[Q] how to update Omnirom?

Search This thread

manckosy

Dec 27, 2013
Hi guys,
first of all i searched the internet , but i didnt found anything helpful to me. Secondly, im sorry for my bad english ;D

My Problem:
I´am with omnirom on my S3 (GT9300) for 3 days now. Yesterday it started to notify my about an software update. If i agree, it just reboot into TWRP... but at this point i have now idea how to continue.... do i have to install something from the sd card? Does someone got a guide for me?

How often do u guys update ur phones? I saw that there are quite a lot of updates... I preffer a few biggerupdates( but that doesnt really matter :D)

thanks for helping me ;D

AngryHapposai

Feb 16, 2012
Chilly-Mazarin
There is an issue with Opendelta, so that's why it just goes into recovery instead of applying the update.

While it gets fixed, you need to:
_ once in TWRP, click on Install
_ navigate to /sdcard/Opendelta
_ select the nightly ZIP file.
_ on the next screen, uncheck the zip verification box.
_ swipe to install the update.
_ click on wipe dalvik/cache
_ reboot system

Sent from my Find 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

AngryHapposai

Feb 16, 2012
Chilly-Mazarin
Update : The latest nightly is automaticaly installed by the update system, as long as the secure box is unchecked in the options menu.

AngryHapposai

Feb 16, 2012
Chilly-Mazarin
Checked with the latest nightly, and we're back to no automatic install of the update, no matter if secure mode is on or off...

Not sure of which version of TWRP Opendelta is expecting, but i'm using v2.6.3.0, which is the latest available for the Oppo find 5.

The reason for the install failing is always the same : zip signature verification.

AngryHapposai

Feb 16, 2012
Chilly-Mazarin
UPDATE:

I just Flashed TWRP v2.6.3.1 (just came out) for my Oppo find 5, checked secure mode = ON, checked for new update, tapped on install now, and...

Worked like a charm! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is an issue with Opendelta, so that's why it just goes into recovery instead of applying the update.

While it gets fixed, you need to:
    _ once in TWRP, click on Install
    _ navigate to /sdcard/Opendelta
    _ select the nightly ZIP file.
    _ on the next screen, uncheck the zip verification box.
    _ swipe to install the update.
    _ click on wipe dalvik/cache
    _ reboot system

Update : The latest nightly is automaticaly installed by the update system, as long as the secure box is unchecked in the options menu.

Secure should also be working at this point - if it doesn't, you're probably running an old version of TWRP that needs updating.