Request for V500 boot image

Search This thread

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
Howdy all,

I have downloaded the kernel source for the v500 tablet (lg gpad 8.3), and would like very much for somebody to copy their boot file and send me the boot.emmc.win file. (or it may be a boot.img).

I need the boot.emmc.win file for the ramdisk it contains.

I currently have a kernel with working Gamma correction for the Google Play Edition V510 Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2647119

And, I was hoping to do the same for the V500 edition. I am willing to see what changes I can make that would be benificial for people, like better battery life, gamma control, smoother scrolling, etc . . .

Feel free to post one here, or private message me and I will give you my email address.

Thank you, sleekmason

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
While we haven't exactly seen eye to eye on some things I would be glad too help. Would I be able to provide this from a twrp backup? How can I get it to you?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
So, Check this out; The module I enable in the 510 to get gamma control is "Interface to calibrate LCD color temperature" which is the same one in the 510 that I have enabled to get gamma control on there.

AND it is already enabled in the 500 kernel. this is odd given people say they can't change it. Has anybody tried using trickster mod to change the settings?

There is one other interesting point to this story in that, the lg 500 kernel also has a setting that the 510 doesn't have that is right below the interface setting called "Interface to calibrate LCD color temperature by QLUT" which is also enabled by default in the 500 kernel.

I unfortunately do not currently own the 500 so it will be impossible to test different settings until I get it right.

If somebody with a 500 is using a linux computer (preferably using Debian Wheezy), they can easily follow the guide I wrote to "roll your own kernel" in my signature to compile and test for the 500. The info you would need for the "Anykernel" script to put it back on the 500 device should be present in the ramdisk . . . ?

Sorry I can't do more folks. Without the device it would be silly to post a recompiled kernel I am not certain about. I had hoped that the settings for the 500 would be close enough to simply duplicate, as it is a LGE patch, but no go.

Best regards, Sleekmason

Reactions: muiriddin

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I installed trickster mod. It allows changing of color saturation but don't see a gamma control.

Rolling my own kernel is a bit beyond me.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Howdy all,

I have downloaded the kernel source for the v500 tablet (lg gpad 8.3), and would like very much for somebody to copy their boot file and send me the boot.emmc.win file. (or it may be a boot.img).

I need the boot.emmc.win file for the ramdisk it contains.

I currently have a kernel with working Gamma correction for the Google Play Edition V510 Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2647119

And, I was hoping to do the same for the V500 edition. I am willing to see what changes I can make that would be benificial for people, like better battery life, gamma control, smoother scrolling, etc . . .

Feel free to post one here, or private message me and I will give you my email address.

Thank you, sleekmason
    So, Check this out; The module I enable in the 510 to get gamma control is "Interface to calibrate LCD color temperature" which is the same one in the 510 that I have enabled to get gamma control on there.

AND it is already enabled in the 500 kernel. this is odd given people say they can't change it. Has anybody tried using trickster mod to change the settings?

There is one other interesting point to this story in that, the lg 500 kernel also has a setting that the 510 doesn't have that is right below the interface setting called "Interface to calibrate LCD color temperature by QLUT" which is also enabled by default in the 500 kernel.

I unfortunately do not currently own the 500 so it will be impossible to test different settings until I get it right.

If somebody with a 500 is using a linux computer (preferably using Debian Wheezy), they can easily follow the guide I wrote to "roll your own kernel" in my signature to compile and test for the 500. The info you would need for the "Anykernel" script to put it back on the 500 device should be present in the ramdisk . . . ?

Sorry I can't do more folks. Without the device it would be silly to post a recompiled kernel I am not certain about. I had hoped that the settings for the 500 would be close enough to simply duplicate, as it is a LGE patch, but no go.

Best regards, Sleekmason