[Q] fail to boot 2. boot on rsd mode. i'm don't make à factory reset

Search This thread

akarpuelo

Jan 12, 2014
Hello, here I have a motorola atrix in gingerbread 2.3.4 Roote with peter's Root Tools.
I found it very slow since few months and I decided to make a factory reset. For this I go in confidentiality - "restore the factory setting". The phone restarts and display "failed to boot 2. Boot is rsd mode".
I removed the battery and resart the phone, he start normally, like before.
I have then turn off the phone, then i start the phone pressing volume - and power, I go in "android recovery", but the same message appeared.
I removed the battery and I restart the phone, the phone start lke before, usually.
So I want to know how to restore my phone to factory settings and erasing all data.

thank you for your help, and soory for the spelling mistakes, because i'm french.

french version

bonjour, voilà j'ai un motorola atrix sous gingerbread 2.3.4, rooté avec peter's Root Tools.
Je le trouvais très lent depuis quelques mois et j'ai décidé de le remettre au valeur d'usine. Pour cela j'ai été dans confidentialité - restauration au valeur d'usine. Le téléphone a rédémarré et à afficher "failed to boot 2. boot on rsd mode".
J'ai enlevé puis remis la batterie et le téléphone s'est allumé normalement quand avant.
Je l'ait alors éteint puis rallumé en appuyant sur volume- et power, j'ai été dans "android recovery", mais le meme message s'est affiché.
J'ai enlevé la batterie puis je l'ait remis, le téléphone s'est correctement allumé comme d'habitude.
Je cherche donc à savoir comment faire pour remettre mon téléphone aux valeurs d'usine et en effacant toutes les données.

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
Looks like you have a damaged recovery. You cannot do a factory reset "the normal way" without a working recovery.

Since you're rooted, you could try the following procedure from your computer. Untested but should work.
You only type the stuff in bold. Make sure you type the commands exactly as shown.
Code:
[color=grey]>[/color] [b]adb shell[/b]
[color=grey]$[/color] [b]su[/b]
[color=grey]#[/color] [b]toolbox stop[/b]
[color=grey]#[/color] [b]rm -rf /data/*[/b]
[color=grey]#[/color] [b]rm -rf /cache/*[/b]
[color=grey]#[/color] [b]toolbox reboot[/b]

akarpuelo

Jan 12, 2014
can you explan please ?
Where i do write this code ?
On my computer with the atrix on usb ?
thanks

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
Command line on your computer, with the Atrix connected via USB.
You need the Android SDK installed (for adb) as well as working drivers for the Atrix (available from the Moto website).

Reactions: akarpuelo

akarpuelo

Jan 12, 2014
what the utilities of the software android sdk ?
I unrooted my phone since the last message, i must root the atrix before make this operation ?

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
This is getting too complicated. Since you want to do a factory reset and your phone switches to RSD mode anyway, you should just use RSDlite and flash a stock SBF.
You still need working Atrix drivers though.

akarpuelo

Jan 12, 2014
what rsd lite ?
How flash a stock sbf ? What is this ?
The bootloader of my atrix is lock. this is a problem no ? I must unlock the bootloader ?

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
You don't need an unlocked bootloader.
For more information about RSD and SBF please see other threads, this has been discussed countless times. Or simply search on Google.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Command line on your computer, with the Atrix connected via USB.
    You need the Android SDK installed (for adb) as well as working drivers for the Atrix (available from the Moto website).