[Q] Help returning M7 to stock from Google Edition

Search This thread

MSigler

Apr 29, 2006
Memphis
www.sigsays.com
Ok, I'm going to try to be as thorough as possible, so bear with me.

Last summer a friend of mine and I both bought ATT M7 64gb's. We pretty much immediately unlocked through HTC Dev and flashed the google edition rom. I decided to S-OFF and SuperCID, he did not.

I sold my M7 when the N5 came out, he was deployed. He just came back and his mic stopped working. He would like to return it to stock, tried, and had no luck, so I'm trying for him.

As mentioned, it's a bootloader unlocked ATT HTC One M7 64gb, now running 4.4.3 Google Edition rom. When I got it, it wouldn't boot, just went to a weird blue screen and did nothing else. Thankfully still had recovery and bootloader. I tried flashing a stock RUU from here:

http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/ruu-file-downloads/

And got "Remote 99 unknown fail"

HMM

I tried flashing the newest CWM recovery and installing CyanogenMod, just for the hell of it, and got a "status 0" failure.

I tried the same rom with the newest TWRP and got "error executing updater binary"

I finally got the Bigxbie 4.4.3 GPE rom to flash in TWRP, boots fine, everything works (except the mic still of course).

Here's where we are right now:

Current ROM:

T5RWc6mh.jpg

Bootloader info:

Q2uMVVAh.jpg

I read that flashing RUU files requires S-OFF, so I tried to do that.

Firewater yielded:

7rJAYQuh.jpg

So I figured since it was an older hboot I would try RevOne, which I used a year ago.

That got this:

zBlucMxh.jpg

Here's the CID, I believe the correct one for ATT.

WnM6i6Ch.jpg

What are my options at this point? I have a booting 4.4.3 GPE rom with a hardware issue and he needs to send it back for repair. Just say screw it and send it in or is there a way to get back to stock from here?

Last edited:

synt3k

Jul 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Revone needs to be ran from a sense rom. Try flashing an old version of ARHD 4.2.2. you might need to flash TWRP 2.6.x.x to do so.. Once you have an older sense rom booted, revone should work. At least, that's what worked for me.

Then you will have S-OFF and can flash the RUU.

Reactions: MSigler

MSigler

Apr 29, 2006
Memphis
www.sigsays.com
Revone needs to be ran from a sense rom. Try flashing an old version of ARHD 4.2.2. you might need to flash TWRP 2.6.x.x to do so.. Once you have an older sense rom booted, revone should work. At least, that's what worked for me.

Then you will have S-OFF and can flash the RUU.

Having a hard time finding a 4.2.2 Sense rom, but I'll give it a go, thanks.

Top Liked Posts