Sense 4.0

Search This thread

Shahaed

May 4, 2010
Sweet, we know it exists. I'd be nice if HTC told us when to expect it. Any idea?

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
They won't officially say when, until they are ready to deliver it, except in very general terms like 3Q 2112 2012...

Edit** Might be 100 years... :)

Last edited:

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
it'll most likely make it's debut in quad-core phones around sep/oct+ and if it comes to the rezound(may not though) it won't happen until 2013.

ftmaniac948

Aug 28, 2011
I don't know if we are getting sense 4.0, that might only be reserved for s4 processors and tegra 3

I'm living on a yellow submarine

evilstewie23

Jul 6, 2011
Why is it on HTC's website that the one x has a dual s4 processor 1.5 GHz and not a tegra 3

sent from my sexy Htc Rezound

a-jive

Dec 14, 2011
Richland, WA
because, in america, it's being released as a dual 1.5 instead of the quad..don't ask me why lol

Saw that a little while ago. That's only going to accelerate the bad attitude towards HTC that's been building lately. So much for their flagship phones in 2012 promise, huh?

That's good for my psyche though. My jealousy meter pegged at 0 once I heard that. Not to mention ATT (I've had no real issues with them, but I've always worked out in the sticks where only E is available).

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Saw that a little while ago. That's only going to accelerate the bad attitude towards HTC that's been building lately. So much for their flagship phones in 2012 promise, huh?

That's good for my psyche though. My jealousy meter pegged at 0 once I heard that. Not to mention ATT (I've had no real issues with them, but I've always worked out in the sticks where only E is available).

Not HTC's fault that Nvidia couldn't deliver LTE compatibility. If you're going to bash on HTC.. Why not get a different brand of phone? That's the wonders of Android! Choices! TBH we won't even need quadcore on our devices.. It's a huge unecessary hardware bump used to cover up crappy coding that Google still hasn't fixed. It's just the nature of the beast know as Android. The dualcore coming up in the one X blows away our dualcore in benches. But for everyday performance probably no difference. I'm going to just post this http://www.anandtech.com/show/5559/...mance-preview-msm8960-adreno-225-benchmarks/2 so your jealousy meter will go back up :cool:.

Reactions: nrfitchett4

zonbal33

Sep 30, 2009
im not too bright when it comes to understanding processors...

so the American version of the one x has a Qualcomm's S4 Krait processor (dual core 2x) but the global version has a Tegra 3 processor (quad core 4x)?

how much of a difference is between the two?

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010

so the American version of the one x has a Qualcomm's S4 Krait processor (dual core 2x) but the global version has a Tegra 3 processor (quad core 4x)?

For everyday usage you won't notice a damn difference between the two. At this point I feel that all dual core phones are unecessary. There's just nothing in the market that really challenges the current devices on the market. All I can really see is use quadcore bench, flex epeen at smartphone benches = win? If you're talking about performance differences don't even sweat. I'm sure there will be better 3D performance on the s4 and tegra 3, but original point, nothing on the market to challenge our hardware. If you're talking about physical architecural differences in each processor, check out the wikis for each perspective processor.

Reactions: zonbal33

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
honestly, i don't even care. those new phones, from the start, i KNEW were going to be for ATT or Tmo..look at the design, it's just like HTC's stuff on those carriers anyway..verizon's HTC stuff looks much different.

either way, i'm not upset in having the rezound, because honestly, it's perfect. i highly doubt any of that stuff is that much of a big step up from the rezound, so i'm def not feeling any buyers remorse lol

andrewp3481

Jun 30, 2011
True that. We have the best hardware. Still....I had a rezound....took it back. Got a gnex...then ditched it for a rezound. I think this is the perfect phone. Its sturdy, and has what I want. Beats, great camera, and it has good radios...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Reactions: jayochs

demmo86rt

Sep 26, 2010
Brentwood, CA

I think i read something on either Phandroid or AndroidCentral when the S4 was announced that it actually out-benched the Tegra. If nothing else, it was close.

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
I think i read something on either Phandroid or AndroidCentral when the S4 was announced that it actually out-benched the Tegra. If nothing else, it was close.

Hence the link that Zets just linked a few posts up. The S4 chip (which I was initially hoping the Rezound was going to be released with) is pretty bad ass and is some competition with that Quad from Invidia. I am just wondering what the power consumption would be like with the Nvidia (Quad plus one) and the Dual of the S4 chip. Curious how this will play out...

All in all, just as others have stated, these newer phones have a marginal increase in horsepower compared to the Rezound and that's pretty much it besides being released with Sense 4.0. I'll sit back and enjoy my Rez for a bit longer than I expected and happy to do so.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    because, in america, it's being released as a dual 1.5 instead of the quad..don't ask me why lol
    Cause Tegra 3 isn't LTE compatible.

Not HTC's fault that Nvidia couldn't deliver LTE compatibility. If you're going to bash on HTC.. Why not get a different brand of phone? That's the wonders of Android! Choices! TBH we won't even need quadcore on our devices.. It's a huge unecessary hardware bump used to cover up crappy coding that Google still hasn't fixed. It's just the nature of the beast know as Android. The dualcore coming up in the one X blows away our dualcore in benches. But for everyday performance probably no difference. I'm going to just post this http://www.anandtech.com/show/5559/...mance-preview-msm8960-adreno-225-benchmarks/2 so your jealousy meter will go back up :cool:.

For everyday usage you won't notice a damn difference between the two. At this point I feel that all dual core phones are unecessary. There's just nothing in the market that really challenges the current devices on the market. All I can really see is use quadcore bench, flex epeen at smartphone benches = win? If you're talking about performance differences don't even sweat. I'm sure there will be better 3D performance on the s4 and tegra 3, but original point, nothing on the market to challenge our hardware. If you're talking about physical architecural differences in each processor, check out the wikis for each perspective processor.
    True that. We have the best hardware. Still....I had a rezound....took it back. Got a gnex...then ditched it for a rezound. I think this is the perfect phone. Its sturdy, and has what I want. Beats, great camera, and it has good radios...