[Q] Is there a way to boot up my Sony Xperia Tipo in recovery mode?

Search This thread

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol
My xperia tipo smartphone won't boot up . I think this has to do with the build.prop file which is in the system directory. In an attempt to make my phone run Modern Combat 2, I downloaded a custom build.prop file from here and replaced it with the original one (I made a backup first in the sd card directory). Then I tried to reboot my phone, but now it won't boot . It only shows me the sony logo and stays there. Even after waiting an hour, still nothing. I've tried many ways to boot my xperia tipo in recovery mode, like holding down power button and Vol Up, or by pressing the screen repeatendly after the sony logo appears and MANY MORE, but no luck. I'M SO PISSED WITH MYSELF! Can anyone help?

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol
WORKED!

Thanks a lot guys, I reflashed my firmware with flashtool and it worked :)
BTW, I aslo had a live chat with a SONY programmer and he told me that there was no fix :p

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol
Well, now I got another problem!

Sony phones do not have stock recovery, so unless you had installed cwm you don't have any recovery

Sent from my ST27i

I installed cm10 in my Sony Xperia Tipo, done everything correctly, but now I can't boot up my phone, and I can't go to fastboot mode to flash the default firmware. When I try to boot up, sometimes it does nothing, and sometimes it vibrates, but still nothing Any solution?

ShivangDave

Dec 21, 2012
Ahmedabad
I installed cm10 in my Sony Xperia Tipo, done everything correctly, but now I can't boot up my phone, and I can't go to fastboot mode to flash the default firmware. When I try to boot up, sometimes it does nothing, and sometimes it vibrates, but still nothing Any solution?

Remove battery from the device for 10-15 mins... Than put it in and directly put it in flashboot mode... Dont try to turn it on... Than you'll be able to reflash...

Sent from my ST23i using xda app-developers app

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol

Oh and that instructions website I found was the first thing that showed up in google after searching for "xperia tipo cm10". I didn't know there was a newer build, I supposed that was the newest one -.-

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol
I'll help :D

I am not able to flash any recovery on my Tipo dual.
I tried recoverx .. it failed too..
not able to flash the CWM recovery too..
please help me with this :)

THIS THREAD IS SO OLD! I WAS A NEWBIE AT ANDROID PHONES BACK THEN. NOW PRO :)

When you flash recovery with recoverx, you can't boot up into recovery when in stock kernel. So flash a kernel (i use vegeance) through flashtool, and when u boot up your phone, when the led light turns pink, press vol up/down a few times.
There you go!

Last edited:

harshahm

Dec 17, 2011
THIS THREAD IS SO OLD! I WAS A NEWBIE AT ANDROID PHONES BACK THEN. NOW PRO :)

When you flash recovery with recoverx, you can't boot up into recovery when in stock kernel. So flash a kernel (i use vegeance) through flashtool, and when u boot up your phone, when the led light turns pink, press vol up/down a few times.
There you go!

How will i get to know that the bootloader is unlocked?

I did everything as shown on the official website.

And the flashtool..do you have any details on how to use it ?

:rolleyes:

harshahm

Dec 17, 2011

My GSM Sim Card is not working in India.
Do you have any clue about this bug?

I have flashed Fusion Z on CM 10.
No sim card is working.

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol
I Tried But it is not working for me..Dynamic sin failed error..plss tell me what to do:crying:

Um, have you tried holding up the volume button and plugging in ur phone to the pc? If you do it correctly, a blue light will appear at the top right of the phone. Then download the desired firmware, and flash it using flashtool. If you have problems ask me, I'll be happy to help :D

|>/\nte

If you have an xperia smartphone, you can go on "phone" and type *#*#7378423#*#*. A service menu will come up if you typed it right. Then go to "service info" > "customization" and then search for "bootloader unlock allowed". If that says yes, you can unlock it. If it says no or it doesn't exist, then you can't do it.