Unable to root chromecast

Search This thread

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga
Dear fellow members, I followed the rooting Directions to the letter, and for some reason everytime I try to flash the chromecast root rom , the chrome cast lights up red and stays red and then when I take the flash drive off the cable and put it back on to the computer in order to finish the last part of the rooting process, the flash drive does not say flashcast , it says( removable disk E ) and will not let me paste the last part of the rom and will not open . I keep getting a disk needs to be formatted message. I reformatted this flash drive like 4 times and tried to flash this rom and it wont work , what do you think is wrong ? also I have never connected it to the internet or let it update. thank you in advance

Kyonz

Jun 7, 2010
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi Wilspeak,

Just in case you don't see my post in the Eureka-ROM thread in reply to you.

Really sorry to be the bearer of bad news however the Chromecast you have purchased is not within the Rootable Serial Number range and therefore cannot be rooted at this time (as it comes from factory with a software version with no currently known exploit)

Unfortunately the highest serial numbers we are aware of working for rooting are 3922xxx and as such your 3Axx will not work. (this has been confirmed by XDA users @mrdelriego and @pandacookie)

My condolences,
Kyonz

Richieboy67

Dec 10, 2011
CT
www.talkdevelopment.net
I feel your pain man. I was planning on rooting mine but I stupidly plugged it in first and it updated.

I wanted be able to change the dns to be able to grab content from other countries without having to go through checking my router.

Bummety

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga
I want to know if the Team would try to develop a root method for the chromecast's that cant be rooted at this time ?

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga
Hi Wilspeak,

Just in case you don't see my post in the Eureka-ROM thread in reply to you.

Really sorry to be the bearer of bad news however the Chromecast you have purchased is not within the Rootable Serial Number range and therefore cannot be rooted at this time (as it comes from factory with a software version with no currently known exploit)

Unfortunately the highest serial numbers we are aware of working for rooting are 3922xxx and as such your 3Axx will not work. (this has been confirmed by XDA users @mrdelriego and @pandacookie)

My condolences,
Kyonz
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

MORE INFO >
I want to know if the Team would try to develop a root method for the chromecast's that cant be rooted at this time ? Thank you