[Script] For Stock ROMS! Enable AutoStart Scripts! (etc/init.d folder) w/o VR Patch!

Search This thread

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
I'm not sure on which phones this will work.
Motorola Milestone is for certain. Probably other Motorolas as well.
If you have the file /system/bin/mot_boot_mode, then this should work just fine.

Edit: Works on DroidX, Atrix, Bionic, Defy... (I guess it really does have a chance of working if you have mot_boot_mode :)

Do this at your own risk

What you need:

1. GScript Lite or Script Manager
2. Rooted Phone. For Milestoners, you can use Universal Androot (not in market ?)
3. Busybox Installer

You don't need to have a vulnerable recovery applied.

Why you want it: People on custom roms take it for granted that they can run custom scripts from the /system/etc/init.d folder.

Overclocking, tweaking memory settings, kernel tweaks, etc.

Those on Stock ROMS usually have to resort to 3rd party apps (eg. Milestone Overclock, Auto Memory Manager) that take up memory to do stuff that custom roms do automatically and easily - with boot up scripts.

It's possible for Stock ROMS to get this ability via open recovery but most users may find it overwhelming and confusing as to where to even start.

I have also been working on GScripts to get my SuperCharging / Bulletproof Launcher tweaks to work on all phones without need of 3rd party software.
I found that the easiest way would be with a startup script placed in the /system/etc/init.d - the same way that custom roms do it.

Since alot of users would be uncomfortable with getting it working via open recovery, I converted the open recovery script to work in GScript!

Booya!

Instructions: 1. Extract the attached zip file into the root of your sdcard. The files should then be inside the folder /sdcard/gscript
................... 2. Run GScript Lite
................... 3. Press menu > Add script > Load file button
................... 4. Select "!Autostarts - Enable init.d on Stock ROMS.sh"
................... 5. Leave "Needs SU?" checked and press the Save button.
................... 6. It now shows up in the list of GScripts.
................... Note: GScript will save it internally within it's settings.
................... 7. Run the script by simply selecting it in GScript... and...
................... 8. Get tweaking!

All thanks go to those who put Androidian OpenRecovery together! ie. Skrilax_CZ, Azhad and 89luca89!!

Attachments

• gscript-Stock_ROMS-Autostarts_Enabled.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 26,233
Last edited:
S

sileshnair

Good job, Joe. I'll test and let you know.

btw, the values that we discussed a few days back work better for me on stock. First 3 from your script and last 3 default values.

mcpterra

Aug 4, 2009
What you need:

1. GScript Lite
2. Rooted Phone. For Milestoners, you can use Universal Androot (not in market ?)
3. Busybox Installer - Have it install the latest BusyBox (v1.19). This ensures GScript doesn't spit out ugly stderr: messages.

Why you want it: People on custom roms take it for granted that they can run custom scripts from the /system/etc/init.d folder.

Those on Stock ROMS usually have to resort to 3rd party apps (eg. Milestone Overclock, Auto Memory Manager) that take up memory to do stuff that custom roms do automatically and easily - with boot up scripts.

It's possible for Stock ROMS to get this ability via open recovery but most users may find it overwhelming and confusing as to where to even start.

I have also been working on GScripts to get my SuperCharging / Bulletproof Launcher tweaks to work on all phones without need of 3rd party software.
I found that the easiest way would be with a startup script placed in the /system/etc/init.d - the same way that custom roms do it.

Since alot of users would be uncomfortable with getting it working via open recovery, I converted the open recovery script to work in GScript!

Booya!

Instructions: 1. Extract the attached zip file into the root of your sdcard. The files should then be inside the folder /sdcard/gscript
................... 7. Run the script by simply selecting it in GScript... and...

All thanks go to those who put Androidian OpenRecovery together! ie. Skrilax_CZ, Azhad and 89luca89!!

Hi, good evening.

Excellent work... But I cant see
gscript-All_ROMS-SuperCharge+BulletProof_Pack_v4.zip
It isnt a link.

Thanks. Best regards
Marcos

S

sileshnair

Hey Zep, will these work on 2.1 eclair? I am running 2.1 for a change. Had enough of the half cooked Froyo and GB roms.

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
I'm not sure.
Did you flash a custom eclair or stock?
I'd love to get it to work with stock eclair though.

If you have a 10overclock, where is it?

Actually, a good test is if you were able to overclock with AOR's froyo menu after running this gscript

S

sileshnair

I'm not sure.
Did you flash a custom eclair or stock?
I'd love to get it to work with stock eclair though.

If you have a 10overclock, where is it?

Actually, a good test is if you were able to overclock with AOR's froyo menu after running this gscript

I am currently overclocked using milestone overclock app. There is no 10overclock file in /system/etc/init.d folder. I will try overclocking using AOR after loading modules.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
In AOR, the eclair overclocking uses the /system/bin/boot_script folder as opposed to the usual /system/etc/init.d folder.

If I do a google search for "eclair /system/bin/boot_script" there aren't that many results.
If I do a google search for "eclair /system/etc/init.d" there are twice as many hits.

So this should work on stock eclair without vulnerability patch :D

LuigiC6

Dec 7, 2010
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6
Applying this to a rooted, stock 2.2.1 milestone makes the M logo bootloop... ive tried it twice. Followed the steps exactly..

And I think it may have bricked my phone :S Now it won't turn on anymore...

Last edited:

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
So buysbox is installed right?
I actually developed the script working with stock telus 2.2.1 so it works.

I had a problem flashing the sbf 2.2 upgrade and was stuck on the M logo.
From recovery menu, I had wiped caches/reset to factory defaults and it booted up.

What have you tried so far?

LuigiC6

Dec 7, 2010
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6
So buysbox is installed right?
I actually developed the script working with stock telus 2.2.1 so it works.

I had a problem flashing the sbf 2.2 upgrade and was stuck on the M logo.
From recovery menu, I had wiped caches/reset to factory defaults and it booted up.

What have you tried so far?

I can't do anything really. It won't turn on, not even into recovery. No M logo, the screen doesn't even light up, and when I try to charge, the charge light doesn't turn on, and it doesn't charge, and isn't recognized by my comp. Initially it went into a boot loop, but then I restored via nandroid, but then I tried again, and I left the phone for a couple mins, then when I got back, it was really warm and wouldn't turn on or charge. I have a feeling something burnt out. I'm gunna bring it to telus today and try and get a new one.

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
For charging it, use the wall charger.
Does anything happen if you take the battery out and plug it in?
Normally, you would get a big battery icon with a question mark.
Then put the battery in and it changes to whatever the battery level is.

Reactions: LuigiC6

LuigiC6

Dec 7, 2010
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6

I don't have my wall charger with me, but I've made some progress I think..
Now when I plug it into usb without the battery, the light goes on, and I can insert the battery without it shutting off. But it still won't turn on , and when I plug it in with the battery in it, the light doesn't come on. I've been trying that battery bypass thing, and my comp is definitely responding to it being plugged in, but only for a second or two.

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
heh.. thanks
So if you had openrecovery going with vulnerable recovery, why did you use the gscript method?
Just curious, it's the same thing really.
But with openrecovery available you would have more options for trying to get it going again.

LuigiC6

Dec 7, 2010
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6
heh.. thanks
So if you had openrecovery going with vulnerable recovery, why did you use the gscript method?
Just curious, it's the same thing really.
But with openrecovery available you would have more options for trying to get it going again.

I tried that actually, but the overclocks didn't work, and neither did the bulletproof launcher. They worked on custom roms, but not stock.

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
I see.

In aor's froyo menu there is the enable autostarts which does the exact same as this gscript since I merely copied it lol.
The only advantage of the gscript is that you don't need vr patched and no aor.

Of course both would then allow the overclocking and other stuff on stock roms.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure on which phones this will work.
    Motorola Milestone is for certain. Probably other Motorolas as well.
    If you have the file /system/bin/mot_boot_mode, then this should work just fine.

Edit: Works on DroidX, Atrix, Bionic, Defy... (I guess it really does have a chance of working if you have mot_boot_mode :)

Do this at your own risk

What you need:

1. GScript Lite or Script Manager
    3. Busybox Installer

Booya!

If you don't have much battery left, you're not gonna get too far.
    It'll just keep draining more n more.

Howabout a car charger to charge it in the meantime?
    ah ok.
    Hopefully it won't take too long to get it back