Modified battery cover with kickstand

Search This thread

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
This is my second kick stand mod. I wish I could find accesories like this so I didn't have to mod one. Below is my first mod with and after market sview cover with kickstand before I could find them anywhere. The link below it is the closest I could find thats similar that's affordable that does not cover the chrome sides. If you dont have a screen protector I wouldnt recommend using any sview type cover as there is a slight chance dust or dirt can get in between and scratch your screen. Happened to me even though the s view cover was felt material inside. So I now have a tempered glass on my phone.

Sview with kickstand mod
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2581200

Ebay one
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251390505761

Seidio (covers the side) and another ebay seller makes (cant find link) but they're over $25.

For everyday use I found the sview cover a PITA to have to open and close the sview to make calls, text, check email, take picture (regular mode). So I only use it when I need extra protection on the screen. So I've been using the stock OEM battery cover but I missed the kickstand and I've been looking for a non slippery battery cover with kickstand on ebay but I cant find one yet. I use skinomi skin so I can't use one that covers the sides. So I just made one for now till someone comes out with one.

Bought this on ebay for my gf but came damaged so I used the kickstand from it
6emany3u.jpg

Cut out the frame around the kickstand with a dremmel and shaped it. Also made it thinner so I didnt stick out so much after I glued it to the back cover. I dremmeled from the bottom and just enough so the kickstand pins are still in their slot.
5u5usede.jpg

On the battery cover I cut a rectangular hole the size of the kick stand. The kickstand comes off so I just taped it on the back and traced it so i cut the exact size. Also made notches on one side of the cut so the kickstand pins have a pivoting point.
a5a4y3y8.jpg

Then I just glued it to the back. It still a little thick so I may shave it down some more. But so far it's holding up pretty good.

qy9yduzu.jpg

nytubamy.jpg

8a3ege6y.jpg

This could either be good or bad. It kinda angles the phone up a little so its not so flat but very minimal. I kinda like it since it's angled more towards me in portrait.

yba9ysej.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
My 3rd battery cover mod but with an aftermerket fake leather one. This one is thicker so the kickstand doesnt stick out. The only thing I don't like is that it's not as grippy as OEM. But it's a lot more durable with the kickstand than the OEM mod.

9y8y4a3u.jpg

gyvytase.jpg

ameqe4us.jpg

pagune3y.jpg

jeze8e7e.jpg

Angle cut so when you pull the stand the base won't ever pop out just to be on the safe side after you glue it.
jare7u6a.jpg

Once glued and completely dry (give it at least 12 hours or buy a glue accelator from a hobby store to speed drying in seconds), dremmel off the excess but just enuff to make the cover more flat and that you don't dremmel off the Kickstand pins support at the hinge side.
ubase6yq.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty cool! I rarely ever used the kickstand on any of my Evo's though.
Where did you purchase the 3rd party battery cover? I'm looking for a new one, but most I've seen are thicker than the OEM cover. The one you found looks pretty nice. Hopefully the seller of yours also offers them in white

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Thanks for the comment guys. But Ya if they just made something like this I wouldn't have mod one. Stanglifemike let me get the eBay link. They come in white. It is still thicker by about 1mm.

Here you go. It took like 2 weeks and half though til I received it.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=36082636422

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Update:

Since I liked the gripiness of OEM and the slight thickness of the aftermarket one allows me to have a flushed kickstand. I decided to combine both.

Peeled off the fake leather on my modified aftermarket
e9ebady7.jpg

Used the removed fake leather to trace the hole I needed to cut in the OEM. After that I shaved off the extra tabs and lines from OEM (left) and trimmed the sides so it fits on the aftermarket. Shaved a little bit off the back of the aftermarket market so it the OEM sits more flush
6e7ymezy.jpg

u5enuvym.jpg

Glued them together
7u6uhe8y.jpg

y4u3u8aj.jpg

Its (left) about 1mm thicker than stock (right). So I'm pretty happy with the result.
asy7ypus.jpg

uretetad.jpg

3u7unu4e.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my second kick stand mod. I wish I could find accesories like this so I didn't have to mod one. Below is my first mod with and after market sview cover with kickstand before I could find them anywhere. The link below it is the closest I could find thats similar that's affordable that does not cover the chrome sides. If you dont have a screen protector I wouldnt recommend using any sview type cover as there is a slight chance dust or dirt can get in between and scratch your screen. Happened to me even though the s view cover was felt material inside. So I now have a tempered glass on my phone.

Sview with kickstand mod
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2581200

Ebay one
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251390505761

Seidio (covers the side) and another ebay seller makes (cant find link) but they're over $25.

For everyday use I found the sview cover a PITA to have to open and close the sview to make calls, text, check email, take picture (regular mode). So I only use it when I need extra protection on the screen. So I've been using the stock OEM battery cover but I missed the kickstand and I've been looking for a non slippery battery cover with kickstand on ebay but I cant find one yet. I use skinomi skin so I can't use one that covers the sides. So I just made one for now till someone comes out with one.

Bought this on ebay for my gf but came damaged so I used the kickstand from it
    6emany3u.jpg

Cut out the frame around the kickstand with a dremmel and shaped it. Also made it thinner so I didnt stick out so much after I glued it to the back cover. I dremmeled from the bottom and just enough so the kickstand pins are still in their slot.
    5u5usede.jpg

On the battery cover I cut a rectangular hole the size of the kick stand. The kickstand comes off so I just taped it on the back and traced it so i cut the exact size. Also made notches on one side of the cut so the kickstand pins have a pivoting point.
    a5a4y3y8.jpg

Then I just glued it to the back. It still a little thick so I may shave it down some more. But so far it's holding up pretty good.

qy9yduzu.jpg

nytubamy.jpg

8a3ege6y.jpg

This could either be good or bad. It kinda angles the phone up a little so its not so flat but very minimal. I kinda like it since it's angled more towards me in portrait.

yba9ysej.jpg

Update:

Since I liked the gripiness of OEM and the slight thickness of the aftermarket one allows me to have a flushed kickstand. I decided to combine both.

Peeled off the fake leather on my modified aftermarket
    e9ebady7.jpg

Used the removed fake leather to trace the hole I needed to cut in the OEM. After that I shaved off the extra tabs and lines from OEM (left) and trimmed the sides so it fits on the aftermarket. Shaved a little bit off the back of the aftermarket market so it the OEM sits more flush
    6e7ymezy.jpg

u5enuvym.jpg

Glued them together
    7u6uhe8y.jpg

y4u3u8aj.jpg

Its (left) about 1mm thicker than stock (right). So I'm pretty happy with the result.
    asy7ypus.jpg

uretetad.jpg

3u7unu4e.jpg