[Q] Bluetooth issues in a vehicle

Search This thread

belyj

Jan 30, 2007
Hi everyone,

Got my black Z1c yesterday, love it so far!

However, when I try to use it in my car (Audi A6 2008), I cannot place a call if it was initiated from the car's interface.

The phone connects to BT no probs and shows my car in the devices list as a headset. Incoming calls are reflected on the car's display, and connected to the speaker's/mic of the car. When I place a call from the phone itself - same deal, all works as expected. But when I use the car's controls to dial a number, the car's display shows "connecting", and nothing happens...

Tried to pair/unpair many times, no success. Tried other phones, like iPhone 5, Samsung Ativ S (WP8), Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, HTC One - all work seamlessly. My old Xperia Z was working fine, until I sold it to get the Z1c... I would never expect Z1c to behave like this...

Anyone has similar issues?

GR36

Apr 1, 2011
Yes mine is the same (ford sync)

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

belyj

Jan 30, 2007
Bluetooth is a wireless protocol for exchanging data over short distances from fixed and mobile devices, creating personal area networks.
There are two important parameters of Bluetooth devices - class and supported profiles.
"Class" signifies the distance at which a Bluetooth connection is possible. Most mobile devices are Class 2, which means they have a range of up to 10 m. Class 1 devices are rare and have a range of up to 100 feet.
A "profile" is a type of Bluetooth connection. The most common are the Headset (HSP) and Handsfree (HFP) profiles that enable the device to connect to a wireless headset or handsfree.
Some other profiles are OBEX (OBject EXchange) which allows transfer of files, contacts and events; A2DP, which adds support for streaming of stereo sound and AVRC, which allows remote control of playback.

... and the reason you have posted this is...?

belyj

Jan 30, 2007
try clear caches. All kinds of caches. When I say all kinds, I mean all caches that you can clean. Retry what you want to do. If it does not help, try factory reset and retry your bluetooth connection. if it still does not help, try flash firmware. I guess this is the solution you can count on.

Thanks, will try. The phone was just outta box when I was trying it in my car... The car was the first BT device it has ever been paired wtih... :confused:

DanielMalmgren

Aug 4, 2010
Kisa
Phone calls work fine on mine.

BUT while we're on the topic of vehicle BT, has anyone got working song info via bluetooth? I thought it was supposed to support avrcp 1.3, but in my car (2013 Ford SYNC) I still get no info about songs I'm listening to and also the voice commands for playing artists or albums don't work.

/Daniel

easycure1974

Nov 22, 2005
Eskilstuna
I use it with my new Golf and the phone functions works as expected but the song info does not show. But they never do with Android phones. My 5s works of course

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Myath

Sep 25, 2011
I use it with my new Golf and the phone functions works as expected but the song info does not show. But they never do with Android phones. My 5s works of course

In my Toyota Auris 2013 model song info always worked with Walkman app assuming you have tags filled out correctly.
I know there were some issues with tag info in Poweramp I prefer to use but they got that fixed recently. Advanced options to display song info on external BT device is just buried deep in app's settings though.

Last edited:

raph84

Feb 24, 2007
Everything works fantastic on my BMW F10 (2012) with Navigation Professional, Bluetooth Music with Song Info, Phone with contact pictures (! Didn't even know that was possible until I got the Z10c) and full Message Access Profile with historic E-Mail and SMS access.

The In-Car integration is the main reason why I am torn between iPhone 5s and Xperia Z1c.
The iPhone has the Advantage of "BMW Apps", which allow using Webradio, Facebook, RSS Feeds etc. through the Navigation, as well as iPod Control and Coverart Display.

The Z10 can't do those things, but it can do Bluetooth MAP which is rather important to me also. Webradio can of course be streamed via BT (and controlled on the phone).