PS3 Controller & Transformer Prime

Search This thread

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
Thank you very much:)

edit:i would need the cable correct? and also would the rumble features even work?if not wouldn't just a sixaxis work? they are a little cheaper.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

You need a cable to pair and charge the controller. Any cheap USB to USB mini-b cable works.
Just a exempel. Get a shorter one if you just going to use it for pairing and charging
Sixaxis Controller Charging cable 10feet

sixaxis is the first PS3 controller, Dualshock is a newer one.. Same ****. If you can find the old model and it's cheaper go with that.

Only important thing is to buy a SONY controller.. Don't buy some noname copy **** that don't work as expected.
The ones that have problems have bought the noname copy budget ****.

Is one thing to buy that to a computer.. On a computer you can download drivers, mods and more to get the controller to work. On a tablet or phone we are more limited and the best is to use products that is natively supported by android. And that is SONY PS3 controller or the XBOX 360 controller.

Have made a little video trying to show how to make touch profiles. Can maybe be to some help for someone to get going.

Last edited:

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
You need a cable to pair and charge the controller. Any cheap USB to USB mini-b cable works.
Just a exempel. Get a shorter one if you just going to use it for pairing and charging
Sixaxis Controller Charging cable 10feet

sixaxis is the first PS3 controller, Dualshock is a newer one.. Same ****. If you can find the old model and it's cheaper go with that.

Only important thing is to buy a SONY controller.. Don't buy some noname copy **** that don't work as expected.
The ones that have problems have bought the noname copy budget ****.

Is one thing to buy that to a computer.. On a computer you can download drivers, mods and more to get the controller to work. On a tablet or phone we are more limited and the best is to use products that is natively supported by android. And that is SONY PS3 controller or the XBOX 360 controller.

Have made a little video trying to show how to make touch profiles. Can maybe be to some help for someone to get going.

thanks for the other info il be sure to check the video as well, but the two controllers are different the first gens didnt have rumble sensors and the newer ones do and thats why i ask would the rumble feature be supported in anything i could do with the prime?

irishtexmex

Sep 27, 2010
Austin, TX
thanks for the other info il be sure to check the video as well, but the two controllers are different the first gens didnt have rumble sensors and the newer ones do and thats why i ask would the rumble feature be supported in anything i could do with the prime?

I haven't tried it with any emulators but the rumble feature has never worked when I use my PS3 controller (a dualshock 3). My recommendation would be to go to your local gaming store and see if you can get a used one in good quality. I did that and the controller I ended up with was one that had been opened, but then immediately returned because the dad had bought a PS3 controller instead of an Xbox one. In other words, I paid $18 for a brand new Dualshock 3. Your luck may be different, but it's always an option.

Reactions: collinsac24

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
I haven't tried it with any emulators but the rumble feature has never worked when I use my PS3 controller (a dualshock 3). My recommendation would be to go to your local gaming store and see if you can get a used one in good quality. I did that and the controller I ended up with was one that had been opened, but then immediately returned because the dad had bought a PS3 controller instead of an Xbox one. In other words, I paid $18 for a brand new Dualshock 3. Your luck may be different, but it's always an option.

alright thank you :) looks like il just get a first gen off craigslist or dualshock3 if i can find a really good price.

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
well just got my controller and cable, im not rooted (hopefully not a problem)and would like to use the controller with modern combat 3 can someone please give or show a point by point list of what to do and what is needed?

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
well just got my controller and cable, im not rooted (hopefully not a problem)and would like to use the controller with modern combat 3 can someone please give or show a point by point list of what to do and what is needed?

- Games that have built in support for gamepad works directly - Just connect the PS3 to Prime and Play.
- Games that don't have built in support for controller you need to emulate your fingers touch on the screen. You do so by root and Sixaxis controller app. And you can now emulate the PS3 controller buttons to work like a fingertip touching the screen.

If you not have root and you are on firmware .21 you are not going to be able to root.. And no root no Touch Profiles = No Fun.

Don't get me wrong now. But everything become easier for you and the people who will help you if YOU first do the homework and get a idea of how things works. You don't need to know or understand everything, Just so you get a clue how it works and what you want help with.. And you also learn something and get better and better of understanding and doing stuff with your tablet.

- First you should read this and existing threads about PS3.. And you quickly finds out that you need to root and great touchprofiles for that games
- Go to Sixaxis controller homepage and read there.
- If you badly want to play MC3 using gamepad you have to unlock bootloader and root. And for this its highly recommend that first read and know what you are doing because it's possible that you "transform" your Prime to a paper weight.

I say this because If you don't have any clue what you doing and something goes wrong with root or something else and you don't have any idea what happened or what have caused it you put your self in a hard position.

I have been there done that, Rooted and started to mod. And then it just went to hell and got panic and thought I just ****ed up my phone. And when I went to XDA for help in didn't know what to say or ask the right questions.. But after some search here on XDA and Google i startade to understand a little more and I know found out what the problem was and what I have done and I now was able to ask to right question and got helped.

So just follow a list and don't know anything what you doing is no good mix. You don't need to be expert and now all just the basics.

Sorry for the wall of text that did answer the question. But I have self been in a similar situation and got a similar answer that I first should do something research. First I got mad and says WTF i need help.. But now I'm glad I spent some hour on just reading the forum and trying to learn.

If you get root and so then you can watch my video how to do the touch profiles.

Asus Prime & Tapatalk

Last edited:

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
- Games that have built in support for gamepad works directly - Just connect the PS3 to Prime and Play.
- Games that don't have built in support for controller you need to emulate your fingers touch on the screen. You do so by root and Sixaxis controller app. And you can now emulate the PS3 controller buttons to work like a fingertip touching the screen.

If you not have root and you are on firmware .21 you are not going to be able to root.. And no root no Touch Profiles = No Fun.

Don't get me wrong now. But everything become easier for you and the people who will help you if YOU first do the homework and get a idea of how things works. You don't need to know or understand everything, Just so you get a clue how it works and what you want help with.. And you also learn something and get better and better of understanding and doing stuff with your tablet.

- First you should read this and existing threads about PS3.. And you quickly finds out that you need to root and great touchprofiles for that games
- Go to Sixaxis controller homepage and read there.
- If you badly want to play MC3 using gamepad you have to unlock bootloader and root. And for this its highly recommend that first read and know what you are doing because it's possible that you "transform" your Prime to a paper weight.

I say this because If you don't have any clue what you doing and something goes wrong with root or something else and you don't have any idea what happened or what have caused it you put your self in a hard position.

I have been there done that, Rooted and started to mod. And then it just went to hell and got panic and thought I just ****ed up my phone. And when I went to XDA for help in didn't know what to say or ask the right questions.. But after some search here on XDA and Google i startade to understand a little more and I know found out what the problem was and what I have done and I now was able to ask to right question and got helped.

So just follow a list and don't know anything what you doing is no good mix. You don't need to be expert and now all just the basics.

Sorry for the wall of text that did answer the question. But I have self been in a similar situation and got a similar answer that I first should do something research. First I got mad and says WTF i need help.. But now I'm glad I spent some hour on just reading the forum and trying to learn.

If you get root and so then you can watch my video how to do the touch profiles.

Asus Prime & Tapatalk

yes thank you for the answers but i have already done my research, was just to be sure there wasnt some workaround that i have missed since i dont want to ruin my warranty just to play a game.

allthatinny

Oct 11, 2006
i was also able to get my PS3 controller to connect lastnight, i was super excited cause i didnt even know this was possible, i have 2 non dual shock that came with my Phat 60GB PS3, one of the first ones to ever get release and it works great!! the app is well worth the money.

ineptone

Jun 6, 2011
Is there a DualShock 3 to T-Prime cable workaround?

I've read through the thread about connecting the PS3 DualShock controller to the Transformer Prime, which seems to highlight the ASUS USB Adapter or plugging into the dock and supplementing it with an app here and there.

However, I don't have either the dock or the ASUS USB Adapter. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to simply connect the PS3 controller's USB-miniUSB cable to the Prime's stock/proprietary USB cable via a USB female-to-female adapter and have it work? Is this something that anyone has tried or that stands any chance of working?

I appreciate any insight that can be given on this idea.

steviep1984

Mar 12, 2011
I've always been able to use the ps3 controller on mine by plugging it into the dock but the since the jb upgrade it does not seem to recognise it anymore? Any one notice this?

Edit reboot fixed it!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Last edited:

bypod

Dec 1, 2010
Logan
I've rebooted twice with no luck.. at work now, so I can't try it, but maybe it's a bad cable.

I've always been able to use the ps3 controller on mine by plugging it into the dock but the since the jb upgrade it does not seem to recognise it anymore? Any one notice this?

Edit reboot fixed it!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my ps3 controller working once i finally rooted. It works well with shadowgun and FPse... I just wish you could map the buttons to what you want, kinda awkward using the analog press button to fire...

Anyone know how to change this? No matter what I set my buttons too in the sixaxis app it doesn't seem to change.

But overall its not that bad, and its really fun for shadowgun.

If your thinking about getting the Gamestop bluetooth controller, dont... its a POS. I had it bundled with my first prime and the controller (and the GS prime) was a POS. It was ugly and the only game I could get it to work with was shadow gun (not as a real controller but just like the sixaxis app, keyboard input override).

okay i used the app : Sixaxis Controller, (Dancing Pixel Studios) and used this controller setup:

dpad center is for fire i set that to both R2 and R! plus the start key to be able to select menu options.
    7 is for reload and i set that to L1 and L2
    J is for analog 2 left
    L is for analog 2 right
    I is for analog 2 up
    K is for analog 2 down
    dpad left for analog 1 left
    dpad right for analog 1 right
    dpad up for analog 1 up
    dpad down for analog 1 down
    back for select which pause the game
    now for the weapons. (only figured out for two)
    A is for shotgun set that to square
    D is for SMG set that to x
    W is for Shotgun and i have that at Triangle
    guessing S is for the 4th weapon but will verify if need to

(source : forums.androidcentral-dot-com/sprint-photon/129411-ps3-controller-setup-shadowgun-photon-tested-only)

Hope this helps.
    Yea, I wanted to do the same.. I think it's silly you HAVE to use the dock... Please link the cable also.

If you read the STICKY THREAD, you will find all of your answers on accessories:

Ultimate Transformer PRIME TF201 Accessory Guide

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20013463#post20013463

11. TABLET - USB adapter & External Card Reader

Tablet USB 2.0 Kit - $15
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0380239

ASUS External USB Adapter for Transformer TF101 / TF201 - $19
    http://www.excaliberpc.com/607966/as...apter-for.html

Asus 90-XB2UOKEX00010 USB Kit for Eee Pad Transfomer TF101/TF101G Tablet - $15
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...rkey=A50-19992

Genuine Asus Eee Pad Transformer External USB Adapter + KOZMICC Mini Keychain Stylus Pen - $32
    http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Asus-T...4428514&sr=1-7

ASUS External Card Reader for Transformer TF101 / TF201 - $19
    http://www.excaliberpc.com/607967/as...eader-for.html

Asus 90-XB2UOKEX00030 SD Kit for Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet - $15
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...647&CatId=7063
    I got my ps3 controller working once i finally rooted. It works well with shadowgun and FPse... I just wish you could map the buttons to what you want, kinda awkward using the analog press button to fire...

Anyone know how to change this? No matter what I set my buttons too in the sixaxis app it doesn't seem to change.

But overall its not that bad, and its really fun for shadowgun.

If your thinking about getting the Gamestop bluetooth controller, dont... its a POS. I had it bundled with my first prime and the controller (and the GS prime) was a POS. It was ugly and the only game I could get it to work with was shadow gun (not as a real controller but just like the sixaxis app, keyboard input override).
    Have you tried plugging your PS3 controller into your computer and changing the Bluetooth address to the same as your prime. Then searching for it on your prime?

Sent from my HTC Glacier
    You still need root and six axis app to get ps3 controller to work via Bluetooth in ICS.