[Q] Nexus 5 incoming call screen gets me stuck

Search This thread

shahar4499

Jan 6, 2014
earched Google all over and couldn't find a solution for this. When I get an incoming call on my nexus 5, half of the screen goes black, and the main buttons disappear, and I can't do anything with the status bar. Basically, I can't do anything besides answer, hang up or text. Only after I answer the functionality returns. It's really annoying when I'm in the middle of something and than someone calls and I can't just ignore it, I have to wait until the caller hangs up (and then usually he will call again). The half black screen also bothers me but it's not the real problem, I just guess it's part of the bug. I tried using 3rd party apps for incoming calls but they don't solve this problem. This is how it looks like (I can't post a picture so copy the link):

img208.imageshack.us/img208/1973/919d.png

I'm surprised I didn't find a solution because it's a very annoying problem and I don't think it only happens to me. I'll be glad if you know how to fix this. Thanks :)

Reactions: uao

Tom540

Apr 3, 2013
earched Google all over and couldn't find a solution for this. When I get an incoming call on my nexus 5, half of the screen goes black, and the main buttons disappear, and I can't do anything with the status bar. Basically, I can't do anything besides answer, hang up or text. Only after I answer the functionality returns. It's really annoying when I'm in the middle of something and than someone calls and I can't just ignore it, I have to wait until the caller hangs up (and then usually he will call again). The half black screen also bothers me but it's not the real problem, I just guess it's part of the bug. I tried using 3rd party apps for incoming calls but they don't solve this problem. This is how it looks like (I can't post a picture so copy the link):

I'm surprised I didn't find a solution because it's a very annoying problem and I don't think it only happens to me. I'll be glad if you know how to fix this. Thanks :)

That's exactly how its meant to be. If you flash a ROM like omni you can get a less intrusive dialer that looks something like this:
http://omnirom.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/UnobtrusiveCallNotify.png

If you've never installed a ROM before there are loads of tutorials to get you started, just don't take any shortcuts (like toolkits!) :D

//Nexus 5//Nexus 4//HTC WFS//

shahar4499

Jan 6, 2014
That's exactly how its meant to be. If you flash a ROM like omni you can get a less intrusive dialer that looks something like this:
(URL)

If you've never installed a ROM before there are loads of tutorials to get you started, just don't take any shortcuts (like toolkits!) :D

//Nexus 5//Nexus 4//HTC WFS//

But wouldn't flashing the device prevent me from upgrading my android version? I mean, one of the advantages in nexus is that it gets more upgrades and sooner than everybody else, isn't it?

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
But wouldn't flashing the device prevent me from upgrading my android version? I mean, one of the advantages in nexus is that it gets more upgrades and sooner than everybody else, isn't it?

most custom roms get updated even before an ota is out. once google drops source into aosp, that day or next, most custom roms update. sometimes this happens a week before otas go out, sometimes its about the same time.

uao

Oct 4, 2011
same problem here, thanks god i'm not alone! I simply don't get why on incoming calls i cant hit the home button and go back on my stuff!!! annoying. hope in a solution, had tried many apps but didn't find the right one

karimpas

Oct 24, 2012
Athens
I have the same problem in the last month I had this issue 5 or 6 times until now...any idea besides installing a custom ROM?

Cheese92

Apr 23, 2013
Similar problem here.

I have a similar problem. No black screen but I can't do anything and the nav bar disappears. N5 with 4.4.4 stock, Franco Kernel, root, xposed Framework. I found out that other phones have the same problem and in a moto x thread I found a thread that perfectly matches my problem.
I think it's an android bug.. like a file system or something.. not related to any customization.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.