[APP][3.0+ / 4.0+] OrientationLocker - Set your Orientation EASY and FAST (1.6) - NEW

Search This thread

SagiLo

May 22, 2008
Banner_Alpha.png

"It’s happened to all of us. You’re lying in bed and have screen auto-rotation on, and as soon as you open an up on your home screen, the screen turns sideways. Yes, we know we can turn off the auto-rotation in the settings, or change the position of the phone until the text is upright once more, but we’re a lazy people, in a lazy generation aided by technology, and if there’s an app for something, then problem fixed."
Samantha -Read the full review

'OrientationLocker' enables you to toggle the Auto-rotate mechanism EASILY.
Each time you change the screen orientation without any need of pulling down the status bar, going to settings or using external application.
Each time you rotate your phone, the lock symbol will appear and by a single click you will be able to choose whether you want your screen to rotate or not !

DONATION version offers the following features :
  • Setting the symbol opacity.
  • the symbol offset.
  • More options for symbol timeout.
  • Setting notification icon as transparent.
Please try the free version to make sure everything is as expected.

Note!
This app will NOT lock your screen permanently in any orientation, it uses the Android auto-rotate mechanism in order to control the screen orientation !

The app requests several permissions - it's all for making it more usable ,
I.E. it will ask for Read Phone status and identity for not interrupting while in call / ring.

GooglePlay free app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsImNvbS5TYWdpTC5vcmllbnRhdGlvbmxvY2tlciJd

Google Play donation app :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...5TYWdpTC5vcmllbnRhdGlvbmxvY2tlckRvbmF0aW9uIl0.

..... .....

Changelog (full changelog can be found in Google Play)
1.6.2 - Fixed bug where sometimes symbol doesn't disappear.
1.6.1 (Only Donation version, normal is still 1.6) - Small bugfix with transparent icon.

• [DONATION VER] Added slider for symbol timeout (2 - 10 seconds)
• [DONATION VER] Added option for transparent notification icon.
• Fixed minor bugs.
• Removed some log entries.

• Fixed the bug where app sometimes crashes.

• Fixed app not starting on boot.

• Added option to show only lock image as symbol (no background mode)
• Fixed short timeout when rotating phone while symbol appears.
• Fixed opacity value not loaded on application start-up.

Last edited:

apex88

Aug 19, 2011
Thanks mate, very useful if you change orientation often like me.
The UI is very intuitive.

blakstar

Jan 23, 2013
Tyre
Great idea. Will try it right now and write you feedback

Edit: Feedback: great app, simple design. Useful.
Bug: none
Ram: 10 MB of RAM, good, average, not too high
Overall: nothing to say, except thank you very much for this awesome app. Will stay on my device

Last edited:

SagiLo

May 22, 2008
Great idea. Will try it right now and write you feedback

Edit: Feedback: great app, simple design. Useful.
Bug: none
Ram: 10 MB of RAM, good, average, not too high
Overall: nothing to say, except thank you very much for this awesome app. Will stay on my device

Helps a lot !!! thanks !!!

Senzune

Jun 16, 2011
Great app! Just one remark: I don't like the intrusive icon. Will future updates include a simple, minimal white-only lock icon to fit with every other icon? It's a small thing but nonetheless it could - personally spoken - be that bit better ;)

SagiLo

May 22, 2008
Great app! Just one remark: I don't like the intrusive icon. Will future updates include a simple, minimal white-only lock icon to fit with every other icon? It's a small thing but nonetheless it could - personally spoken - be that bit better ;)

When unlocked - the icon is pretty much white... when locked its colored so you will know its locked.
Can you please upload screenshot so ill see why the icon is intrusive ? i see it as a small icon

Notice you can long click the icon and change its location to one of the screen corners ... !

TTorr

Apr 7, 2013
Can you make the app lock the screen all the times? There were some app auto rotate even we lock the screen (youtube while watching ):)

SagiLo

May 22, 2008
Can you make the app lock the screen all the times? There were some app auto rotate even we lock the screen (youtube while watching ):)

Well, I thought about doing so... but as far as I know, it can cause some issues I don't think i want to put myself there, it's really working around the system configurations (think of apps only working in landscape mode, locking the orientation completely will make them work in incompatible mode )
Regarding youtube ... It's actually Youtube fault that their app rotates although auto-rotate is OFF...

Reactions: TTorr

SagiLo

May 22, 2008
Updated - bugs fixed (by your requests and queries, thank you)
Donation version is up for helping with the development costs :good:

wilbr

Jan 5, 2011
I just downloaded the app a few minutes ago. So far, very good. I'll write a review at the Play store later this week, and if I'm still using the app in a week, I'll definitely purchase the donation version.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Banner_Alpha.png

"It’s happened to all of us. You’re lying in bed and have screen auto-rotation on, and as soon as you open an up on your home screen, the screen turns sideways. Yes, we know we can turn off the auto-rotation in the settings, or change the position of the phone until the text is upright once more, but we’re a lazy people, in a lazy generation aided by technology, and if there’s an app for something, then problem fixed."
    Samantha -Read the full review

'OrientationLocker' enables you to toggle the Auto-rotate mechanism EASILY.
    Each time you change the screen orientation without any need of pulling down the status bar, going to settings or using external application.
    Each time you rotate your phone, the lock symbol will appear and by a single click you will be able to choose whether you want your screen to rotate or not !

DONATION version offers the following features :
    • Setting the symbol opacity.
    • the symbol offset.
    • More options for symbol timeout.
    • Setting notification icon as transparent.
    Please try the free version to make sure everything is as expected.

Note!
    This app will NOT lock your screen permanently in any orientation, it uses the Android auto-rotate mechanism in order to control the screen orientation !

The app requests several permissions - it's all for making it more usable ,
    I.E. it will ask for Read Phone status and identity for not interrupting while in call / ring.

GooglePlay free app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsImNvbS5TYWdpTC5vcmllbnRhdGlvbmxvY2tlciJd

Google Play donation app :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...5TYWdpTC5vcmllbnRhdGlvbmxvY2tlckRvbmF0aW9uIl0.

..... .....

Changelog (full changelog can be found in Google Play)
    1.6.2 - Fixed bug where sometimes symbol doesn't disappear.
    1.6.1 (Only Donation version, normal is still 1.6) - Small bugfix with transparent icon.

• [DONATION VER] Added slider for symbol timeout (2 - 10 seconds)
    • [DONATION VER] Added option for transparent notification icon.
    • Fixed minor bugs.
    • Removed some log entries.

• Fixed the bug where app sometimes crashes.

• Fixed app not starting on boot.

• Added option to show only lock image as symbol (no background mode)
    • Fixed short timeout when rotating phone while symbol appears.
    • Fixed opacity value not loaded on application start-up.
    Thanks mate, very useful if you change orientation often like me.
    The UI is very intuitive.

Thanks man ...
    Please send me feedback after using it !

Well, I thought about doing so... but as far as I know, it can cause some issues I don't think i want to put myself there, it's really working around the system configurations (think of apps only working in landscape mode, locking the orientation completely will make them work in incompatible mode )
    Regarding youtube ... It's actually Youtube fault that their app rotates although auto-rotate is OFF...
    Thanks for making this available.
    Just curious, is this any different than Orientaion Switch?

Sorry, I didn't find any reference to any app called 'Orientation Switch' app (not in the play store)
    Anyway, I think the best it to try it yourself ... Uninstall will always stay an option ;)
    Version 1.5 with an option to remove symbol background was released.

Thanks to "polobunny" for the nice idea :)