HD2 will have Windows Phone 7 Series OS

Search This thread

Jack E

Nov 30, 2009
Warwick
I hate to break it to you guys but i very much doubt that they would have gone to all the trouble covering up the HD2 if they were going to release it for the HD2, it is almost definitely a prop :(

RustyGrom

Apr 18, 2006
Orlando
Clearly not a HD2

wp7mockup.jpg

freyberry

Dec 27, 2009
Guys... you don't get it... there are two different phones there, one IS the HD2, the other one is that prototype.

Yes, the HD2 is in that video. But no, at no point is it shown running WP7.

bigx86

Sep 3, 2008
Even thou its an HD2 it doesnt mean a ****. So what if Microsoft is using the HD2 for WinPhone 7 commercial? They used the hell out of the Touch Diamond to promote WM 6.5 but we never saw it coming officially.

And porting, how do you guys know its as "easy" as before. Cab files and roms:s?

fallenczar

Jul 22, 2006
Singapore
Even thou its an HD2 it doesnt mean a ****. So what if Microsoft is using the HD2 for WinPhone 7 commercial? They used the hell out of the Touch Diamond to promote WM 6.5 but we never saw it coming officially.

And porting, how do you guys know its as "easy" as before. Cab files and roms:s?

First Sensible Comment in this thread.

Reihnold

Jan 21, 2010
And hypothetically: IF there is a prototype that runs Windows Phone 7 and looks like the HD2, it does not mean that it shares the same internal hardware. HTC might provide a prototype based on the HD2 with different hardware specifications (faster/other CPU, different graphics processor, more internal storage, ...).

However, I think the best explanation is that Microsoft uses the HD2 in a commercial without it running Windows Phone 7.