[Q] ICS on P1000 - HumberOS and AOKP - Issues Please Help!!

Search This thread

hariharan321

Apr 15, 2012
HI team,

I had the ICS installed using AOKP build 31. I had issues with the SD card not reading and majorly that i did not find the file explorer option on the phone. I kept searching for that option and could not find it anywhere. Later thought of downgrading to Humber OS's version on ICS. On bot the times i had it flashed with teh same Kernel from Humber OS. The second time i used Gapps thats little older hoping for file explorer. Once i installed the other ICS, the phone just hung and not responding at all.

Can somebody help? Do we call this bricking?

yappoe

Nov 23, 2011
WHere Does it freeze? on the GalaxyTab screen or on the Boot Animation Screen?
Have you done Factory Reset Wipe and Cache data wipe? The solution may be as simple as doing it on CWM.

Note:
For the File explorer, HumBerOS' ICS also does not have File Explorer. You need to install Root Explorer to access your External SDCard, under emmc,
or under mnt/emmc folder in root. All these are written in each respective threads, if your read carefully you should've found it before you decided to change from AOKP to HumberOS.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: hariharan321

hariharan321

Apr 15, 2012
Have you done Factory Reset Wipe and Cache data wipe? The solution may be as simple as doing it on CWM.

Note:
For the File explorer, HumBerOS' ICS also does not have File Explorer. You need to install Root Explorer to access your External SDCard, under emmc,
or under mnt/emmc folder in root. All these are written in each respective threads, if your read carefully you should've found it before you decided to change from AOKP to HumberOS.

Cheers.

Currently, the phone does not boot up at all. With the start button 'Samsung Galaxy tab' shows up and goes all dark on me. The lights on the soft touch comes up and dies off in some time. I am unable to get to recovery, but comes to the download screen. So i tried to use Odin to get back to overcome or stock but the PC does not recognize the phone anymore. I used Kies to get the drivers but im not sure of the battery level to run odin. Other problem is that im not sure if the batt is getting charged when plugged. So im stuck nowhere..

Does it sound like its bricked? Is there anything that i can do??

snowman74

May 10, 2011
Currently, the phone does not boot up at all. With the start button 'Samsung Galaxy tab' shows up and goes all dark on me. The lights on the soft touch comes up and dies off in some time. I am unable to get to recovery, but comes to the download screen. So i tried to use Odin to get back to overcome or stock but the PC does not recognize the phone anymore. I used Kies to get the drivers but im not sure of the battery level to run odin. Other problem is that im not sure if the batt is getting charged when plugged. So im stuck nowhere..

Here's what you should do to make sure that is charged leave it charging turned off for about 14 to 16 hours.
Then with odin flash stock.
Best of luck a couple of times mine did the same and I could recover like this.

Reactions: hariharan321

hariharan321

Apr 15, 2012
Thank you so much. Ill try doing that today. Ill leave it for charging overnight. Should i use the samfirmware stock or can i just use the GB STOCK SAFE V5 from Overcome experience?

But its great to know that it will be alright and you have brought it back to normal.:eek:

rock2702

Apr 12, 2012
Bangalore
I m on stock gb and want to install aokp ics on my tab.Do i need to flash the overcome gb stock safe file and then flash the overcome kernel or should i directly flash the kernel and then the overcome rom?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

snowman74

May 10, 2011
I m on stock gb and want to install aokp ics on my tab.Do i need to flash the overcome gb stock safe file and then flash the overcome kernel or should i directly flash the kernel and then the overcome rom?

Well if you want to go to overcome 4.10 you have to do just overcome kernel and then overcome Rom.

For AOKP ICS same thing but with the AOKP Rom.

Make sure that you are using a GTP1000 not P1000L/N.

You can run overcome and AOKP on those but you need diff kernels.

Best of luck.

hariharan321

Apr 15, 2012
Thanks a million, im back on overcome experience. I had the tab charged for the whole night,then went on with the procedure given at the overcome link. My tab woke up like a charm. Thank you so much for the assistance.

Now that i tasted a bit of ics just cant get over it. I would like to install aokp again. As per the forum i can load aokp with the kernel given at humeros site right. Can i try that? How will i get the file explorer once i have aokp installed? Aokp ics was a visual treat even though i managed to mess that up. Please help me on how to access my sd card when i flash aokp. Hiw to get my titanium back up run for restoring my apps? I did not find a market app also , can i just download it and run using apk file?

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
If you read aokp Sgt thread carefully
- the rom includes kernel for p1000
- you need to flash gapps to get Gmail and Google play
- external sdcard is now /mnt/emmc

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

rock2702

Apr 12, 2012
Bangalore
Well if you want to go to overcome 4.10 you have to do just overcome kernel and then overcome Rom.

Best of luck.

I directly wanna get aokp ics on my tab which is on stock gb.In the aokp dev post it is written that sm1 coming from a stock/rfs rom should first follow the overcome guide and then the other steps.

Does it mean that for getting aokp i have to first flash overcome and then follow the steps to get aokp on the tab?:confused:

As there is no cwm recovery for the tab,is it possible to flash aokp via odin when i m on stock gb rom?

rock2702

Apr 12, 2012
Bangalore
I finally was able to install aokp rom on my galaxy tab.:)
I wasn't able to find stock video player in this rom.Isn't it included?Also the app called galaxy tab settings force closes every time I open it.Is it a common problem?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

hariharan321

Apr 15, 2012
Oh god, aokp ics from is heavenly. I had it installed from overcome. The gapps trouble vanished with re flashing after first boot. Now all my Google apps are back. I have titanium back up fired up and I'm all set. Along with the camera fix, this is the best and I'm at cloud... wow wow... I'm all amazed this ice cream sandwich is so yummy.... :D

janjo2023

Apr 12, 2011
WIFI problem

hi guys
i have problem with wifi in AOKP.i have update the last kernel of humberos and i do anythink they told to do.But i cant connect to my wifi.
i test it without the simcard and it work perfectly but when i insert the simcard the wifi doesn't work anymore.

after that i test the wifi-hotspot and the hotspot work fine.

i wonder what is the problem!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best of luck.

Note:

Cheers.

Here's what you should do to make sure that is charged leave it charging turned off for about 14 to 16 hours.
    Then with odin flash stock.
    Best of luck a couple of times mine did the same and I could recover like this.