[APP](Root Req)Viper4Android Sound

Search This thread

kitdia

Jun 25, 2011
Just wanted to post that I have installed Viper4Android and it works beautifully on my rooted S5. This app is the #1 reason I root.

This app will change the way you think about sound (seriously). Every time I demo the difference to someone by turning it on and off they immediately ask me to install it for them.

Installed using directions by @docnok63, paraphrased below for your convenience. I have only tested this app on my rooted T-mobile S5, and only with spotify (it's the only player I use). Of course you should always backup first and only you are responsible for what you do to your device.

1. Ensure you are rooted. From this point on, grant all superuser requests.

2. Download ViPER4Android FX. Get the latest version under the "Android FX" heading.

3. Extract the 4.x .apk from the zip. If you haven't already, smart-install Busybox from the play store.

4. Move the 4.x .apk to root system/app using a root-friendly file browser of your choice. Reboot to reset permissions.

5. Launch the app (from your app drawer). Grant root to let it install drivers. I've always gone with super audio quality; I suppose it's up to you. It may ask you if it can modify some files to disable power saving...just let it happen. :good: Reboot again.

6. Go straight to settings/sound/music effects (at the bottom) and toggle Viper4Android as default.

7. Open root system/build.prop using a file explorer and text editor with root access. You change three lines of code as follows. Some may already have been changed.

Code:
Ipa.decode=true should read Ipa.decode=false
tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false

8. Save the file and reboot once more. Open the Viper4Android app and have at the sound settings; play around until you find what works for you (just make sure to check "Enable" :highfive:). You can edit the settings as you have music playing. When you get it where you want it, toggle the enable button and see how far you've come.

You can explore the main app thread here for some ideas on customization.

All credit due to @viper520, @zhuhang, and @docnok63.

All I did was paraphrase. Hope this helps someone!

Hi all, i have a problem with the installation. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could help as i purposely rooted my S5 just to install this app.

After step 4 and rebooted my phone, i could not find the app from the app drawer.

I tried to launch it directly from the system/app folder but i got the error: There was a problem parsing the package.

Does anyone has any idea why is this happening?

extremeg

Dec 17, 2012
Turin
Hi all, i have a problem with the installation. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could help as i purposely rooted my S5 just to install this app.

After step 4 and rebooted my phone, i could not find the app from the app drawer.

I tried to launch it directly from the system/app folder but i got the error: There was a problem parsing the package.

Does anyone has any idea why is this happening?

Hi, I don't followed the Guide step by step but From S5 I went on the site and downloaded the latest version, extract APK, installed, open APP, installed drivers, and rebooted, then I changed all program settings and it works, even in ' settings/sound/music effects ' can be selected Viper4Android voice
All work fine... :)

kitdia

Jun 25, 2011
Hi, I don't followed the Guide step by step but From S5 I went on the site and downloaded the latest version, extract APK, installed, open APP, installed drivers, and rebooted, then I changed all program settings and it works, even in ' settings/sound/music effects ' can be selected Viper4Android voice
All work fine... :)

Hey thx for the reply :)

I've tried that too, everything operates as per normal except the it does not take effect to the music output. Guess i have to clean reboot the entire phone and try again :/

extremeg

Dec 17, 2012
Turin
Hey thx for the reply :)

I've tried that too, everything operates as per normal except the it does not take effect to the music output. Guess i have to clean reboot the entire phone and try again :/

mnnn strange,
if you work in other fields, should also work with the music player, using a player other than the default?I for example use Maven, and performing the music, if I change the settings of Viper, such as the equalizer, changing realtime execution

ahfu25

Dec 10, 2006
Queens
I already have busybox installed but not smart installed. I also already have viper running and working with power amp. Will it make a difference to smart install busy box now?

TheMathMan

Dec 30, 2009
Brighton
I've downloaded it twice and I just get update failed and installation aborted in PhilZ

OK - officially a moron. Assumed it was a flashable zip in recovery. Installed as normal APK and all fine!

Last edited:

jgiard6

Nov 6, 2009
Got this working for Google Play Music but cannot seem to get it to work for the stock Video Player app or Youtube. Is it even possible to have it work for those apps? I thought by enabling Viper4Android in Global Music Effects it would work for all sound apps but it didn't.

Got this working for Google Play Music but cannot seem to get it to work for the stock Video Player app or Youtube. Is it even possible to have it work for those apps? I thought by enabling Viper4Android in Global Music Effects it would work for all sound apps but it didn't.

Yeah, I too was disappointed with that. It only works with apps, which have an equalizer option (like Spotify, Poweramp, etc.).

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Is changing the stagefright line in the build.prop necessary as the app itself didn't change that one

If it's working fine, don't change anything :)

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

egps2

May 12, 2012
Melbourne
www.youtube.com
In my build.prob my "Ipa.decode" was already set to "lpa.decode=false " by default and not on "true" and I have not yet installed the app. Is this normal? If it is meant to be "false" by default, does this mean that the Galaxy S5 does not have 'low power audio' enabled and therefore cannot tunnel audio trough the dsp? Is there a way to check if audio tunnelling works by default? If lpa was never enabled to begin with then using this app should theologically not sacrifice audio DSP tunnelling.

Sock12345

Jun 22, 2014
Idunno why people want this, SoundAlive works perfect for me :)

Verstuurd van mijn SM-G900F

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to post that I have installed Viper4Android and it works beautifully on my rooted S5. This app is the #1 reason I root.

This app will change the way you think about sound (seriously). Every time I demo the difference to someone by turning it on and off they immediately ask me to install it for them.

Installed using directions by @docnok63, paraphrased below for your convenience. I have only tested this app on my rooted T-mobile S5, and only with spotify (it's the only player I use). Of course you should always backup first and only you are responsible for what you do to your device.

1. Ensure you are rooted. From this point on, grant all superuser requests.

2. Download ViPER4Android FX. Get the latest version under the "Android FX" heading.

3. Extract the 4.x .apk from the zip. If you haven't already, smart-install Busybox from the play store.

4. Move the 4.x .apk to root system/app using a root-friendly file browser of your choice. Reboot to reset permissions.

5. Launch the app (from your app drawer). Grant root to let it install drivers. I've always gone with super audio quality; I suppose it's up to you. It may ask you if it can modify some files to disable power saving...just let it happen. :good: Reboot again.

6. Go straight to settings/sound/music effects (at the bottom) and toggle Viper4Android as default.

7. Open root system/build.prop using a file explorer and text editor with root access. You change three lines of code as follows. Some may already have been changed.

Code:
    Ipa.decode=true should read Ipa.decode=false
    tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
    lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false

8. Save the file and reboot once more. Open the Viper4Android app and have at the sound settings; play around until you find what works for you (just make sure to check "Enable" :highfive:). You can edit the settings as you have music playing. When you get it where you want it, toggle the enable button and see how far you've come.

You can explore the main app thread here for some ideas on customization.

All credit due to @viper520, @zhuhang, and @docnok63.

All I did was paraphrase. Hope this helps someone!
    Viper4Android Stock Enforcing Kernel FIX!

I am running Xtrestolite Lollipop (no Knox), on a stock kernel on my Galaxy S5 Exynos(G900H)!

Viper4Android is working on Play Music!
    The steps I followed were,

1) Installed Viper4Android as a user app
    2) Without opening the app, I froze Sound Alive using Titanium Backup. (Adapt Sound was removed in my ROM)
    3) I installed this flashable script I found here->link through recovery. This script enables viper4android in enforcing!
    4) After Reboot, installed High Performance Driver and accessed it through Play Music's equaizer settings!
    5) Its been running well so far!

Check out my screenshots!

Hope this works!!!
    Idunno why people want this, SoundAlive works perfect for me :)

Verstuurd van mijn SM-G900F

I want it because, it's the most adjustable, best sound mod i've ever used. SoundAlive is good, but for me Viper4, beats them all. (just my opinion)

SM-G900W8 / 0x1
    Mine still doesn't work D: followed these instructions exact I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

EDIT: Does work, just doesn't work in the default Samsung galaxy music app.
    Do NOT disable LPA feature on KitKat (4.4.2)

The systemui crash I wrote about a few days ago was because I hit YES when V4A asked me if I wanted to disable Low Power Audio (LPA). DO NOT hit yes when it askes you that.Sooo...

1. Install Busybox
    2. Install V4A
    3. Install drivers
    4. DO NOT hit yes when it asks you to disable LPA (tap NO)
    5. Set V4A to Compatible Mode
    6. Set up all your V4A settings like you want them to be
    7. Reboot
    8. Go to Settings-Sound-Audio Effects and choose V4A as default
    9. Enjoy the beautiful sound (if you're using Poweramp, don't forget to enable MusicFX in its settings ; Spotify automatically does this)

PS Sometimes when you reboot your phone the effect is gone.
    FIX : Go into V4A main app and disable the service, after which enable it again (no need to reboot)
    I think moving the .apk to system/app should fix the no effect after reboot problem, but I just installed as normal app so not sure :p