Transparent statusbar for SGN???

Search This thread

yamaha83

Feb 16, 2010
i know its not what you are looking for, but you could use ADW EX or some launcher like that to just hide the status bar for now till the option is available. ADW EX works pretty nice cuz you can use a gesture to hide and show the status bar for when you want to see it.

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yes, I recently did the modification for ogdobber. There are xml changes as well as some new code edits than need to be performed.

I thought he was going to make a post about it somewhere (maybe I just didn't see it)

ogdobber.png

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
That looks brilliant! Any chance of a CWM recovery flashable ZIP or a tutorial of how to make the changes please??

Many thanks! :D

rjskalet

Feb 13, 2011
VCU
random question but can you post the wallpaper too?

Edit: if you dont mind as well can you post how you got the transparent soft keys?

Last edited:

fatsix

Oct 25, 2010
Yes, Please share.:D

Need the framework-res.apk, and the launcher.

Last edited:

cristian.hl

Mar 27, 2011
Yes, I recently did the modification for ogdobber. There are xml changes as well as some new code edits than need to be performed.

I thought he was going to make a post about it somewhere (maybe I just didn't see it)

ogdobber.png

really nice! please con you post the code of systemui?

another question, somebody knows how put the background of app launcher transpanrent like touchwiz4?

thanks

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
This is using modaco's deodexed SystemUI. Flash this zip in recovery:

TransparentStatusbar-GNex_MCR-signed.zip

In this apk, I've added a statusbar_background.9.png in the drawable-xhdpi folder. For those who wish to change the opacity level, you can alter that png (just make sure you don't disturb the 9 patch lines). There's still some experimenting I'd like to do, particularly with large screen devices, to make sure it's thoroughly integrated correctly, but this is decent for now.

As far as instructions, I'll have to cover those instructions later when I have a some time to make a thorough post.

N

NitrozKC

In this apk, I've added a statusbar_background.9.png in the drawable-xhdpi folder. For those who wish to change the opacity level, you can alter that png (just make sure you don't disturb the 9 patch lines). There's still some experimenting I'd like to do, particularly with large screen devices, to make sure it's thoroughly integrated correctly, but this is decent for now.

As far as instructions, I'll have to cover those instructions later when I have a some time to make a thorough post.

Cheers Pendo...you da man!

N

NitrozKC

I'm an android's noob, so probably this is a stupid question, but will it work on stock rom?

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk

If its a stock Deodexed ROM then yes it will as it will run on a similar framework. If its not deodexed then you will get bootloops.

mikeandjaimie

Aug 5, 2010
Kingston

lr6 or pre-lr7.. Or does it matter for this patch?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

fatsix

Oct 25, 2010
Very nice. The only issue is, it battles the soft keys mod. I'm not entirely sure what needs to be transferred over to the legacy/softkey mod.

11%2B-%2B1

Last edited:

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
anyone know what dudes wallpaper is? the one of the girl?

Here....I'm sure ogdobber won't mind me reposting this (he shared it in the screenshot thread, too)

http://bit.ly/ve19hU

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Very nice. The only issue is, it battles the soft keys mod. I'm not entirely sure what needs to be transferred over to the legacy/softkey mod.

11%2B-%2B1

Forgive me, I don't have a G-Nexus nor have I even seen one in operation so I'm not current on things at all.....what is the softkey mod?

Reactions: milniko

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OK...first, after reviewing some of my edits I changed the way the status bar is drawn back to the original way. I had actually been using a 9 patch before, but I am concerned about how that would work in different situations so I have changed it to a hex color. Shouldn't be much difference, although I played with the opacity on some of the other colors just a tiny bit.

TransStatus-SmoothC-softkey-signed.zip

Second...I am aware of 4.0.3_r1, and it doesn't surprise me that it bootloops. Even though it lives in the app/ directory, it's most definitely framework stuff, and quite sensitive to change. Building a new SystemUI with the transparency edits is easy enough, but as I mentioned earlier I do not have the source code for Paul's softkey edits. It's much more time consuming (for me at my skill level) to decompile SystemUI's and then run diff's and analyze where exactly to put the edits in the newer apk. Variable assignments change, etc. It's obviously possible, but I can say that I do not wish to chase revisions with these tweaks. I already have a hard enough time with this exact same thing with my themed market (sorry to those who are still waiting on that :eek:).

It's just a totally inefficient way to do that mod, especially when we have the apk source code in aosp! Maybe he does have his source available somewhere I just haven't found it. Paul has been very gracious in the past about sharing his awesome work.

Re: Transparency Edits

Now, I've been wanting to cover the edits to enable transparency but I wanted to spend some time reviewing my edits before I posted them. When initially attacking some mods I tend to get into a sort of "throw everything on the wall and see what sticks" mode. This usually results in extraneous edits that either do nothing or are redundant to other edits. I know...that's probably sloppy, but I guess it's a side-effect of the way I've learned this stuff over the last 18 months. (ie lots of trial and error, lol). Anyway, I just wanted to say why I hadn't addressed that question yet.

Now that I've gone through them, I've started typing up a post covering the edits I made to *this* systemui and they should be somewhat similar for future versions. It's instructional in nature so it'll be kind of longish...once I finish it I'll post it here.
    Anyone care to try??
    eyebrows.gif

Well, since I don't have the device I have no way of testing, so someone will need to test this. I guess Paul doesn't have his edits on github like some other devs. I would've felt a lot better this if I could've done it all the edits in source code. I tried to integrate the "Both sides with search + menu button active when not visible" version of his cool mod.

Anyway, I also put in a % battery circle that I recently made for myself that I'm using in a tmobile theme. PLEASE, do not flash this if you don't know how to backup your existing SystemUI. With the amount of edits I made to this, there's a good chance it's not quite right yet.

That said, if anyone wants to test this just flash in recovery. Please let me know what works/doesn't work.

TransStatus-SmoothC-softkey-signed.zip
    Hi og, thanks for finally chiming in ;-)

I guess I can start a new thread, but will probably do so when I get done with the little write-up. The intent is to give decent enough instructions so folks can tweak it themselves.

Don't know if you saw, but I changed the opacity on the menu bar to match the bottom of the gradient thats the background of the "hotseat" area of launcher2. I haven't seen any screenshots of it so don't know how it looks though. Also, it might be possible to keep the translucent menu bar with a lwp, just need to look into it.

@kerberos7,

Yes, it's quite possible to do. Truth be told, it was really only done by accident during my initial attempts......I got a little overzealous when seeing android:background="ff000000", lol. I'm sure you can tell that there's requests for several different configurations right now. It is not my intent to start fulfilling a lot of requests with this mod. I'm not in a position where I could commit to something like that. I'm much more interested in helping you learn how to do this yourself ;) (tutorial is coming along kinda slow with everything else going on. But I'm working on it.)
    anyone know what dudes wallpaper is? the one of the girl?

Here....I'm sure ogdobber won't mind me reposting this (he shared it in the screenshot thread, too)

http://bit.ly/ve19hU

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

11%2B-%2B1

Forgive me, I don't have a G-Nexus nor have I even seen one in operation so I'm not current on things at all.....what is the softkey mod?