Problem Update (B126)

Search This thread

tonymarsu

Dec 22, 2013
Hello community,
I have a problem installing the update B126 ... I receive this message on TWRP :

Updating partition details...
Full SELinux support is present.
Installing '/external_sd/HwOUC/update.zip'...
Checking MD5 file...
Skiping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop": No such file or directory
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/HwOUC/update.zip'
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/HwOUC/update.zip'
Updating partition details...

Thank you in advance for your help !

Mwolthuis

Sep 23, 2010
I doubt it's for TWRP. But I'm not sure.

The official update makes use of the folder /dload on the Sd-card. And in this folder there are 2 apps: UPDATE.APP.asc and UPDATE.APP <--- the update itself, about 2GB

In the settings menu you can scroll down to Updates, and the choose Local Update

tonymarsu

Dec 22, 2013
I doubt it's for TWRP. But I'm not sure.

The official update makes use of the folder /dload on the Sd-card. And in this folder there are 2 apps: UPDATE.APP.asc and UPDATE.APP <--- the update itself, about 2GB

In the settings menu you can scroll down to Updates, and the choose Local Update

The method clears the data ?

gregysk

May 14, 2014
Redmi 9
Why? The OTA update doesn't do that. Apps and settings are all kept. But it's always recommended to make a backup. I believe the update app will tell you that also.

http://www.carbontesla.com/2014/07/download-b126-firmware-update-huawei-ascend-p7-l10-direct-links/

I upgraded manually and I lost all my data.Second time I made backup but restoring data( in my case) from previous ROM to new ROM was only causing problems with some app-s ( fc,crush..)

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

@ tonymarsu
To me sems that you are trying flash official ROM with custom recovery( TWRP) .You must flash again stock recover.img,extract that update from zip,copy dload folder to sd card and than follow steps from @ Mwolthuis from post # 4.

87insane

Feb 6, 2009
Yes.

No! Only update app method with power+vol up+vol down wipes all your data and settings.

I upgraded manually and I lost all my data.Second time I made backup but restoring data( in my case) from previous ROM to new ROM was only causing problems with some app-s ( fc,crush..)

"FC and crush" are a sign for a unclean installation of a Rom. Everytime i had this - only a full wipe was the soulution.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

andromodgod

Jun 1, 2013
Lahore
No! Only update app method with power+vol up+vol down wipes all your data and settings.

"FC and crush" are a sign for a unclean installation of a Rom. Everytime i had this - only a full wipe was the soulution.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Free mobile app

I Think by FC he means FaceBook and Crush is Candy Crush

iliboutsi

Sep 6, 2014
hi guys i have bought an L00 and it has a customized rom so it wont do OTA update and i ve been informed that i will lose google play too. is there any way i can update the phone to the latest rom and having google play too?