2.3.5 gingerbread stock uk rom needed

Search This thread

jake460

Mar 16, 2013
scotland
Hi guys, need a working link for 2.3.5 gingerbread uk stock rom I9100BUKJ3_I9100VODKI2_VOD.zip
or 2.3.5 on o2 or unbranded uk stock 2.3.5
I need to repair my imei/efs folder with a Z3X box, and the firmware needs to be on 2.3.5, and no i have no backup of the efs folder.
tried sammobile and android firmwares but no luck

thanks.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
If Samfirmware, AndroidFirmwares.net or Samsung-Updates.com don't have what you want, you're SOOL.

You won't find it anywhere else, the chances of someone reading this who coincidentally has a copy handy these days is zero given how few people read/post here - there's a fair chance you'll be sitting there in a month & probably won't even get another reply to this thread (and the reason for that is as above; those 3 places are the only places you're going to source a 3 yr old firmware for a 3yr old phone).

Besides, why do you think need that particular firmware ? I'm not seeing why you can't use any other firmware for your country/carrier. If I were in your situation, I'd be investigating that one, otherwise you probably won't be fixing it.

jake460

Mar 16, 2013
scotland
Its whats recommended on gsmforum in the z3x repair guide forum.
Thanks.

Sent from my G510 using xda app-developers app

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'd be checking the date of whatever you're reading. Are you sure it's not dated around the time this phone was released ? If it is, that would explain why that firmware is recommended (may well have been the only firmware available at the time).

Essentially, firmware is firmware, the differences between them are minimal - only differences are the modems, and carrier-specific 'crapware'. The kernels are sometimes a little different depending on date of release (maybe different Linux kernel version), but the main differences happen when you're talking about roms with different Android versions (GB-ICS-JB). Even then, I'm not seeing why you need a specific firmware for an EFS repair/IMEI re-write.

Up to you what you do, but as I said, expect to still be looking for this firmware weeks from now if you insist you need that & only that one.

jake460

Mar 16, 2013
scotland
Used 123unlock to repair imei,
tried with 4.1.2 firmware, didn't work managed to find an o2 2.3.5 gingerbread firmware and it worked first time imei now repaired.

Check out 123unlock if you get stuck with no imei and no efs backup, it worked for me, but it cost me €21 to use their online repair server.

Last edited: