Google Voice not ringing

Search This thread

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
I have Google Voice since it's inception. Works well with AT&T and Verizon.

Now I got T-Mobile, I've been having tons of issues. More often than not, my phone no longer ring when call mage to Google Voice.

Anyone see this issue? And yes, I stop Google Voice app and the Web interface with T-Mobile number.

smaisonville

Sep 10, 2011
Not only do you have to uninstall google voice back to Carrier you must go on your Google account and disconnect from your account.

Of course google doesn’t make it easy to find. I cannot remember the correct spot to change the options and the help was not very good.

If you don't change google then when anyone calls the caller gets a message that the google subscriber is not available. That is why your phone doesn't ring.

Make sure all phone settings have T-Mobile number. Sometimes google voice doesn’t clean up nicely.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

atlzonly89

Dec 24, 2013
Atlanta GA
I have Google Voice since it's inception. Works well with AT&T and Verizon.

Now I got T-Mobile, I've been having tons of issues. More often than not, my phone no longer ring when call mage to Google Voice.

Anyone see this issue? And yes, I stop Google Voice app and the Web interface with T-Mobile number.

go to a laptap, go to the google voice page. now look where u usually go to logout, look underneath that blue contact picture and youll see a settings button now go click that. now be carefule, now under the phones tab make sure your mobile number you want connected is selected and if its not listed then add it. once your mobile number appears up, delete the old number. make sure the new number is selected. click save. and your set now. i hope that helped you:D

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Thanks all. Followed the instructions and so far the phone rings when someone called my Google voice number.

But now all voice mail goes to T-Mobile and SOMETIMES the same message goes to Google Voice. Aaagghh... This is so frustrating. I never had this problem with AT&T.

smaisonville

Sep 10, 2011
I don't know if this will help you.

Check your call forwarding options.

If call forwarding is set on check what number it is using. T-MOBILE or Google number.

Last edited:

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
And what plan do you have? If you have prepaid, you can't do the call forwarding for voicemail. There is an option though. Call 611 and tell them to disable voicemail completely. They will ask you a few times if you REALLY want that, but will do it. Now Google Voice can get the voicemail.

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
And what plan do you have? If you have prepaid, you can't do the call forwarding for voicemail. There is an option though. Call 611 and tell them to disable voicemail completely. They will ask you a few times if you REALLY want that, but will do it. Now Google Voice can get the voicemail.

I have Simple Choice Plan, a regular postpaid plan.

I don't know if this will help you.

Check your call forwarding options.

If call forwarding is set on check what number it is using. T-MOBILE or Google number.

Yes, it's already setup in Google Voice website.

I don't know what I did, but today it is working just fine. Phone ring, voicemail goes to Google Voice. Really weird. ... Don't know if something changes on T-Mo side.

I'll keep monitoring.