[Q] moto x AT&T su binary not installed

Search This thread

aaron804

Sep 3, 2013
Getting "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it, This is a problem!"

I'm trying to root my AT&T moto x. been following this threadL http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603358.

I was able to root it once, but when I got to step 5 my phone lost root somehow. And when I try to re root, at step 3 which links to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509590 "RockMyMoto" I get this in telnet:

~ $ dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto
RockMyMoto 1.0
by Justin Case
PayPal Donations maybe sent to: jcase@cunninglogic.com
Special thanks to saurik, you rock!

System is not write protected...
Executing step 3...
"

Correct me if i'm wrong, but su is not getting installed.

Please help. Sorry if this is hard to read / understand.

aaron804

Sep 3, 2013
Getting "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it, This is a problem!"

I'm trying to root my AT&T moto x. been following this threadL http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603358.

I was able to root it once, but when I got to step 5 my phone lost root somehow. And when I try to re root, at step 3 which links to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509590 "RockMyMoto" I get this in telnet:

~ $ dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto
RockMyMoto 1.0
by Justin Case
PayPal Donations maybe sent to: jcase@cunninglogic.com
Special thanks to saurik, you rock!

System is not write protected...
Executing step 3...
"

Correct me if i'm wrong, but su is not getting installed.

Please help. Sorry if this is hard to read / understand.

I've gone as far as to flash the att firmware ATT_XT1058_4.2.2-13.9.0Q2.X-116-x-17-54_CFC_1FF.xml.zip. But I still cannot get through the RockMyMoto. Same error, and ultimately "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it, This is a problem!"

Please help. Thank you

aaron804

Sep 3, 2013

erecker

Jul 4, 2014
FIXED - System is not write protected...Executing step 3...

I am on Republic Wireless on MotoX. I was on 4.2.2, rooted with rockmymoto 1.0, used Tmobile XT1053 Safestrap to get recovery, and did the MotoWpNoMo wp fix. I updated to 4.4.2.
I got my Google Services all messed up and had to wipe, so I had to run a full recovery to 4.2.2.
After recovering to 4.2.2 and confirming all is good, I tried to root again, but rockmymoto got stuck saying System is not write protected...Executing step 3...
I then tried both slapmymoto and pwnmymoto and neither worked. :(

I decompiled rockmymoto and changed the line where it checks if you're write protected, inverted the logic.

I ran the modified rockmymoto-ef 3 times until it was stuck again saying:
Improper su installation detected, allowing re-install...
System is write protected...
Executing step 2...
After reboot, please re-run RockMyMoto...
Rebooting now...

After the 3rd reboot of the above, I pushed the original jcase RockMyMoto, launched Impactor, and ran RockMyMoto.
It was successful!
I installed supersu from the app store, and I'm now good to go again.
I updated to 4.4.2 (retaining 4.2.2 safestrap recovery), sideloaded supersu, and am now happy on 4.4.2 root with write-protect off.

Props to all those who came before me, I didn't do anything but change a 1 to a 0. This definitely helped me so happy to pay it forward!

Attachment rockmymoto-erecker.jar - Rename to rockmymoto.jar before pushing (not sure if this step is necessary?).
Run original rockmymoto a few times until it's confirmed stuck skipping straight to "Executing step 3".
Rename rockmymoto-erecker.jar to rockmymoto.jar, push it and run as normal a few times until it's confirmed stuck skipping straight to "Executing step 2" and rebooting.
Push the ORIGINAL rockmymoto.jar back to the phone, and run it. It shouldn't reboot, and you should now be able to download supersu and install from the play store.
MD5: a28625ed65987fe38a48d44f1b7c0003

Attachments

• rockmymoto-erecker.jar
    3.1 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: iegubkin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIXED - System is not write protected...Executing step 3...

I am on Republic Wireless on MotoX. I was on 4.2.2, rooted with rockmymoto 1.0, used Tmobile XT1053 Safestrap to get recovery, and did the MotoWpNoMo wp fix. I updated to 4.4.2.
    I got my Google Services all messed up and had to wipe, so I had to run a full recovery to 4.2.2.
    After recovering to 4.2.2 and confirming all is good, I tried to root again, but rockmymoto got stuck saying System is not write protected...Executing step 3...
    I then tried both slapmymoto and pwnmymoto and neither worked. :(

I decompiled rockmymoto and changed the line where it checks if you're write protected, inverted the logic.

I ran the modified rockmymoto-ef 3 times until it was stuck again saying:
    Improper su installation detected, allowing re-install...
    System is write protected...
    Executing step 2...
    After reboot, please re-run RockMyMoto...
    Rebooting now...

After the 3rd reboot of the above, I pushed the original jcase RockMyMoto, launched Impactor, and ran RockMyMoto.
    It was successful!
    I installed supersu from the app store, and I'm now good to go again.
    I updated to 4.4.2 (retaining 4.2.2 safestrap recovery), sideloaded supersu, and am now happy on 4.4.2 root with write-protect off.

Props to all those who came before me, I didn't do anything but change a 1 to a 0. This definitely helped me so happy to pay it forward!

Attachment rockmymoto-erecker.jar - Rename to rockmymoto.jar before pushing (not sure if this step is necessary?).
    Run original rockmymoto a few times until it's confirmed stuck skipping straight to "Executing step 3".
    Rename rockmymoto-erecker.jar to rockmymoto.jar, push it and run as normal a few times until it's confirmed stuck skipping straight to "Executing step 2" and rebooting.
    Push the ORIGINAL rockmymoto.jar back to the phone, and run it. It shouldn't reboot, and you should now be able to download supersu and install from the play store.
    MD5: a28625ed65987fe38a48d44f1b7c0003