[Q] Any other great uses for the S-Pen?

Search This thread

Mr Itch

Mar 4, 2012
Hi all,

First off, I love my Note. Its absolutely fantastic - the screen, the screen/device size ratio, the thinness, the performance, the camera. For me this is the best phone on the market today. I also love the S-Pen and the feeling of writing on the screen.....but I have no apparent use for it? It appears that I bought the phone for all its other features apart from its unique selling point.....

For texting, emails, tasks - they keyboard with swiftkey is miles faster - especially as the size of the device allows two-thumbed fast typing.
Maybe for jotting down phone numbers, etc if I'm on a call but if I'm on the phone I cant really use it (dont want to do speaker) and I'll ask the other person to send an email or text with details.
Diagrams may be a use but usually if I'm sitting down to do diagrams for someone I'll grab a piece of A4 (and take a picture of it afterwards).
I dont attend lectures or conferences at the moment so I dont need it for fast scrawling in those scenarios.
I dont do art on the phone.

The only thing I cant think of is possibly meeting notes.

It just seems a bit of a waste - its a great feature but looking for a application.

Anyone else feel this or have any any other uses I could possibly make use of? I'm not particularly worried about not using the S-Pen but would like to find a useful application for it is poss.

Cheers.

Games.

I particularly find Fruit Ninja to work better with a pen, just like hidden object games, builder games, match 3 games and other such. Anything that requires you to see the full expanse of the screen without your fingers/hand getting in the way, really.

Also, it makes it easier to keep your screen clean, like whn you want to watch a full-HD film without getting fingerprints on the screen. (or during lunch.)

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I used to have small pieces of paper with notes, like shopping list, things to do, phone #, deadlines, notes from the meetings etc. No more of that, I still forget sometimes I have phone to take notes, but slowly getting used to it. Also I hate typing, especially on the phone, so I'm not good at it and always hit the wrong keys with my fingers, so actually I prefer typing with the pen (very minimal, like website name or search, I don't do texting) and my kids love drawing sketches on it. I think my next phone will have to have s-pen.

Mr Itch

Mar 4, 2012
Thanks for the ideas guys. Didnt think about games or, in fact, using the S-Pen as the main navigation tool. I guess it would be a lot more precise and if I get used to *always* getting it out to use the phone maybe I'll find more uses for it.