2.3.4 still on the horizon.....come and pray for it in this thread

Search This thread

daz_2000

May 26, 2011
London
Apologies for newbie question. But not used Odin before... if I update using that with this firmware will it invalidate my warranty and do I need to be rooted?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

SmilerOnline

May 6, 2011
London, UK
play.google.com
What the hell. The I9000 already has 2.3.4 and so do lower devices. But for all other models in the I9xxx series they seem to have problems of updsting to 2.3.4 why is that?

They must be putting a little more effort into the Galaxy S2's Firmware

and the TouchWiz 4.0 UI is still in early days, so they're probably making sure that it works perfectly (Samsung have obviously learnt alot in recent times, and I think that after they read the feedback about TW3.0, they really want to get TW4.0 right this time!)

woodstock_ahem

Jun 2, 2011
I think maybe Samsung is including some of the firmware fixes with the update 2.3.4 OS update which are two different things...

well i hope so that they include the fix...which makes it worth waiting...
the other reason might be Samsung is just testing the comptability of SGS2 hardware with the update OS... which is not gud enough for me....

The yellow shade on the left of display + the pink spot on camera...are purely samsung issues...and need addressing quickly

deanrparry

May 22, 2010
I think maybe Samsung is including some of the firmware fixes with the update 2.3.4 OS update which are two different things...

well i hope so that they include the fix...which makes it worth waiting...
the other reason might be Samsung is just testing the comptability of SGS2 hardware with the update OS... which is not gud enough for me....

The yellow shade on the left of display + the pink spot on camera...are purely samsung issues...and need addressing quickly

Sorry but I was an original Nexus One owner... direct from the states and that suffered from this pink spot when taking a photo of white A4 sheet of paper... so this may be more widespread than you think... I would go as far as to say "most" handsets may have this issue but the bigger the handset, the more intense the scrutiny. As for the yellow tint.. i am just lucky...

painterceessie

Aug 8, 2010
den haag
I flashed it.
Sorry for my comments earlier.
For those who ask wipe it everything I give the wrong answer.
You must extract the files,then you got three files,and then you have also the pitfile.In odin with one file repartition off.
With four files repartition on.
It wipes everything.
Backup first and then flash.
Sorry my mistake for giving not the right answers.

obionenairobi

Jan 16, 2006
Can someone make a little tutorial on how to upgrade to this firmware ?

Where can I download it from ?

Are you loosing root ?

walda

Apr 2, 2010
In the other thread someone mentioned that flashing the 3 files without repartition wiped his device...???

jojo2peter

May 22, 2011
Can someone make a little tutorial on how to upgrade to this firmware ?

Where can I download it from ?

Are you loosing root ?
sry m8 but RTFM or GTFO
In the other thread someone mentioned that flashing the 3 files without repartition wiped his device...???
That's nonsense, probably he meant his contacts, but tell me, srsly, who doesn't save his contacts in google^^? And that the settings of android are gone is known!
Don't listen to the people, they say that every small setting/thing is " 'all' data".

nybreath

Jun 9, 2011
As far as i was able to find the main difference between 233 and 234 is google talk video chat, maybe some bug fixes, if there want be anything samsung side there would be nothing really in 234, Im not excited about this update at all =(.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good evening guys and girls,

Had a surprise visit from a Samsung UK field rep today, who when asked about 2.3.4, he said his Galaxy S2 already running a build and had been for 3 weeks, he said it was nice and stable, didn't get chance to nab a photo but he said it was supposed to start rolling out from around the 10th of June to XEU handsets in the UK.

His handset was KE6 and KE9

Crossing my fingers big time.
    Don't start with all that.

Yep. Samsung exists.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    APBOOT_I9100ZSKE7_CL225635_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    CODE_I9100ZSKE7_CL225635_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    EFS_I9100ZSKE7_CL225635_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    GT-I9100-CSC-MULTI-OZSKE7.tar.md5
    KERNEL_I9100ZSKE7_CL225635_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5

And

APBOOT_I9100ZSKF1_CL225635_REV02_user_low_ship.tar
    CODE_I9100ZSKF1_CL225635_REV02_user_low_ship.tar
    EFS_I9100ZSKF1_CL225635_REV02_user_low_ship.tar
    KERNEL_I9100ZSKF1_CL225635_REV02_user_low_ship.tar

No MODEM thats why not online on our website.

We asked our insider about I9100XWKF1 he told us tomorrow you have.

SamFirmware.com Team.
    The rep popped in again today, when quizzed a problem with dual core optimisation was given as a reason for delay. ROM's are having to be rewritten with no ETA.
    He said the pulling of the software was not taken lightly, but Samsung felt it would have damaged the platform if they released it.

If you are having battery drain issues, I recommed using KF4 as the PDA and KF2 as the phone. Works wonders.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
    What "Android OS issue" are you talking? Gradients ?:eek:

I believe high battery consumption shown under this group of processes.