Busybox of existenz v7

Search This thread

Danny-Leung

Nov 2, 2013
Space
Hi everybody I just installed existenz rom v7, I want to ask can I update the integrated busybox? I'm worry if it will cause bootloop because I have installed the busybox on another stock based rom but I caused serious bootloop(can't boot into recovery). Does anyone updated it? Thanks![/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-27-23-07-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-27-23-07-39.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 56

NamenIos

Nov 26, 2010
Sony Xperia Z
HTC EVO 3D
You need this specific busybox binary for the dual recovery. So don't update it.

You could use other builds of busybox with lzma compression enabled, any specific reason you want to update?

Danny-Leung

Nov 2, 2013
Space
it's because I wanted to install viper4 android very much... Is it possible to install the single recovery to update the busy box?:)

NamenIos

Nov 26, 2010
Sony Xperia Z
HTC EVO 3D
it's because I wanted to install viper4 android very much... Is it possible to install the single recovery to update the busy box?:)

You loose LPA (low power audio) with viper4android. Are you sure it's a) worth it and b) it won't work with the already installed busybox version?

I don't know if the rom uses lmza somewhere else, but for me it sounds unlikely. It would probably be worth a try to uninstall the dual recovery (delete /system/bin/chargemon and rename /system/bin/chargemon.stock to chargemon if there is no uninstaller) and try updating busybox. Backup before, no guarantees and do it on your own risk though. If you want to install a single recovery you have to be on unlocked bootloader afaik.

Another solution would be to compile (or nicely ask the creator of dual recovery) the latest busybox with lmza support by yourself.

Reactions: Danny-Leung

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
If you do that you will lose dual recovery and get a RED led with working phone:silly: that what i got after i did what you mean:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You loose LPA (low power audio) with viper4android. Are you sure it's a) worth it and b) it won't work with the already installed busybox version?

I don't know if the rom uses lmza somewhere else, but for me it sounds unlikely. It would probably be worth a try to uninstall the dual recovery (delete /system/bin/chargemon and rename /system/bin/chargemon.stock to chargemon if there is no uninstaller) and try updating busybox. Backup before, no guarantees and do it on your own risk though. If you want to install a single recovery you have to be on unlocked bootloader afaik.

Another solution would be to compile (or nicely ask the creator of dual recovery) the latest busybox with lmza support by yourself.