Did we get a new boot animation?

Search This thread

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Yes, changed back 01/06/2014. Although today's been the coldest yet by me lol.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Man they should have left the winter themed boot animation because its going to be a frosty, cold and a snow fest up here in the great white cold north,its so cold I can't keep my brew outside otherwise it freezes, found that out on new years

Sent on my Moto X

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Man they should have left the winter themed boot animation because its going to be a frosty, cold and a snow fest up here in the great white cold north,its so cold I can't keep my brew outside otherwise it freezes, found that out on new years

Sent on my Moto X

Hahaha that's what I'm saying. -15° -50° wind chill in Wisconsin. Sorry don't mean to trail off topic but agreed, with this weather they should have kept the winter one lol.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Hahaha that's what I'm saying. -15° -50° wind chill in Wisconsin. Sorry don't mean to trail off topic but agreed, with this weather they should have kept the winter one lol.

I bet you wished the football game was today, its not quite that cold here but still frigging cold

Sent on my Moto X

GreenMunky

Jul 21, 2010
Houston, TX
That boot animation push left me with nasty wakelocks. It's not cleared up fully.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I don't think they push anything to our phones to change the boot animation. I believe they all come preinstalled and change out automatically according to preset calendar dates.

Sent from my Moto X

KWKSLVR

Oct 9, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I don't think they push anything to our phones to change the boot animation. I believe they all come preinstalled and change out automatically according to preset calendar dates.

Sent from my Moto X

Obviously I could be wrong, but I thought the winter themed boot animation was packaged in with the touchless control update?

All I know is that Motorola SLPC Service was going nuts all yesterday evening and all last night. My MX struggled to sleep (and it's a great sleeper) even with reboots. Very strange.

ManHands

Sep 22, 2011
Appleton
Obviously I could be wrong, but I thought the winter themed boot animation was packaged in with the touchless control update?

All I know is that Motorola SLPC Service was going nuts all yesterday evening and all last night. My MX struggled to sleep (and it's a great sleeper) even with reboots. Very strange.

Moodles.apk (com.motorola.moodles) is what holds the images and animations I believe. Not sure how/when this runs or updates. But, you could disable in settings.

I also found that the Moto G has this as an app in Google Play (Motorola Boot Services). Not sure why the X doesn't.

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
I thought the winter themed boot animation was included with the 4.4 release for the Moto X. Those with 4.2.2 did not get the updated animation.

For the Moto G though they did include it in a play store update.