Bluetooth Contacts Transfer not working on wm6.1

Search This thread

nerys71

May 13, 2008
I have a sprint ppc 6700

I flashed it to the new wm6.1

FANTASTIC

one problem. I can not send my contacts TO the ppc6700 from my sanyo phone any longer.

Stock rom was I searched on the sanyo picked the PPC send item contacts all ready set go. Done.

I do the same now and I get NOTHING on the PPC side and the sanyo says Connection Failed Device Not Found.

I can browse shared folders and stuff. I can Pair them I just can not send contacts.

I tried sending my contacts to my palm zodiac (success) and from the zodiac to the PPC wm6.1 NO joy same thing. No responce from PPC failure on the palm.

Suggestions? is there a way to fix this.? I flashed back to stock rom. Works fine. Flashed back to wm6.1 No joy again.

Thanks!

Palooz

Jan 18, 2008
This worked for me

Someone suggested to go to
Menu > Settings > select "Connections" tab > Beam > Check "Receive all incoming beams" > Get a cold drink.
I hope this is the fix.

nerys71

May 13, 2008
You sir rock! IT WORKS !!!

I have no idea why a "beam" (Infrared) setting would do this but I do not care it works :)

I can now receive contacts from other phones! Yippee !!

One new problem now. I can not "send" contacts. It now works. I can send a contact the other phone accepts the connection but then "rejects" the contact saying "invalid data"

I am assuming the "way" the PPC stores the data is incompatible with regular cell phones. I am guessing when I get an incoming one it "converts" as needed but its not back converting when it sends. I will test with my second PPC at home (I am guessing that will work fine)

is there a work around for this? ie a program I can install maybe to beam contacts one or all etc.. that will use the proper format the normal cell phones can accept?

Thanks SO MUCH for finding this utterly simple but never would have figured out in a million years fix for me :)

I really appreciate it especially that you found this thread from so long ago and replied with the fix for me.

Thank again!

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
I have a sprint ppc 6700

FANTASTIC

one problem. I can not send my contacts TO the ppc6700 from my sanyo phone any longer.

Stock rom was I searched on the sanyo picked the PPC send item contacts all ready set go. Done.

I do the same now and I get NOTHING on the PPC side and the sanyo says Connection Failed Device Not Found.

I can browse shared folders and stuff. I can Pair them I just can not send contacts.

I tried sending my contacts to my palm zodiac (success) and from the zodiac to the PPC wm6.1 NO joy same thing. No responce from PPC failure on the palm.

Suggestions? is there a way to fix this.? I flashed back to stock rom. Works fine. Flashed back to wm6.1 No joy again.

Thanks!
I updated my radio from 1.29 to 1.43 and now my bluetooth and beam works perfect. Would not work at all before the update. THANKS xda developers!

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
I have a sprint ppc 6700

FANTASTIC

Thanks!
I updated my radio from 1.29 to 1.43 and now my bluetooth and beam works perfect. Would not work at all before the update. THANKS xda developers!

Here is a link to the radio update Version 1.43 http://drop.io/apache143

Last edited: