[Q] Phone infected, Tried everything, nothing worked

Search This thread

galaxyi7500

Feb 24, 2012
Guyz,

I recently lost my samsung guru on my way to office and then I had to switch back the old galaxy i7500 lying around for months. It was still alive and had recently been services(the touchscreen) by the authorized service centre.

I am comfortable with recovery/rom and before sending it to service I had galaxo 1.6(the latest stable back then) on my phone. I even had some(3 to be exact) nandroid backups on my phone. After it returned from the service centre it started acting strange. Now the problem begins.

It looks & works completely fine until I call somebody. Then something just starts running in the background, random keypresses, some random application starts, and I see the volume bar all the time as some continuous volume up command is given, I presume. It just goes on like this during the entire call and even a few seconds after the call. Another problem is it silents my phone every time someone calls me, so no matter what I set in the settings I never ever hear a ring when someone calls me, even the vibration gets off.

Solutions I tried: Obviously I tried formatting the storage(it doesn't have any external storage). Flashing the ROM, changing the ROM, drakaz 2.1, recovery 6.6 etc. Nothing helped, I even tried(with some workaround) and got the old nandroid backup restored . .. but to no avail. I have currently Kaspersky installed on my phone but even it can not detect anything. I have not given odin a try yet as I am on Mac and currently not very comfortable with heimdall.

I must thank you for reading this long post of mine & appreciate any little help any of you can offer, even some sympathy will do.

Thanks in advance,

Abhinav

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
It's probably not a virus if you completely reflashed your phone, unless it nestled itself in the recovery (or other partitions that don't get wiped).

aawillma

Feb 24, 2012
Phoenix
Have you tried flashing a new radio? If the problem starts when calling maybe the radio is corrupt or fried or somehow busted. Also, the radio isn't affected when you switch ROMs so it would explain why reflashing/wiping/restoring backups doesn't help.

Since your phone isn't officially supported I have no idea how you would go about finding alternative radios though.

plainjane

Jan 14, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Sounds more like an issue with the screen rather than a software issue. I'd take it back to the service center and have them take another look, it could've been improperly fixed.

Supersonic Evo 4G | MIUI | Tapatalk