[Solved] Usb power consumption error on usb otg (root required)

Search This thread

dddeepdc

Apr 2, 2013
Guwahati
So I was having this power consumption error with my hp pendrives and ssd. Searched the net for a software solution but couldn't find any except the terminal emulator command method which didn't work for me. So I tried to improvise on the idea and finally succeeded. It's basically the same idea but in a different way.

Clarification- this method is to only override the power consumption error which prevents the mounting of the removable device. So the power consumption will be still there and the charge will be drained at a fast pace if used for long time. U can use the method for copy files between your phone and the pendrive or for viewing for a small time. Adequate charge is therefore highly recommended.

Method-
1.plug in the device into the otg cable and then the cable into the phone.
2.wait till the power consumption error message is displayed.
3.using a root explorer(e.g. es file explorer) go to the folder 'root>sys>bus>usb>devices>1-1'
4.open the file 'bConfigurationValue' with a text editor(es text editor in my case). It should be blank. Edit and put the value 1 and save the file.
5.Your device will now be mounted and the message will be displayed in the statusbar.
6.Your device is now explorable.

N.B.- In some cases instead of the power consumption error message, usb devices disabled message is shown. If it happens try unplugging and replugging till the power consumption error message is shown.

Disclaimer -
1.This method worked for me and so I shared. I wont be responsible for any damaged os or device.
2.I dont knw if anyone has shared the method before. Didnt find anywhere when I searched.

Device used- Xperia U on rooted ics. Should work for other related devices too.

Video tutorial - Search YouTube for 'How to solve Usb power consumption error on
usb otg (root required) [HD]'
(I will add the link once I m allowed to)
Thanks to SohaibAhmed for the video tutorial.

Credits- I got the idea from the terminal emulator command method. And I dont know who originally shared it. So thanks to him.

This is my first submission to xda. Plz be considerate about any mistakes. Thank you all.

Last edited:

ShoaibAhmed

Aug 3, 2013
Ahmedabad
@dddeepdc
I got this error , I can't mount 16 gb USB pen drive

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-28-21-05-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-28-21-05-00.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 14,754

dddeepdc

Apr 2, 2013
Guwahati
@dddeepdc

attachment.php

if this error is there everytime u plug in the device then it is because of a bad cable or usb storage. I use to get this when I plug in a sd card reader with a bad card or a pendrive formatted as ntfs. plz check whether the pendrive u plugged is mounted in a pc. or try after a reboot of the phone.

Reactions: ShoaibAhmed

ShoaibAhmed

Aug 3, 2013
Ahmedabad
if this error is there everytime u plug in the device then it is because of a bad cable or usb storage. I use to get this when I plug in a sd card reader with a bad card or a pendrive formatted as ntfs. plz check whether the pendrive u plugged is mounted in a pc. or try after a reboot of the phone.

Thanks it was NTFS that's why it wasn't detected . Now it's working.

bharathbondfire

Jul 23, 2013
bangalore
So I was having this power consumption error with my hp pendrives and ssd. Searched the net for a software solution but couldn't find any except the terminal emulator command method which didn't work for me. So I tried to improvise on the idea and finally succeeded. It's basically the same idea but in a different way.

Clarification- this method is to only override the power consumption error which prevents the mounting of the removable device. So the power consumption will be still there and the charge will be drained at a fast pace if used for long time. U can use the method for copy files between your phone and the pendrive or for viewing for a small time. Adequate charge is therefore highly recommended.

Method-
3.using a root explorer(e.g. es file explorer) go to the folder 'root>sys>bus>usb>devices>1-1'
4.open the file 'bConfigurationValue' with a text editor(es text editor in my case). It should be blank. Edit and put the value 1 and save the file.
5.Your device will now be mounted and the message will be displayed in the statusbar.

N.B.- In some cases instead of the power consumption error message, usb devices disabled message is shown. If it happens try unplugging and replugging till the power consumption error message is shown.

Disclaimer -
1.This method worked for me and so I shared. I wont be responsible for any damaged os or device.
2.I dont knw if anyone has shared the method before. Didnt find anywhere when I searched.

Credits- I got the idea from the terminal emulator command method. And I dont know who originally shared it. So thanks to him.

This is my first submission to xda. Plz be considerate about any mistakes. Thank you all.
Good it worked.

marcelobrandt

Apr 8, 2014
hey guys

i cant find 1-1 on my devices folder, only "usb1" and "1-0;1.0"

any thoughts? i have an xperia p running jellybean 4.1.2

Jan 31, 2014
Coimbatore
Just USB Y cable will do with OTG

Just USB Y cable will do with OTG

Xperia P - rooted only for Greenify

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-02-18-35-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-18-35-59.png
    254.9 KB · Views: 654

AdryanM40

Nov 19, 2014
Its work for me ( on Sony Xperia S ), but after i unmount and remove usb in first mount i got the same power consumption error message displayed .
Any solution ?
Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

hc2hunter

Jul 6, 2016
Faced with this problem who on Android 5.1? (Xperia Z1 etc.)
There is no specified folder... (((

Last edited:

terroblader

Oct 27, 2019
usb-otg does not recognize mouse, keyboard, usb, etc.

Hi, my cell phone is Lenovo K5 Pro.
everything works fine, but somehow it no longer recognizes external entities.

I went to twrp, I tried to fix the error but I get this error.
open

open

open

open

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Method-

Disclaimer -

Video tutorial - Search YouTube for 'How to solve Usb power consumption error on
    usb otg (root required) [HD]'
    (I will add the link once I m allowed to)
    Thanks to SohaibAhmed for the video tutorial.

thanks for the video tutorial . and about the draw back you pointed, I m sure it can be automated using tasker. I will try to make a tasker profile for it,if possible. And also I will add the link to the video once I am allowed to.(I haven't crossed the 10posts limit yet)
    @dddeepdc

attachment.php