[Q] RUU 4.08.605.2 Update Problems

Search This thread

Evhoch

Feb 21, 2014
I have a virgin HTC Incredible that I was hoping to unlock and root. Never been touched before. Following the guide on HTCdev, to unlock my bootloader, I need to update to 4.08.605.2 from 4.08.605.19 that I'm on now. I downloaded the RUU and HTC Sync to get the drivers. Everytime I run the RUU, it will run through the program like normal, but the update won't work. The program says that it was successful, and the phone reboots, but it has not updated or even been reset. The program runs through this cycle in about 30 seconds. I have searched all over the threads for this but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Hopefully someone has a solution. :confused:

Thanks,
Evhoch

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
I have a virgin HTC Incredible that I was hoping to unlock and root. Never been touched before. Following the guide on HTCdev, to unlock my bootloader, I need to update to 4.08.605.2 from 4.08.605.19 that I'm on now. I downloaded the RUU and HTC Sync to get the drivers. Everytime I run the RUU, it will run through the program like normal, but the update won't work. The program says that it was successful, and the phone reboots, but it has not updated or even been reset. The program runs through this cycle in about 30 seconds. I have searched all over the threads for this but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Hopefully someone has a solution. :confused:

Thanks,
Evhoch

Have you tried just unlocking via HTCdev and not worrying about your firmware version? As long as HBOOT is 1.02 or newer it should work. 4.08.605.2 is older than 4.08.605.19 so it's normal that a locked stock phone will not downgrade.

Evhoch

Feb 21, 2014
Have you tried just unlocking via HTCdev and not worrying about your firmware version? As long as HBOOT is 1.02 or newer it should work. 4.08.605.2 is older than 4.08.605.19 so it's normal that a locked stock phone will not downgrade.

Nope I haven't. 4.08.605.19 is newer? It went down in numbers? My HBOOT is 1.02 so I will definitely try this tonight. On the HTCdev site it says to use the .2 or newer so you can see how I would assume .19 is a version older. Thanks for your help.

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
Nope I haven't. 4.08.605.19 is newer? It went down in numbers? On the HTCdev site it says to use the .2 or newer so you can see how I would assume .19 is a version older.

Not really. What you're probably not getting is that those aren't the only two versions. And...

19 > 2