Moto G (Retail.en.DE) 4.4.2 OTA ZIP

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, here is the ZIP of the German Moto G 4.4.2 OTA Update.

falcon_umts.Retail.en.DE

Filename:
    Blur_Version.174.44.9.falcon_umts.Retail.en.DE.zip

Download

Mirror 1 (Thanks to Houamei):
    http://d-h.st/JRE

Mirror 2 (Thanks to ferreinf):
    https://mega.co.nz/#!PQhVnarb!OeSRfUQD7e0PJuZwv_fq5DgNE6EZacR2TE9yUPvl2Kg

MD5: e41b3460d68b752b7fc7f0ee51619ea6

Installation
    1. Copy ZIP-File to SD Card
    2. Reboot your phone.
    3. Done!

Have fun with it, and bye!
    So wait, does the German update have other languages included? I'm just wondering as I'm tempted to flash the updated 4.3.2 ROM from Droid-Developers to try and get the OTA.

I can confirm that my 16GB Moto G, which has its bootloader unlocked and CWM Recovery, and was running 14.71.8.falcon_umts.Retail.en.GB rooted is now running the DE 4.4.2 update. What's more, the method I used let me keep all my apps and data!

Here's my process:

• Download and extract the 14.91.11.falcon_umts.Retail.en.DE ROM (from Droid-Developers) from its .tar.gz
    • Put the device in fastboot mode
    • Run "flashall.bat", which is located in the extracted ROM folder
    • Allow the device to fully complete flashing process, it should reboot the device.
    • Download the 4.4.2 OTA .zip file from one of the mirrors and put in the root of the device's storage
    • Reboot the device once more, and check for updates in Settings
    • The check should detect the 4.4.2 OTA .zip in your device's storage, which will prompt the install notice
    • Allow the device to update
    • All done, congratulations!

You will loose root if you use this method, and I'm not sure if you can re-root (most probably you CAN, though I'm no expert on these things).

EDIT: You can re-obtain root, using the same method as for the US ROM (here), I've just done so with mine.
    I can confirm that my 16GB Moto G, which has its bootloader unlocked and CWM Recovery, and was running 14.71.8.falcon_umts.Retail.en.GB rooted is now running the DE 4.4.2 update. What's more, the method I used let me keep all my apps and data!

Here's my process:

• Download and extract the 14.91.11.falcon_umts.Retail.en.DE ROM (from Droid-Developers) from its .tar.gz
    • Put the device in fastboot mode
    • Run "flashall.bat", which is located in the extracted ROM folder
    • Allow the device to fully complete flashing process, it should reboot the device.
    • Download the 4.4.2 OTA .zip file from one of the mirrors and put in the root of the device's storage
    • Reboot the device once more, and check for updates in Settings
    • The check should detect the 4.4.2 OTA .zip in your device's storage, which will prompt the install notice
    • Allow the device to update
    • All done, congratulations!

You will loose root if you use this method, and I'm not sure if you can re-root (most probably you CAN, though I'm no expert on these things).

EDIT: You can re-obtain root, using the same method as for the US ROM (here), I've just done so with mine.

I used the above process with total success, with a locked bootloader and no root (smax1991, shure2). One phone was Tesco branded, one was not, it did not make any difference (vlad1999, masteriori).

Kept all my apps and data. apk install works without google drive workaround, it did not before. ART works. (saeed74) phone is fast and smooth (I'd say better than before, as smooth as iOS). Notification bar, action bar both transparent fade to black with carrier in top left (looks good) (with GEL at least). Everything is in English, the full language pack is there. HSDPA shows up as H and H+.

Search Blur_Version.14.91.11.falcon_umts.Retail.en.DE for German Retail, droid-developers is a fast host.
    Blur_Version.174.44.9.falcon_umts.Retail.en.DE is in the OP, d-h.st is also a fast host.

Didn't time the whole process but it was very quick and simple. I'd recommend it if you're worried about waiting for the upgrade.

Does not come with GEL. Search Google Experience Launcher 0.10.1.920880 for the apk if you want it (and turn on google now).

Hope this all helps.
    here is the ZIP of the German Moto G 4.4.2 OTA Update Uploadet to Dev-Host

Moto G (Retail.en.DE) 4.4.2 OTA ZIP
    I am Uploading it to Dev-Host right now takes 40 min then i provide the link