[APP] Kongregate-Over 300 free flash games!

Search This thread

neotekz

Oct 7, 2007
Ottawa
im not sure if this is a repost but check out this app...it has over 300 free flash games you can download. For some reason google banned this app from the marketplace so you have to go download it from their website, google kongregate android.

Reactions: oski252

Hilarium

Nov 28, 2010
anyone have the original apk that allows to install flash games to sd card? or that one doesn't work anymore because they updated the app?

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006
Just wait 5minutes, I'll post the original here.

edit:
Okay you can download the original (January 18/v1.0.8) apk from this site:
http://www.getjar.com/mobile/53364/kongregate-arcade-for-samsung-gt-i9000-galaxy-s/?s=phones

It is completely free, and this is the version that got banned from the Android Market.
Google say it is like an AppStore within the Android Market and I agree, but it is an awesomely free one with great titles!
And I still stand behind my reasoning that this "App" or "AppStore" wasn't threatening/damaging the Market in any way ... infact it was doing the exact opposite by bringing more titles to the Android platform (and enticing iOS/WP7 customers).

Why this older version is better than the new one (on the Android Market) is because it has the "offline mode". It automatically downloaded the flash games to your internal/SD card ... thus you don't need to constantly waste your time, money and internet allowance on re-downloading it again and again.

The new one sucks because it has no "offline mode" instead it tries to save the games to your browsers cache. I've noticed from experience once you have about a dozen or more games cached, the performance of the Android browser becomes slower. In fact, it pretty much overloaded mine, and the froyo system "fixed" the problem by clearing it automatically; making me lose my previous data and the games. I also think by exhausting the cache, this might cause faster battery drain from your device.

Here's a quick note, try to run as few Apps as possible when trying to play these flash games. This thing will cripple older/slower devices, and will give newer ones a lot of stress. If you do not close all the Apps, that's fine it might run a little slower, but make sure you definitely close down any internet browsers or Apps that use/stress the Flash 10.1 resources. Also, you can control which directory the games will be downloaded to (either to internal or to SDcard), so choose depending on your personal space needs. (I'm using a Galaxy S I9000 with stock froyo)

If you download from another source and want to test if its the original (superior) version, you can do so by:
Downloading/Opening/Playing any game (eg Ink Ball). Then exited the app and disable any internet connections (switch on Flight mode). Re-open the App. Try playing the same game (eg Ink Ball) ... if it enters/resumes (congrats you have the original version) otherwise it will come with a note about getting an internet connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhr

Hilarium

Nov 28, 2010

edit:
http://www.getjar.com/mobile/53364/kongregate-arcade-for-samsung-gt-i9000-galaxy-s/?s=phones

It is completely free, and this is the version that got banned from the Android Market.
Google say it is like an AppStore within the Android Market and I agree, but it is an awesomely free one with great titles!
And I still stand behind my reasoning that this "App" or "AppStore" wasn't threatening/damaging the Market in any way ... infact it was doing the exact opposite by bringing more titles to the Android platform (and enticing iOS/WP7 customers).

Why this older version is better than the new one (on the Android Market) is because it has the "offline mode". It automatically downloaded the flash games to your internal/SD card ... thus you don't need to constantly waste your time, money and internet allowance on re-downloading it again and again.

The new one sucks because it has no "offline mode" instead it tries to save the games to your browsers cache. I've noticed from experience once you have about a dozen or more games cached, the performance of the Android browser becomes slower. In fact, it pretty much overloaded mine, and the froyo system "fixed" the problem by clearing it automatically; making me lose my previous data and the games. I also think by exhausting the cache, this might cause faster battery drain from your device.

Here's a quick note, try to run as few Apps as possible when trying to play these flash games. This thing will cripple older/slower devices, and will give newer ones a lot of stress. If you do not close all the Apps, that's fine it might run a little slower, but make sure you definitely close down any internet browsers or Apps that use/stress the Flash 10.1 resources. Also, you can control which directory the games will be downloaded to (either to internal or to SDcard), so choose depending on your personal space needs. (I'm using a Galaxy S I9000 with stock froyo)

If you download from another source and want to test if its the original (superior) version, you can do so by:
Downloading/Opening/Playing any game (eg Ink Ball). Then exited the app and disable any internet connections (switch on Flight mode). Re-open the App. Try playing the same game (eg Ink Ball) ... if it enters/resumes (congrats you have the original version) otherwise it will come with a note about getting an internet connection.

does this older(original) version still gets updates? like new flash games and etc?

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006
does this older(original) version still gets updates? like new flash games and etc?

When I first installed it (after it was removed from Market), there was around ~320 games available.
I've checked today, and there is 338 games available.

So yes, and I hope they will keep it that way :)

aksma

Sep 5, 2008
Its not allowing to download for Captivate, does anybody has the apk or zip file, if so please share the link

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im not sure if this is a repost but check out this app...it has over 300 free flash games you can download. For some reason google banned this app from the marketplace so you have to go download it from their website, google kongregate android.

edit: