[REF] The DEFINITIVE MTTY Thread!! MARK 2 - HD2 Edition

Search This thread

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
This is the second attempt at this thread.

Please try and keep it civil.

Thanks
Dave

Here Here and thanks a lot for re-opening!

Note: EVERYONE (Self Included) PLAY NICE!! This thread is for discussion of MTTY and not alternatives.

If you have an alternative post a thread for your own discussions

Thanks All

MG

Cotulla said:
Hello,

task 29 should work.

TAG NOT FOUND !!! NOT CLEAR STORAGE !!!
Seems it's just copy-paste from another function.
It always outputed, so it can be ignored...

-Cotulla

Hi,

After the success of the Diamond Version of this guide I decided to "BRING THE RAIN" over here!! I noticed a post about a rom having random hard resets so I knew my calling was up!!

After what happened in the Diamond thread with the Tourists Im going to try and remove all repeat questions BEFORE they get asked so READ THIS WARNING:

F.A.T.M.T.I.D.Q:
(Frequently Asked TOO Many Times Infuriating Damn Questions):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: "After task 28, I get this output in MTTY: Total Bad Block in CE: x"

2:
"After task 29, I get this output in MTTY:

ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!
ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!"
(where x is a random number)

This has been asked 100+ times in the Diam
ond thread so this is the final time I will answer:

IT MEANS NOTHING..NADA..ZIP! I have not experienced ANY problem with this output...Please stop asking!

As we all know MTTY is the key here, but I can say from personal experience that this small piece of software is a MASSIVE pain in the ass to get working, i must have tried 15-20 different “recommended” procedures to get it work and all failed.

But I managed to find a failsafe method of getting MTTY working on Vista AND Windows 7, also x86 AND x64!! (I have all 4 windows installations and the methods detailed below worked on all)

NOTE: WORKS WITHOUT DRIVER INSTALL ON XP

If for some reason you cannot got this to work on XP do the following: (Thanks kgerry!!)

Hi,

if you run XP and you have Problems to connect to USB try following:

1. Launch ActiveSync on PC
2. Go to connection settings
3. Uncheck the Allow USB Connection
4. bring the device to bootloader.
5. Now, run mtty ...

... try again to switch from COM1 to USB and follow the instructions of perfect post 3

Hope it helps ... Kgerry

Here is how this thread works:

Post 1: Description
Post 2: Driver Installation
Post 3: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM INTERNAL STORAGE
Post 4: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM YOU SYSTEM

THANKS to:

Reb0rn - for pointing me to the light!
l2tp - for the images
lunasea - for providing me with working drivers

and of course to anyone else I forgot.

I hope this helps people!!

MG

Donations:

stokedanuk

Thanks VERY muchly!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gilbert32

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Driver Installation

NOTE: Drivers only need installed ONCE. After this you can just connect in BOOTLOADER and use MTTY.

Pre-Cursor To Driver Installation – FOR EVERYONE (x64/x86 Vista/Win 7)

This will remove the need for users, x64 in particular, to use “Unsigned Drivers.” Also since in Vista SP2 (x64 & x86) they removed the “F8” options Completely!

Files Needed:
Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider
Remove Watermark V0.8

1: Run the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and select “ENABLE TEST MODE” and Press Next
2: There will be a warning to REBOOT, Press “OK”
3: Go Back to Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider Select “Exit” then Click “Next”
4: REBOOT
5: Run the “Remove Watermark V0.8” for you OS type (x64 or x84)
6: In the Command Window type “Y” and wait for the process to complete
7: Once complete REBOOT your system and begin the driver install

NOTE: If you DO NOT complete the above, some users will need to press "F8" During Bootup - (
ANOTHER NOTE FOR x64 USERS, EVERY TIME YOU NEED TO USE MTTY YOU MUST REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER, HIT F8 AND SELECT: "START WINDOWS WITHOUT DIGITALLY SIGNED DRIVER CHECK")

For Info See Post Below:

I must just say that u might have to watch the x64bit drivers if they are digitally signed... Cuz neither Vista 64 nor Windows 7 64 will let u load or start those drivers if they are not digitally signed.

IF that the case and if u have installed the driver but it says that it has stopped it due to the driver not been Digitally signed u have to start windows vista/7 in "ignore digitally signed drivers" mode.

When u start the computer, keep hitting F8 and it will prompt you if u want to start in safe mode bla bla and in the bottom of that list there is an option that goes something like this:

Start Windows without Digitally signed Driver Check... or sumthing like that...

This is only if u have problems with the x64 driver... like i did... :p

BTW... u made a beautiful how-to man. Great job! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Big thanks to maybeme for providing a host for the images!!

1: Download the relevant drivers for your system attached to this post: these work for both Vista and Win7, all you have to choose is x86 or x64

EDIT: It has been found that with different versions of Windows 7 x64 need different Active Sync Drivers... If you are using Windows x64 please try x64 AS Drivers Win 7 Tested & Working.zip FIRST!!!

2: Connect Device to PC via Active Sync, Once Connected Uncheck USB Connections,DISCONNECT DEVICE then Reboot Computer

3: Bring device into bootloader (Reset + Hold Vol Down), This will show the Red, Blue, Green screen showing "Serial" - Once Computer booted, connect device in bootloader mode to USB, the word "Serial" will change to "USB"

4: Go to "Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager" and select Microsoft Usb Sync in Mobile Devices section (NOTE: This MAY say HTC USB Sync but as long as you select your device!!):

5: Right Click and Select "Properties" then go to Driver tab, then Select "Update Driver"

6: Choose to "Browse Computer For Driver" (the second option):

7: Select "Let Me Pick From A List...." (the second option):

8: Click "Have Disk":

9: Select the folder with downloaded driver From Step 1 and select "wceusbsh.inf" (this is the same file for x86 & x64):

10: You will get back to previous screen, then click Install

10a: WINDOWS 7 ONLY - The Below Warning will appear, Select "Install anyway":

11: The drivers will be successfully installed:

12: When you get back to "Driver Properties" check driver version. If the "Driver Date" has changed from 2nd step (2003 instead of 2007 - The year does not matter as long as it is not 2007!!), the installation has been a sucess:

13: Lastly leave the device connected and in "Bootloader" and reboot you system. Upon Rebooting an "Unknown Device" is installed, this is your HTC device.

Now the Active Sync Drivers are Installed

Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
MTTY - Flashing From INTERNAL STORAGE

Follow this procedure for FLASHING YOUR ROM FROM INTERNAL STORAGE AFTER MTTY

a: FULLY COMPLETE POST 1
b: Before you start grab: mtty1.42.zip

AND ENSURE YOU HAVE HARD-SPL ON YOU DEVICE!!

Procedure:

1: Download a ROM of your Choice, RENAME the *.nbh for your ROM to: LEOIMG.nbh

2: Copy LEOIMG.nbh to the "Storage Card" of your Device.

3: Bring device into bootloader (Reset + Hold Vol Down), at first your HD2 will attempt to flash the LEOIMG.nbh you just copied to your Storage Card, you will have 2 Options, Press Vol Down to CANCEL THE UPDATE!! (DO NOT FLASH NOW!!) after pressing Vol Down you will now see the Red, Blue, Green screen showing "Serial"

4: Connect device in bootloader mode to USB, the word "Serial" will change to "USB"

5: Run mtty1.42.exe, You will se a box showing "COM1" from this list select "USB" - If USB isn't in the list, something has gone wrong in the "Driver Installation" Section of POST 1

6: Leave default parameters, (8 bits / Flow Control NONE / Stop bits 1 / Parity None / Local Echo No) and Click OK

7: Run following commands:

7a: Press enter first to get prompt (Will Show as EITHER USB> or CMD> - Personally Mine Showed CMD>)

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
CMD>
---------------------

7b: type "set 14 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
Cmd>set 14 0
crc=0xD2C8DA7F.

HTCST ÚÈÒHTCE
Cmd>
---------------------

7c: type "task 29" to get your device formatted:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
Cmd>task 29
Format BINFS start
Fill RSVD information for block 497 to 530
CE start start block=530, total block=3566
Format BINFS end

Cmd>
---------------------

7d: type "task 8" to ask your device reboot:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
Cmd>task 8

Cmd>
---------------------

8: Immediately DISCONNECT your device and hold "Vol Down" to Initiate ROM Flash

9: After ROM flash Hard-reset (Pen Reset, then Press and Hold Vol Up and Vol Down) again, on completion "Press Vol Up To Boot" Is displayed, press "Vol Up" and allow the ROM to boot.

Attachments

• mtty1.42.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 9,386
Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
MTTY - Flashing From USB

Before you start:

b: Before you start grab:mtty1.42.zip

Procedure:

1: Bring device into bootloader (Reset + Hold Vol Down), this will show the Red, Blue, Green screen showing "Serial" - Connect device in bootloader mode to USB, the word "Serial" will change to "USB"

2: Run mtty1.42.exe, You will se a box showing "COM1" from this list select "USB" - If USB isn't in the list, something has gone wrong in the "Driver Installation" Section of POST 1

3: Leave default parameters, (8 bits / Flow Control NONE / Stop bits 1 / Parity None / Local Echo No) and Click OK

4: Run following commands:

5a: Press enter first to get prompt (Will Show as EITHER USB> or CMD> - Personally Mine Showed CMD>)

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
CMD>
---------------------

5b: type "set 14 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
Cmd>set 14 0
crc=0xD2C8DA7F.

HTCST ÚÈÒHTCE
Cmd>
---------------------

5c: type "task 29" to get your device formatted:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
Cmd>task 29
Format BINFS start
Format BINFS end

Cmd>
---------------------

5d: type "task 8" to ask your device reboot:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
Cmd>task 8

Cmd>
---------------------

6: Immediately DISCONNECT your device then Press and Hold Vol Down to bring the device back to bootloader and connect to USB.

7: Run ROM Flasher and flash via USB. After rom flash is completed Hard-reset (Pen Reset, then Press and Hold Vol Up and Vol Down) then allow the ROM to boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: b12rtc

sonydesouza

Jan 31, 2009
Paris
Google Pixel 8
Hi,

I did precursor thing but i have a last question :

After that :

1: Run the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and select “ENABLE TEST MODE” and Press Next

Have i reboot ? Or i have to go to point 3 directly ?

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Hi,

After that :

Reboot first, and you should then see the mention of this mode in the lower right corner of the desktop.

After that use Remove Watermark also from second post to keep your machine in this mode for ever and ever, without having the annoying Developer Watermark.

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Hi,

After that :

yes Reboot, then step 3!

ill change so is clearer!

Thanks for pointing out.

MG

ebliss

Oct 18, 2005
Love this procedure. now, it is taking less than 30 seconds to format before I flash a new ROM. Much faster than flashing a stock ROM.

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Love this procedure. now, it is taking less than 30 seconds to format before I flash a new ROM. Much faster than flashing a stock ROM.

I thank you!! Finally people are seeing the light!

Welcome to the MTTY Crew!! 15 Minute Flashes for all (uning internal storage method anyway!!!)

MG

vr6only

Apr 13, 2008
I had some trouble using MTTY on Win7 x64. Soooo, i switched over to my business laptop running WinXP.

First time run, worked perfectly! Thank you so much for this. I have flashed my HD2 over 30 times and it started showing some funny things that other users didn't experience with the same ROM.

Again. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Driver Installation

NOTE: Drivers only need installed ONCE. After this you can just connect in BOOTLOADER and use MTTY.

Pre-Cursor To Driver Installation – FOR EVERYONE (x64/x86 Vista/Win 7)

This will remove the need for users, x64 in particular, to use “Unsigned Drivers.” Also since in Vista SP2 (x64 & x86) they removed the “F8” options Completely!

Files Needed:
    Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider
    Remove Watermark V0.8

3: Go Back to Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider Select “Exit” then Click “Next”
    4: REBOOT
    5: Run the “Remove Watermark V0.8” for you OS type (x64 or x84)
    6: In the Command Window type “Y” and wait for the process to complete
    7: Once complete REBOOT your system and begin the driver install

NOTE: If you DO NOT complete the above, some users will need to press "F8" During Bootup - (
    ANOTHER NOTE FOR x64 USERS, EVERY TIME YOU NEED TO USE MTTY YOU MUST REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER, HIT F8 AND SELECT: "START WINDOWS WITHOUT DIGITALLY SIGNED DRIVER CHECK")

For Info See Post Below:

I must just say that u might have to watch the x64bit drivers if they are digitally signed... Cuz neither Vista 64 nor Windows 7 64 will let u load or start those drivers if they are not digitally signed.

IF that the case and if u have installed the driver but it says that it has stopped it due to the driver not been Digitally signed u have to start windows vista/7 in "ignore digitally signed drivers" mode.

When u start the computer, keep hitting F8 and it will prompt you if u want to start in safe mode bla bla and in the bottom of that list there is an option that goes something like this:

Start Windows without Digitally signed Driver Check... or sumthing like that...

This is only if u have problems with the x64 driver... like i did... :p

BTW... u made a beautiful how-to man. Great job! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Big thanks to maybeme for providing a host for the images!!

1: Download the relevant drivers for your system attached to this post: these work for both Vista and Win7, all you have to choose is x86 or x64

EDIT: It has been found that with different versions of Windows 7 x64 need different Active Sync Drivers... If you are using Windows x64 please try x64 AS Drivers Win 7 Tested & Working.zip FIRST!!!

2: Connect Device to PC via Active Sync, Once Connected Uncheck USB Connections,DISCONNECT DEVICE then Reboot Computer

3: Bring device into bootloader (Reset + Hold Vol Down), This will show the Red, Blue, Green screen showing "Serial" - Once Computer booted, connect device in bootloader mode to USB, the word "Serial" will change to "USB"

4: Go to "Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager" and select Microsoft Usb Sync in Mobile Devices section (NOTE: This MAY say HTC USB Sync but as long as you select your device!!):

5: Right Click and Select "Properties" then go to Driver tab, then Select "Update Driver"

6: Choose to "Browse Computer For Driver" (the second option):

7: Select "Let Me Pick From A List...." (the second option):

8: Click "Have Disk":

9: Select the folder with downloaded driver From Step 1 and select "wceusbsh.inf" (this is the same file for x86 & x64):

10: You will get back to previous screen, then click Install

10a: WINDOWS 7 ONLY - The Below Warning will appear, Select "Install anyway":

11: The drivers will be successfully installed:

12: When you get back to "Driver Properties" check driver version. If the "Driver Date" has changed from 2nd step (2003 instead of 2007 - The year does not matter as long as it is not 2007!!), the installation has been a sucess:

13: Lastly leave the device connected and in "Bootloader" and reboot you system. Upon Rebooting an "Unknown Device" is installed, this is your HTC device.

Now the Active Sync Drivers are Installed
    MTTY - Flashing From INTERNAL STORAGE

Follow this procedure for FLASHING YOUR ROM FROM INTERNAL STORAGE AFTER MTTY

b: Before you start grab: mtty1.42.zip

Procedure:

1: Download a ROM of your Choice, RENAME the *.nbh for your ROM to: LEOIMG.nbh

2: Copy LEOIMG.nbh to the "Storage Card" of your Device.

3: Bring device into bootloader (Reset + Hold Vol Down), at first your HD2 will attempt to flash the LEOIMG.nbh you just copied to your Storage Card, you will have 2 Options, Press Vol Down to CANCEL THE UPDATE!! (DO NOT FLASH NOW!!) after pressing Vol Down you will now see the Red, Blue, Green screen showing "Serial"

4: Connect device in bootloader mode to USB, the word "Serial" will change to "USB"

5: Run mtty1.42.exe, You will se a box showing "COM1" from this list select "USB" - If USB isn't in the list, something has gone wrong in the "Driver Installation" Section of POST 1

6: Leave default parameters, (8 bits / Flow Control NONE / Stop bits 1 / Parity None / Local Echo No) and Click OK

7: Run following commands:

7a: Press enter first to get prompt (Will Show as EITHER USB> or CMD> - Personally Mine Showed CMD>)

---------------------
    MTTY OUTPUT:
    ---------------------
    CMD>
    ---------------------

7b: type "set 14 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset:

---------------------
    MTTY OUTPUT:
    ---------------------
    Cmd>set 14 0
    crc=0xD2C8DA7F.

HTCST ÚÈÒHTCE
    Cmd>
    ---------------------

7c: type "task 29" to get your device formatted:

---------------------
    MTTY OUTPUT:
    ---------------------
    Cmd>task 29
    Format BINFS start
    Format BINFS end

Cmd>
    ---------------------

7d: type "task 8" to ask your device reboot:

---------------------
    MTTY OUTPUT:
    ---------------------
    Cmd>task 8

Cmd>
    ---------------------

8: Immediately DISCONNECT your device and hold "Vol Down" to Initiate ROM Flash

9: After ROM flash Hard-reset (Pen Reset, then Press and Hold Vol Up and Vol Down) again, on completion "Press Vol Up To Boot" Is displayed, press "Vol Up" and allow the ROM to boot.
    This is the second attempt at this thread.

Please try and keep it civil.

Thanks
    Dave

Here Here and thanks a lot for re-opening!

Note: EVERYONE (Self Included) PLAY NICE!! This thread is for discussion of MTTY and not alternatives.

If you have an alternative post a thread for your own discussions

Thanks All

MG

Cotulla said:
    Hello,

task 29 should work.

Seems it's just copy-paste from another function.
    It always outputed, so it can be ignored...

-Cotulla

Hi,

After the success of the Diamond Version of this guide I decided to "BRING THE RAIN" over here!! I noticed a post about a rom having random hard resets so I knew my calling was up!!

After what happened in the Diamond thread with the Tourists Im going to try and remove all repeat questions BEFORE they get asked so READ THIS WARNING:

F.A.T.M.T.I.D.Q:
    (Frequently Asked TOO Many Times Infuriating Damn Questions):
    1: "After task 28, I get this output in MTTY: Total Bad Block in CE: x"

2:
    "After task 29, I get this output in MTTY:

ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!
    ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!"
    (where x is a random number)

This has been asked 100+ times in the Diam
    ond thread so this is the final time I will answer:

IT MEANS NOTHING..NADA..ZIP! I have not experienced ANY problem with this output...Please stop asking!

As we all know MTTY is the key here, but I can say from personal experience that this small piece of software is a MASSIVE pain in the ass to get working, i must have tried 15-20 different “recommended” procedures to get it work and all failed.

But I managed to find a failsafe method of getting MTTY working on Vista AND Windows 7, also x86 AND x64!! (I have all 4 windows installations and the methods detailed below worked on all)

NOTE: WORKS WITHOUT DRIVER INSTALL ON XP

If for some reason you cannot got this to work on XP do the following: (Thanks kgerry!!)

Hi,

if you run XP and you have Problems to connect to USB try following:

1. Launch ActiveSync on PC
    2. Go to connection settings
    3. Uncheck the Allow USB Connection
    4. bring the device to bootloader.
    5. Now, run mtty ...

... try again to switch from COM1 to USB and follow the instructions of perfect post 3

Hope it helps ... Kgerry

Here is how this thread works:

Post 1: Description
    Post 2: Driver Installation
    Post 3: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM INTERNAL STORAGE
    Post 4: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM YOU SYSTEM

THANKS to:

Reb0rn - for pointing me to the light!
    l2tp - for the images
    lunasea - for providing me with working drivers

and of course to anyone else I forgot.

I hope this helps people!!

MG

Donations:

stokedanuk

Thanks VERY muchly!!!
    MTTY - Flashing From USB

Before you start:

b: Before you start grab:mtty1.42.zip

Procedure:

1: Bring device into bootloader (Reset + Hold Vol Down), this will show the Red, Blue, Green screen showing "Serial" - Connect device in bootloader mode to USB, the word "Serial" will change to "USB"

2: Run mtty1.42.exe, You will se a box showing "COM1" from this list select "USB" - If USB isn't in the list, something has gone wrong in the "Driver Installation" Section of POST 1

3: Leave default parameters, (8 bits / Flow Control NONE / Stop bits 1 / Parity None / Local Echo No) and Click OK

4: Run following commands:

5a: Press enter first to get prompt (Will Show as EITHER USB> or CMD> - Personally Mine Showed CMD>)

---------------------
    MTTY OUTPUT:
    ---------------------
    CMD>
    ---------------------

5b: type "set 14 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset:

---------------------
    MTTY OUTPUT:
    ---------------------
    Cmd>set 14 0
    crc=0xD2C8DA7F.

HTCST ÚÈÒHTCE
    Cmd>
    ---------------------

5c: type "task 29" to get your device formatted:

---------------------
    MTTY OUTPUT:
    ---------------------
    Cmd>task 29
    Format BINFS start
    Format BINFS end

Cmd>
    ---------------------

5d: type "task 8" to ask your device reboot:

---------------------
    MTTY OUTPUT:
    ---------------------
    Cmd>task 8

Cmd>
    ---------------------

6: Immediately DISCONNECT your device then Press and Hold Vol Down to bring the device back to bootloader and connect to USB.

7: Run ROM Flasher and flash via USB. After rom flash is completed Hard-reset (Pen Reset, then Press and Hold Vol Up and Vol Down) then allow the ROM to boot.