Themeing Velvet.apk Nothing working, help please!

Search This thread

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
So I've been trying to theme the stock kitkat launcher. Really the only thing that I am trying to accomplish is themeing the all apps button....the little grey circular button with the six white dots that opens up the app drawer. At first I created a flashable zip with zip themer which had no affect whatsoever. I even had the zip file double checked and looked over by Mathew (OP of Candy mod zip themer thread). So then I said screw it I'll just decompile, swap png's, recompile, push to phone, fix permissions and reboot like I use to do back in my G2X days. So I did all of that, everything decompiled and recompiled just fine. Pushed the app to system/priv-app and fixed permissions and rebooted. NOTHING. I even double checked my modified apk by decompiling it and making sure my images were there.....which they were. I have NO idea where the phone is pulling the stock all_apps button from since I deleted all the stock icons and swapped them with my own which were all to size.

I don't understand why my mods aren't working, because the XML file in drawable called all_apps_button_icon.xml says this:

<item android:state_focused="true" android:drawable="@drawable/ic_allapps_pressed" />
<item android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/ic_allapps_pressed" />
<item android:drawable="@drawable/ic_allapps" />
</selector>

So it SAYS it's pulling the icon from drawable.....but all the icons in drawable were swapped with MY MODDED ICONS. Yet upon instillation of my modded velvet.apk, it still has the stock all apps button.....any ideas are GREATLY appreciated =)

Last edited:

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You sir are awesome. Another user told me about the update but failed to mention the relocation of where the phone was drawing the images from. I'm sure it will work now. Thanks again!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

Reactions: aooga

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Lol its all good man. I'm still learning my way around android.

Just to let you know, Zipthemer is having issues with kitkat. I have a thread in the N4 forums with a bunch of signal icon mods and haven't been getting any consistent results with 4.4. 4.3 and below worked great though.

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yeah I figured so. I got this mod working but zip themer wouldn't do it. Had to go about it the old fashioned way and decompile, recompile, push and fix permissions. Kinda sucks because I was just really getting the hang of building zips with zip themer...now a lot of the stuff I try just isn't working. Hopefully the app gets a serious update soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bump. Nobody?

It's because the google search app got updated and now is in data/app. Try editing that one instead of the one in priv-app.
    You sir are awesome. Another user told me about the update but failed to mention the relocation of where the phone was drawing the images from. I'm sure it will work now. Thanks again!!!

My bad. I assumed you knew where google play store updates were. :(
    Lol its all good man. I'm still learning my way around android.