The Only ICS Upgrade Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

re4lsk

Dec 16, 2011
Hermosillo
www.twitter.com
How about u tell us how much do u need for buy an OB. I say that cuz maybe there where you live you know some place for buy an used phone, or maybe best buy or similar. Then you tell us how much will you need and I think we all can figure out how many do we have to donate to you. Then when you have it and make really ICS, then donates can start once again.

he did told me that a new OB cost around $350 USD used could be cheaper. come on people we need to stand together to do this.

TheGripper

Aug 15, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro
Cheapest used OB which had only few scratches on... it costs only 120 euros. Most of the used OBs i could find where under 200 euros. So i don't see the point buying an OB for the price it cost me last July as completely new.

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium

Reactions: ogremount

hulkhaugen

May 4, 2010
Arendal
bstart.net
I could chip in 20 bucks, but first i would like to know that you'll be working on official cm9, and not a side project/spinoff...

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA

lupohirp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Avellino
I could chip in 20 bucks, but first i would like to know that you'll be working on official cm9, and not a side project/spinoff...

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA

the only way to get an ics (semi) stable (at this moment only camera doesn't work but seems that exist a fix for camera for powervr and ti chipsets) is to use cyanogenmod 9 like i did for my optimus one. if i will get an optimus black i will work on this surely :)

Reactions: TakamineSubasa

xiangz_xda

Apr 29, 2012
Redmi K20 Pro
Google Pixel 7
I have just tested the omar911's "ICS 4.0.3 IML74K Build alpha 3c". It's close to stable version. The known bugs like camera, GSM, GPS, SD card mounted on PC, all works well on my phone, I don't know why.

But still met some faults:
1. Stops on importing multiple contacts (>100) -- all imported, but dozens of notifications stopped in the notification bar.
2. DSPManager stops when the headset plugging in. The headset works perfect in videos and adeos.
3. Maybe because of the headset, the Radio doesn't work.
4. System crash when loading Gameloft's "9mm".

These guys did really awesome work.:) Expecting the next version!

Pump Huang

Mar 30, 2012
I have just tested the omar911's "ICS 4.0.3 IML74K Build alpha 3c". It's close to stable version. The known bugs like camera, GSM, GPS, SD card mounted on PC, all works well on my phone, I don't know why.

But still met some faults:
1. Stops on importing multiple contacts (>100) -- all imported, but dozens of notifications stopped in the notification bar.
2. DSPManager stops when the headset plugging in. The headset works perfect in videos and adeos.
3. Maybe because of the headset, the Radio doesn't work.
4. System crash when loading Gameloft's "9mm".

These guys did really awesome work.:) Expecting the next version!

are you kidding?:confused:

omari89

Apr 29, 2012
do i have to upgrade the base band ?!!

first of all i would like to say thanks to all the developers , especially who works on porting ICS rom.
i have a question , but i can't post it in the developers section , if any one can tag them plz
the question is , do i have to upgrade the base band before installing the new ROM ?
or is it already updated ? and if so , is there any thread talking about this subject ?!
thank you in advance

gsal

Feb 7, 2012
Sparta
first of all i would like to say thanks to all the developers , especially who works on porting ICS rom.
i have a question , but i can't post it in the developers section , if any one can tag them plz
the question is , do i have to upgrade the base band before installing the new ROM ?
or is it already updated ? and if so , is there any thread talking about this subject ?!
thank you in advance

No you don't have to update the baseband.you only need root and recovery to flash the rom which is already updated.and you have to wipe data/cache/dalvik cache since you come from a different base.

Sent from my P-970 using Tapatalk 2

maniAK-

Oct 7, 2011
the CM9 unofficial has made more improvements in development in 1 week than CM7 has done in a whole year
now that is a fact

re4lsk

Dec 16, 2011
Hermosillo
www.twitter.com
the CM9 unofficial has made more improvements in development in 1 week than CM7 has done in a whole year
now that is a fact

get your facts straight dude, CM7 is near stable(you can use it as a daily driver), you having troubles is your own fault(you dont know how to properly wipe), and CM7 for our phone is not a year old yet. cm9 is far from stable right now(you can't use your phone as a well... as a phone.)

Reactions: ogremount
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ICS upgrade speculation thread??? Really? Did not seem so in the last page or so..

Who cares what you have got on your banner (as long as it is within the rules) - but, if you have a problem, I'd rather you report it.. !

If you have nothing to say about the ICS upgrade, I suggest you hold those fingers from typing in this thread.

Thanks.!
    ICS is here

Hey guys, gabwerkz made it, he compiled a 3.0.8 kernel and got the ICS from KU5900 running on his device. He does only have slow internet, so I'll try to repack his boot.img and the nandroid to a flashable .zip and give it to you guys ;) Here are some screens:
    There's just one solution... someone needs to close it.... and repoen it wen ICS is actually out....

sent from my brain using telepathy with xda developers' servers

Sounds about right ;)

Thread closed!
    Hey, Ricardo posted this flowchart from CyanogenMod on his Google+ account. It confuses me quite a lot. I was hoping to get ICS/CM9 on the OB in the long run but according to the flowchart we will not. My OB has 488MB or RAM so no CM9? Or do I overlook someting. :confused: