a US adapter in the outer package.

Photo's can always be helpful........ please post some.

See results in photos

Attachments

• Bmark1.jpg
    Bmark1.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 785

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
You can chill out, HK SM-P605 doesnt have extra stylus tips and the box is geniune. I bought myself from ebay and the box looks exactly same and there were no extra stylus tips too in the box. Here u can se for u self HK version box: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=20037026123

HK version is SM-P6050ZWETGY and you can see it by download Phone Info from playstore.
One thing is, u must choose HK, first time start the tab, or u will miss out 900HK dollar worth contents gifts, well if u want them and there were no special really. http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consum...e-tablet/SM-P6050ZWETGY?tabname=content-gifts

edit:
Turn off Power Saving mode while running benchmarks and u will get higher scores. :p

Last edited:

alynch75

May 29, 2006
Just making sure

You can chill out, HK SM-P605 doesnt have extra stylus tips and the box is geniune. I bought myself from ebay and the box looks exactly same and there were no extra stylus tips too in the box. Here u can se for u self HK version box: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=20037026123

HK version is SM-P6050ZWETGY and you can see it by download Phone Info from playstore.
One thing is, u must choose HK, first time start the tab, or u will miss out 900HK dollar worth contents gifts, well if u want them and there were no special really. http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consum...e-tablet/SM-P6050ZWETGY?tabname=content-gifts

edit:
Turn off Power Saving mode while running benchmarks and u will get higher scores. :p

Okay turned off power saving and results were off the charts. I just want o make sure...

Is there anyway to get $50 samsung credit and the $25 Google play credit

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
Okay turned off power saving and results were off the charts. I just want o make sure...

Is there anyway to get $50 samsung credit and the $25 Google play credit
Thats for US version only and we got HK version, so no. Too bad HK contents isnt worth a dime and here in Sweden, we got any **** free contents gifts and still the SM-P605 cost damn over 1100 US. -.-

les_garten

Nov 16, 2011
South Florida

You got no idea of the Negri problems with the Note 3 obviously.

I feel sorry for anybody buying stuff from them.

The stories are hard to believe yet true.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
You got no idea of the Negri problems with the Note 3 obviously.

I feel sorry for anybody buying stuff from them.

The stories are hard to believe yet true.

I bought my N-8000 and SM-P601 from Negri and had no issues. The only problems I heard regarding the N3 and Negri was that some carrier devices they sold, mostly T-Mobile, that had their IMEI's reported stolen after people received them and started using them. Since Negri doesn't build devices and most of what they sell is grey market and imported from other countries they are kind of at the mercy of their suppliers. As far as I know they stood behind the devices with bad IMEI's and replaced or refunded them. If you're in the U.S. and buying a SM-P601/5, no matter who you're buying it from, you're taking a chance as to its origins, condition, and country of sale (which can't be the U.S. because neither is sold here). And know that none of them have a Samsung warranty because they're grey market. Negri, Expansys, and NewEgg are the biggest sellers of Samsung grey market devices in the U.S. and I've purchased from all three. My experiences have been fine but I've heard complaints (some horror stories) on all three. With grey market goods there's no such thing as Best Buy. And Amazon doesn't count; all their unlocked devices are sold via marketplace sellers.

les_garten

Nov 16, 2011
South Florida
I bought my N-8000 and SM-P601 from Negri and had no issues. The only problems I heard regarding the N3 and Negri was that some carrier devices they sold, mostly T-Mobile, that had their IMEI's reported stolen after people received them and started using them. Since Negri doesn't build devices and most of what they sell is grey market and imported from other countries they are kind of at the mercy of their suppliers. As far as I know they stood behind the devices with bad IMEI's and replaced or refunded them. If you're in the U.S. and buying a SM-P601/5, no matter who you're buying it from, you're taking a chance as to its origins, condition, and country of sale (which can't be the U.S. because neither is sold here). And know that none of them have a Samsung warranty because they're grey market. Negri, Expansys, and NewEgg are the biggest sellers of Samsung grey market devices in the U.S. and I've purchased from all three. My experiences have been fine but I've heard complaints (some horror stories) on all three. With grey market goods there's no such thing as Best Buy. And Amazon doesn't count; all their unlocked devices are sold via marketplace sellers.

They were selling used as new

They were selling stolen as new

They were selling phones with the seals broken that were still locked as unlocked and new

They were selling Phones that were rooted as new

They were selling Phones that were already Knox tripped as new

This is just a small list of the things they pulled

If you read the TMO Note 3 thread thread, I don't know how you would do business with them, absolutely despicable.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
If you read the TMO Note 3 thread thread, I don't know how you would do business with them, absolutely despicable.

I'd read the thread before I bought my P-601 from them. All their Samsung HSPA devices come from the Samsung dealer in Trinidad. They had the P601 before anyone else reselling them in the U.S. did and it arrived in its shrink wrap and was perfect. The shrink wrapped Trinidadian N-8000 I got last year arrived with a bad display. Negri paid return shipping and overnighted me a new one (which was perfect). I asked where their LTE P-605's came from and they said Asia. I personally am not interested in any Asian-sourced imports because the s/w and Hub access are funky when used in the U.S. Software wise, Trinidad and Latin America are the most compatible. That's why I got a P-601. When people ask me where to buy Samsung grey market devices I mention the three company's above. I share my experiences (and the horror stories, lack of warranty, and other risks) and tell them to avoid PayPal (Amazon Payments is an option with Negri) and use a "customer friendly" credit card like Amex. I'm sorry some people got burned over the N3 but it doesn't change my positive experiences.

afrozasumaya

Mar 25, 2014
Same problem but got the solution.

Power saving mode should be off........ It's working... Thanks to dt33