SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 [live demo unit]

Search This thread

keemo.rom

Dec 26, 2012
Romania
hey guys ,i have in my hands a brand new galaxy s4 live demo unit ,does anyone knows what can i do to use this device like proper phone ,with gsm network. I read about s3 live demo unit ,it has de gsm module but it seems a "antena" is the problem..Does anyone did this kind of transformation on s2,s3 etc ?
thanks in advance !

Hoggles

Jun 9, 2011
under a doxie
This is the development section. This is a question you're asking and belongs in the Q&A forum.

Please PM a moderator & ask them to move it.

Thank You!

GiantJay

Jul 2, 2012
Omaha, NE
hey guys ,i have in my hands a brand new galaxy s4 live demo unit ,does anyone knows what can i do to use this device like proper phone ,with gsm network. I read about s3 live demo unit ,it has de gsm module but it seems a "antena" is the problem..Does anyone did this kind of transformation on s2,s3 etc ?
thanks in advance !

Why do you have a demo phone and want to use it on a carrier. Sounds stolen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: budde2

keemo.rom

Dec 26, 2012
Romania

sounds like i have a pritty cool job ,i work in one of the ten stores in romania where it could be seen for a moment ! i work at Orange ,i was just curios if someone did this operation..
thanks in advance !

F-bone

May 11, 2010
At this point I think this question does indeed belong to the developers section. It would be pretty cool to be able to convert Demo Units to normal phones. I have a lot of friends who own mobile phone shops and would like to make this conversion. Besides it is a shame to have a half-working S4 and not be able to make it work!

Hope that developers can solve this in the future and I would be happy to donate as there is a chance to get my hands on a demo unit, too.

sbn_g

May 11, 2013
HOW to remove demo video

how i can remove the demo video i lock the screen but it turn on again with the demo video, somebody know how i remove that? PLEASE HEEEELP ME!

troyboytn

Sep 21, 2009
Knoxville
No one in this forum will be able to help with what you need. If you are in Romania, you will need to re-post this in the Q&A section in the international S4 forum.

studelube

Sep 16, 2012
Go into the Samsung retail mode app. The passcode is 5444. Go to demo mode timing or something like that and set it to start at like 4:00am and finish at 4:01am. Thats what I did. Works a treat :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

sbn_g

May 11, 2013
Somebody know if i can root the s4 live demo unit? And i have a big problen with this "phone", i use normally the phone with gmate, but the photos and information are deleted, i doing nothing but it erase, some help please

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
please open tis phone and make few pictures of it. I mean mainboard. Then we will know if is possibility to fix it or not.
Because if is radio(modem) on this unit is possible. if not it isn't.

But second think which we need is unlocked bootloader. But first please share a photo.

zacoo33

Jun 4, 2013
s4 live demo

please open tis phone and make few pictures of it. I mean mainboard. Then we will know if is possibility to fix it or not.
Because if is radio(modem) on this unit is possible. if not it isn't.

But second think which we need is unlocked bootloader. But first please share a photo.

send me you`r email adr i will send you pictures of it.

crrryan

May 3, 2013
How can i erase the reatil mode? My s4 demo unit is an a big problem, it erase all data, pictures and music, i need an a solution, please help me :)

i have a demo unit of the note 2 and to get rid of it i flashed a custom rom onto it and now its working like a tablet but still without sim related activities eg calling etc and fm radio. does anyone know how to unlock the antenna and use it as a proper phone ?

joaopaulo7

Jul 26, 2010
But if we use that trick (for running live demo video for one minute only) the things we store on the phone will still be deleted? Cheers

brajko

Jan 27, 2012
Rijeka
But if we use that trick (for running live demo video for one minute only) the things we store on the phone will still be deleted? Cheers

Yes, it will. It will even go as far as deleting you r SD card if you insert it.
The wipe in recovery mode won't do the trick either if you have the LDU. The retail mode DCT and retaimedia.zip are integrated in the software and when it reinstalls the apps it will reinstall the RM. Flashing a I9505 firmware on I9505X doesn't work either, it messes up the wifi radio and other things.

rida007

Jul 21, 2009
EL KELAA DES SRAGHNA
problem

I have 2 motherboard one live demo and one of a carrier . The one of a carrier had a problem with connector of lcd I dont know why lcd dosent work just flash white and black if it possible to past the basband ship from the carrier to the demo .

Ellmarto

Sep 5, 2013
Bump

Can anyone confirm whether this is possible or not? :D

Also did you get the picture or should I upload one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks in advance !

help

thats just workaround. but not a solution :)

can you please tell me how to make it because i didn't understand the last comment
    how to remove this video i chnged the time and instaled Skype but its make update and everything back like before and i didn't gind Skype