[ROM] ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH

Search This thread

rxc777

Apr 5, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH

This method necessary!
If the device is not loaded and not firmware in other ways! (If you downloaded the wrong firmware in the device)

I took the unpacked program files KDZ and added to them NVFlash and created BAT file!

Download ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/?wfokxjxi7rfoaey
Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5LBU3DS
Download APX driver: http://www.mediafire.com/?k559zgjlqkd5ted

Installation Instructions:

1. Download both files
  2. Unpack it to the C drive to their respective folder
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Hold Vol Up/Down (and keep them held)
  5. Insert the USB cable
  6. Install APX driver from the your APX folder

For windows 7(and vista? please confirm):
    • Open Device Manager in Windows and you should see "APX Device" listed with an error
    • Right click on the APX device
    • Select 'Update driver software'
    • Select 'Let me pick...'
    • Select 'Have disk'
    • Browse to directory you extracted the APX Driver
    • Select the *entire* 'APX Driver' folder
    • Accept any warnings, including the big red alert (you may need to disable UAC)
    • Now in Device Manager under 'USB Controllers' you should have an 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices'
    • If not, uninstall the driver, reboot, rinse and repeat
    • Unplug everything
  7. Hold Vol Up/Down (and keep them held)
  8. Insert USB cable
  9. open your ROM folder:
  10. Run Flash.bat file and wait for the process
  11. After the logo appears on the LG phone
  12. Unplug USB cable
  13. Insert the battery
  14. enjoy!

After that, I recommend to firmware device with help programms KDZ or LG Mobile Update

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY:

I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!! NO HOMO XD

finally my phone is fixed

THANK!!!!!

Reactions: txr_maxx

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
Just want to say THANK YOU also. I don't know what I did, but I couldn't access recovery and or anything, flashed this and now the phone works.

Thanks a lot. Never knew nvidia chip phones were easy to recover like this. HTC phones are good if you can flash an image through bootloader but that's it.

Xura08

Jan 1, 2011
Mediafire links work I just downloaded both needed files.

>>DARKSIDE<<

OH MY GAW! MY SCHOOL NOW BLOCKS MEDIAFIRE!

<3 VPN

This may save my phone now that I can download the necessary files. Thank you

Update: I keep getting a Fatal failure to read/write to mass storage (code 9) when trying this. My phone has been stuck in a boot loop since dropping it.. Is this hinting at internal damage?

Last edited:

txr_maxx

Feb 28, 2011
Mesa
Hey guys, I Bricked my phone by wiping and formatting the sd card, not sure what I was thinking but I was running Weapon with the New Clip update and forgot that when you mess with it without reverting back to your last backup your phone goes into a bootloop. So I spend 2 days trying everything with no luck, "TILL NOW : )" So what I did was install the APX drivers, ran the G2xcleanup batch file, then ran the recovery file provided here and that did the trick, thank you guys so much.

peste19

Nov 12, 2008
i am trying to update the new ota and tried this process but it still doesnt work, do i have to do anything else?

blackbeasst

May 25, 2011
well i ran the steps to a T and got the s/w update after running the flash.bat (holding the up and down volume till the .bat was done but nothing else happened? still on same s/w upgrade screen?

edit: ok i seem to have held my head the correct way the 3rd time. boots up now. time to test her out.

edit 2: well it seems to be working ok. coverage doesn't seem as good as it was. fluke maybe?

Last edited:

bamabruin

Feb 22, 2011
I cannot get a computer to recognize my device. I've tried 3 different Win 7 computers, 3 different USB cables, and read the thread completely but no solutions. Nothing shows up in Device Manager when I plug in my phone, battery removed, holding down Volume Up and Volume Down.

Any suggestions?

cricketAC

Aug 5, 2011
I cannot get a computer to recognize my device. I've tried 3 different Win 7 computers, 3 different USB cables, and read the thread completely but no solutions. Nothing shows up in Device Manager when I plug in my phone, battery removed, holding down Volume Up and Volume Down.

Any suggestions?
reinstall drivers. Sometimes it fixes the detection.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH

This method necessary!
    If the device is not loaded and not firmware in other ways! (If you downloaded the wrong firmware in the device)

I took the unpacked program files KDZ and added to them NVFlash and created BAT file!

Download ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/?wfokxjxi7rfoaey
    Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5LBU3DS
    Download APX driver: http://www.mediafire.com/?k559zgjlqkd5ted

Installation Instructions:

1. Download both files
    2. Unpack it to the C drive to their respective folder
    3. Remove the battery
    4. Hold Vol Up/Down (and keep them held)
    5. Insert the USB cable
    6. Install APX driver from the your APX folder

For windows 7(and vista? please confirm):
      • Open Device Manager in Windows and you should see "APX Device" listed with an error
      • Right click on the APX device
      • Select 'Update driver software'
      • Select 'Let me pick...'
      • Select 'Have disk'
      • Browse to directory you extracted the APX Driver
      • Select the *entire* 'APX Driver' folder
      • Accept any warnings, including the big red alert (you may need to disable UAC)
      • Now in Device Manager under 'USB Controllers' you should have an 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices'
      • If not, uninstall the driver, reboot, rinse and repeat
      • Unplug everything
    7. Hold Vol Up/Down (and keep them held)
    8. Insert USB cable
    9. open your ROM folder:
    10. Run Flash.bat file and wait for the process
    11. After the logo appears on the LG phone
    12. Unplug USB cable
    13. Insert the battery
    14. enjoy!

After that, I recommend to firmware device with help programms KDZ or LG Mobile Update
    cannot install apx drivers for the life of me. Windows 8 fails due to The third party INF does not contain a digital signature

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

windows 8 will not let me install apx driers due to no digital signature ... any way to fix this?

There is a way you can reboot windows 8 in advanced menu where you can disable signature check for a one time boot (google it). Do that and install the drivers. It will work. I have done it on mine. Using 8.1 now

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Can you post the DLL for the G2X so we can use the LG Utilities to unpack KDZ files for this device please. So far we have been unable to get the proper DLL that enables us to unpack these files. If you unpacked the KDZ you must have the DLL unless you used another method to extract the files from the KDZ. Please elaborate on how you accomplished this. Both phburks and I have been working on this and so far we have had no success.

I'm confused as to what this is? I'm guessing stock rom flash through nv flash? Kind of like odin for samsung phones?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

It is for people that have mucked up their phones to the point where LG Updater and KDZ Flash are not possible. This can be caused by many issues including, but not limited to, people flashing the O2X baseband to a G2X device. This method is purported to flash the entire Gingerbread ROM at the lowest possible hardware level. Hopefully this method is legit, but nobody has confirmed they have done it yet with the exception of the OP. Yes it is similar to ODIN for the Samsung but operating at an even lower level. With the NVFlash capability Tegra2 devices are virtually unbrickable.
    I don't have experience with tegra 2... I can't get the computer to recognize the phone needs apx drivers. I have downloaded and extracted the zip. I remove battery and hold volume buttons, but nothing happens. Phone Is on 2.3.4. I keep coming back to the fact I need to manually install apx drivers... But isn't that what I do when I extract the zip from op?? Confused.... This tegra 2 is a whole new beast. Is there anyone who can help??

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

the device having a tegra 2 has nothing to do with installing the drivers for the phone.

first you need to go to lg.com and download the drivers from there
    http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LGP999

once that is installed, right click on My Computer and click Manage, then click Device Manager, then open the USB section

then once you have unzipped the NVFlash folder (no that does not install the driver) take the battery out and hold the two volume buttons down and plug your usb cable in. watch Device Manager to see if it detects your phone. it should, and if it prompts you for a driver, navigate to the APX folder where you unzipped the NVFlash folder and let it find the driver there.

once it is done you wont see anything on your phone until you start the flash process. also once your pc sees your phone you dont have to hold the volume buttons in anymore but leave it plugged in to usb (obviously)

go into the nvflash folder and run the oneclickrecoveryflasher.exe file. choose which recovery you want to flash and then you will see s/w update on your phone. when the flash is done (look at the cmd window on your PC) you can unplug your phone and put the battery back in and reboot it. hold the volume down button while you hold the power button until you see the second LG logo with the purple background and let go of both buttons. your phone should boot into CWM Recovery
    I'm confused as to what this is? I'm guessing stock rom flash through nv flash? Kind of like odin for samsung phones?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App