[MOD][UPDATE][5/20/12]26.13.04.19 Radio lib-ril/gps .so updater for CM7 based ROMs

Search This thread

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
Seeing as this doesn't work for ICS roms, is there a working solution for that yet?

It doesn't appear that there will be an official ICS release for the G2/DesireZ so I don't believe we'll have any new radios or rils to test. The only suggestion I have for now is to try testing all the radios that are currently available with the rils released with the ICS ROM you're running. Be sure to wipe EFS data after you change a radio or a ROM that has different rils than your previous setup.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
I have a desire Z to Spain. Can i install this radio and procedure lib?:confused:

Yes, the .19 radio works with both the G2 and DesireZ. The .19 matching rils were taken from the AOSP ROM that included that radio and work quite nicely with CM7. How the .19 radio works with your particular carrier in Spain compared to what you have now will be left up to your own personal experience. Post back your results if you go forward with the procedure.

magic_android

Jan 10, 2012
Melbourne
Well i just want to say, i did this for CM7.2 RC1 and it has given my phone some of the best battery life it has ever had. So thanks for the guide :).

ACHILLES R32

Dec 28, 2010
VA
Do you have to change the permissions to the new lib-ril files once you paste them. I compared the permissions on the new lib-ril files and they are --xrwxr-x (all 3 files) and all of the unchanged lib files have rw-r--r-- permissions.

thanks

Last edited:

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
Besides, 26.13.04.19, can you make the "lib ril os" files for the rest of the radios?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Went ahead and did this as well. Lets see how today and tommorow go.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Uf initial (less than 10 minutes) arent looking good....

SetCPU installed with off screen at 300mhz and on at 800mhz, it was at 100% a couple of minutes on screen off and it is already at 98%.....

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

All this on WiFi....

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
Besides, 26.13.04.19, can you make the "lib ril os" files for the rest of the radios?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Went ahead and did this as well. Lets see how today and tommorow go.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Uf initial (less than 10 minutes) arent looking good....

SetCPU installed with off screen at 300mhz and on at 800mhz, it was at 100% a couple of minutes on screen off and it is already at 98%.....

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

All this on WiFi....

You'll need to give it more time to see how it works out for you. After a few days and a few fresh battery charges you should see a nice improvement in battery life. It is not recommended to match the lib-ril files with CM7 and any of the other radios. You wouldn't see any improvements and would probably have some issues. Many of the other radios were released with Sense based ROMS.

Last edited:

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
You'll need to give it more time to see how it works out for you. After a few days and a few fresh battery charges you should see a nice improvement in battery life. It is not recommended to match the lib-ril files with CM7 and any of the other radios. You wouldn't see any improvements and would probably have some issues. Many of the other radios were released with Sense based ROMS.

Yes, I will indeed give it some days.

On a side/related note, what governor are you using? In case it makes a difference in battery life (not completely related to this....)

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

OK better news :) HSPA is way faster....very fast.

Nonetheless, I still see battery life suffering but let's give it some days.

goister

Jan 4, 2011
Is it possible to revert to my original radio version if things don't work out? If so, how?

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
Is it possible to revert to my original radio version if things don't work out? If so, how?

If you mean the rils and gps drivers you are currently using, just re-flash your current rom over again and you'll be back to original. You should wipe efs every time there's a ril change so do that too.

If you mean the original radio, you can find them all in the thread linked in the OP. Just make note of the radio you're running now before you upgrade.

goister

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks. Just followed the instructions and flashed the radio, ril and wiped efs. Let's see if there's a difference.

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
Other than way faster HSPA speeds, I dont notice anything out of the ordinary.

goister

Jan 4, 2011
Post back results here in the thread after a few days and several fresh battery charges along with what rom you are running.

GPS is not working at all. The GPS icon doesn't even appear in the status bar, and GPS Status shows nothing at all. I did a restore to my Nandroid backup of CM 7.10 and GPS starts working again.

Will flash to CM 7.20 RC2 and see if it's still working.

Edit: Just flashed to CM 7.20 RC2 and GPS appears to be working. I'm in a building so I can't really tell but at least the icon appears in the status bar, and I have 1 satellite in view. With the updated radio and ril I get zilch even when outdoors for half an hour.

Last edited:

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
A couple of days later and still nothing too remarkable.

Oh and for GPS, get the AGPS patch. It is truely amazing.

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
Confirming what I commented: I only have faster HSPA speeds. Nothing else. Battey life is the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FOR CM7 BASED ROMS

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I have done some research on flashing radio images and found some interesting information. Apparently there are 2 files that pertain to radios in the RUU releases, a radio.img and a rcdata.img. We all have been flashing only the radio.img file but the rcdata.img contains further carrier information that directly relates to information in the build.prop file. I have put together a new 26.13.04.19 radio zip file that contains both the radio.img and the rcdata.img. The .img files were taken directly from the latest T-Mobile RUU release. This new radio/rcdata zip needs to be flashed through bootloader just like you flashed a radio in the past. As usual, you''ll need to rename the zip file to PC10IMG.zip before you reboot into bootloader. Check the MD5 Sum after you download the file to your sdcard to make sure it matches the following:

MD5 Sum: 360EA26286DEC39FC8008B266F470839

DOWNLOAD VISION_RADIO_RCDATA_12.62.60.27_26.13.04.19.zip

MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?vdecstne5uuvuxn

With the release of the latest T-Mobile update a new radio was included with the promise of better battery life. The following is from the T-Mobile support website.

On October 17, T-Mobile G2 devices will begin to receive an Over-The-Air (OTA) update to Android 2.3.4 / Software Version 2.16.531.5. The update will roll out in waves over the coming weeks.

The update provides the following improvements.

Improvements:
    Google Security Patch
    Google Skymap improvements
    Battery life improvements
    Data connection while roaming domestically

After flashing the new radio taken from the OTA listed above I really didn't notice any real improvements in battery life. After about a week using the new radio I decided to try matching the lib-ril .so files that were included in the OTA with my current installation of CM7. Almost immediately I noticed an improvement in battery life, wifi and data switching and slightly better data speeds over 4G. I have been using the matching files now for about 10 days and can say that I am getting the best battery life from my G2 since I've had it. I've been flashing CM7 nightlies since just about day one along with flashing radios etc and this is a noticeable change. I asked 2 others here in the forums to give matching lib-rils a try to see if they could confirm. Ditamae and Sino8r, who are also running CM7, have reported back to me that they too have noticed performance improvements, most notably in battery life.

From Ditamae: "Things are still looking good over here. The improvements are slight, but noticeable."

From Sino8r: "Okay, seems all is well with new libs. They have shown some promise, imo. Better battery, signal handoffs, pretty much what all we hoped for."

ATTENTION: I am not responsible if you brick your phone or if it starts a fire in your apartment by using this workaround! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Procedure:

If you are not running the .19 radio, you can get it from the links above. If you need further flashing instructions get them from this thread.

Once you are running the .19 radio, download the updater and flash through recovery. This will update your radio ril and gps .so files.

Download Radio 26.13.04.19 Radio - ril and gps .so updater for CM7 based ROMShttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/17578272/CM7_26.13.04.19radio_ril_gps_so_updater.ziphttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/17578272/CM7_26.13.04.19radio_ril_gps_so_updater.ziphttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/17578272/CM7_26.13.04.19radio_ril_gps_so_updater.zip

MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?i0ibe4mrvuqyxua

While you are in recovery, wipe your cache and dalvick cache and wipe the efs partitions by flashing the Vision EFS partion wipe tool.

Download EFS Partition Wipe Tool

Reboot your device and you're good to go.

NOTE: At first boot, it might take a little longer than usual for you to connect to your local towers since you've wiped your radio data and the efs partitions need to be re-populated with the new data. This also means you'll need to be outside and wait several minutes for a new gps lock as the new data is obtained from the satellites.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button if this works out for you!
    The problem isn't with GPS Status, it's the proliferation of the borked gps.vision.so file. Once you have the correct one, there are no issues.
    Done as requested and will let you know my experience after a couple of days.
    Also, Ed and Ditamae are two of the best guys we have here in the G2 section. Please, listen to them. You can trust about 99% of what they say... The other 1% is for their comedic effect:D

That's right...this woman didn't listen to us and refused to update her rils. :eek:

cell-phone-explosion-o.gif

:p:D
    I have to say I am VERY surprised by the results. I did 3 speedtests before matching rils and 3 after. Results are about 2.5 to 3 times faster in downloads, and about twice in upload. It should be on the same server (according to Speedtest.net app), which makes this great. I will definitely include it in the next release, which at this point might be later today.

edit: a couple more tests brought the download speeds down a little, so it might have been a fluke before, but I still see improvements, just not as big. I will still include it in the ROM, thank you for pointing it out.

edit2: did the new radio roll out with a new gps.vision.so file too? It'd be nice to see if using the new lib gives improvements on gps too.