[Q] LG LS980 big problem - bricked? D801 firmware

Search This thread

fimfadimpa

Oct 31, 2009
Hi,
I have a big problem with LG G2 from Sprint (LS 980). I've bought on eBay for using in Europe. When I bought it, one of very few optionw to use it for GSM carriers was flashing Justin's ROM - it is stock T-Mobile ROM modified for Spint G2. Everything worked well except NFC.

After some time new (and permament) method for unlocking Sprint G2 arrived, so I wanted to do it that way. I've made factory reset on my LS980 (with D801 T-Mobile ROM from Justin), but I didn't know, that I had to go to recovery (Vol - plus Power) for wull wipe and didn't do that. My phone is now in bootloop (T-Mobile animation goes still around :() and phone doesn't boot up. I don't know how to get it back to stock.

What works:
Download Mode (Vol + and Power), Unknown Mode (All three keys together) - there are options ON, OFF and Cancel (Answer Call and something with alarm)

What doesn't works:
Fastboot, recovery, boot

I've tried to get into recovery many times, but with no luck. I've also followed many instructions how to get it back to stock. As the main manual I took this topic:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448960

Sure that with Sprint LS980 flash files.

It is basically same as this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Everything went pretty well until flashing part. LG Flash Tools don't want to flash my phone because of model number mismatch :(...I have LS980, but it thinks that I have D801 (T-Mobile version).

It there anyway from this mess?

Thanks for every suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stunningkun

maxkanick

Oct 11, 2013
And i have some ides
You may use dll from other kdz and flash with your tot file
If you have luck will be ok
If is not i may say it is about you:D:D

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

fimfadimpa

Oct 31, 2009
And if I don't have luck, I will completely brick my phone :D

From which KDZ file should I obtain .dll file? Sprint version doesn't use KDZ files :D...and using .dll file from KDZ for other version is not a good idea I think...

Last edited:

stillblaze01

Feb 23, 2011
Dallas,Tx
dont give up

And if I don't have luck, I will completely brick my phone :D

From which KDZ file should I obtain .dll file? Sprint version doesn't use KDZ files :D...and using .dll file from KDZ for other version is not a good idea I think...

That happened to me the whole bootloop thing .just keep trying to get into recoveryit took me a couple of days of messing with it and then It fanally went in flashed another rom and I am up and running. good luck

maxkanick

Oct 11, 2013
I have reshearch and found dll from kdz is a free dll and i found your model number LS980 on My d802 kdz dll

First you should try reset by your recovery mode

If no luck and try using dll frm VS980 kdz first or use dll from d802 kdz

And if you have vs980 kdz dll please send it to me
i will check your model number on it

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

You can fount vs980 kdz here

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G2/Stock/Verizon/KDZ+Method/

fimfadimpa

Oct 31, 2009
:D...dude. I have LS980 model and D801 ROM in it...So T-Mobile software (modified) in Sprint LG G2. Not D802, which is international, or VS980, which is for Verizon.

And I'm not able to get into recovery, I've tried it maybe 1000 times :D

I'm also pretty sure, that information about correct and same .dll and TOT or KDZ files written in "Back to stock" topics is written there for very good reasons :)

maxkanick

Oct 11, 2013
:D...dude. I have LS980 model and D801 ROM in it...So T-Mobile software (modified) in Sprint LG G2. Not D802, which is international, or VS980, which is for Verizon.

And I'm not able to get into recovery, I've tried it maybe 1000 times :D

I'm also pretty sure, that information about correct and same .dll and TOT or KDZ files written in "Back to stock" topics is written there for very good reasons :)

You have luck
To day I can flash lg D820( N5 ) tot firmware in to my LG D802 using my dll from d802 kdz format
It is a free dll
Try to flash your lS980 tot with d802 kdz dll
Good luck

fimfadimpa

Oct 31, 2009
As I expected...LG Flash Tool won't let you do this, because it will find out that model number in DLL and TOT file is different ;)...I've just tested it.

KDZ extractor is also useful, because TOT files don't contain .dll

Last edited:

fimfadimpa

Oct 31, 2009
I've tested many combinations of .dll files with no luck.

D801 dll file + LS980 TOT file = error in different BIN a DLL file
LS980 dll file + LS980 TOT file = error in different model numbers
8974 dll file + LS980 TOT file = error "Cross DL D801 to LS980"

When I look at the phone in Download Mode, it shows D801 10c firmware.

Last edited:

maxkanick

Oct 11, 2013
Are u using dll from kdz file ?

Sent from my LG-D821 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

dll from kdz should name as LgUp_XXXX

IN you error cross dl d801 to ls 980 just like me when i have try flash d820 tot to my d802
it show me cross dl d802 to d820
but i have change my model namber in build prop to d820 and it flash ok
let try d801 kdz dll and d801 tot
It will replase all partion on your phone and your phone will stuck on fastboot mode and yout download mode will gone
After
let erase your laf.img and reflash your own laf.img to get your download mode back
after you re get your download mode
just flash your phone with your ls980 tot and dll given with your tot file
It will be ok

I am not a rich man but i never afraid my phone will 1000% brick and will lose it
You too do not afraid
You can try any Of your idea
if you are not hid your phone with hummer
Your phone will never brick

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

First let shearch your laf.img first
Make sure your model ls980 have laf.img backuped

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

If i have time i will flash d820 tot to my d802 again
Will make video and you can see what happen;)

Reactions: Faizan_121

vn_mobile

Nov 23, 2008
Bac Ninh
vungoc-mobile.com
Hi,
I have a big problem with LG G2 from Sprint (LS 980). I've bought on eBay for using in Europe. When I bought it, one of very few optionw to use it for GSM carriers was flashing Justin's ROM - it is stock T-Mobile ROM modified for Spint G2. Everything worked well except NFC.

After some time new (and permament) method for unlocking Sprint G2 arrived, so I wanted to do it that way. I've made factory reset on my LS980 (with D801 T-Mobile ROM from Justin), but I didn't know, that I had to go to recovery (Vol - plus Power) for wull wipe and didn't do that. My phone is now in bootloop (T-Mobile animation goes still around :() and phone doesn't boot up. I don't know how to get it back to stock.

What works:
Download Mode (Vol + and Power), Unknown Mode (All three keys together) - there are options ON, OFF and Cancel (Answer Call and something with alarm)

What doesn't works:
Fastboot, recovery, boot

I've tried to get into recovery many times, but with no luck. I've also followed many instructions how to get it back to stock. As the main manual I took this topic:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448960

Sure that with Sprint LS980 flash files.

It is basically same as this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Everything went pretty well until flashing part. LG Flash Tools don't want to flash my phone because of model number mismatch :(...I have LS980, but it thinks that I have D801 (T-Mobile version).

It there anyway from this mess?

Thanks for every suggestion.

Sprint USA need True tot file and dll

LGLS980_20130925_LGFLASHv151.dll
LS980ZVA_01.zip

fimfadimpa

Oct 31, 2009
There are no true dll files since Sprint version uses TOT files and these files don't use dll ;)

Anyway...I've tried all combinations and also Sprint files...no luck...I wrote it maybe three times in this topic :)

thorr001

Nov 25, 2012
Still no progress with the phone, any ideas?

I am considering LG autorized services, maybe they could help...

boxorandyos

Apr 26, 2013
southbridge, ma
www.boxorandyos.com
I have the exact same issue and I have been working on it for a week straight. I have tried every combination of everything possible and no luck yet. I have even tried flashing it to think it is the d802 to no avail.

I understand if it were possible to edit the build prop to be the ls980 that it would actually work but im stuck on how to do that as the only way I can get the phone to boot is in an environment where I have no adb or keyboard and the phone reboots every 30 seconds so its basically impossible to edit that.
that might be a possibility for you if you want to give it a shot but for me I suppose ill have to keep looking.

kuttor

Nov 15, 2012
San Diego
I have the exact same issue and I have been working on it for a week straight. I have tried every combination of everything possible and no luck yet. I have even tried flashing it to think it is the d802 to no avail.

I understand if it were possible to edit the build prop to be the ls980 that it would actually work but im stuck on how to do that as the only way I can get the phone to boot is in an environment where I have no adb or keyboard and the phone reboots every 30 seconds so its basically impossible to edit that.
that might be a possibility for you if you want to give it a shot but for me I suppose ill have to keep looking.

Sam issues (EXACTLY) bought a phone that had tmobile rom, dind't think... decided to flash, of course flashed tmobile rom (thinking it was tmobile phone)... but no, it was SPRINT. FUDGE.

I tried many combinations, I get what you get. Any luck?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

boxorandyos

Apr 26, 2013
southbridge, ma
www.boxorandyos.com
I tried many combinations, I get what you get. Any luck?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

there are several different methods which have worked for other people so I don't know if you have tried any of those methods but if not definitely do some digging around.

as far as mine I haven't worked on it for several days I've just been thinking about it and I have not going a solution yet.

-boxorandyos
<sent from my nexus4>

mikelee28

May 14, 2012
Make sure you don't have it charging when trying to go into recovery.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

kuttor

Nov 15, 2012
San Diego
Fixed it

Check this out.

I decided to reinstall the only firmware I could... this caused random reboots, sometimes 30seconds... sometimes a few minutes.

During a reboot,I put the settings app on my first Jellybean screen (while rebooting, it was easier to get to). Then, go activate Developer mode, then put on USB debugging, and plug phone in... Mine was a little jinky, so I had to take USB out a few times, try to enable... what you are looking for is a prompt that says Allow this computer (type of thing).

Mine had a checkmark box, which said ALWAYS allow. So, that's what i did, and hit ok. After than you should be able to get into recovery.

This is the file I used:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2545456

and mounted SYSTEM.... now, to install recovery, was a little problematic. I used this one:

And, all the recoveries failed, (they have 4 options). Tried all of them, finally phone rebooted into PHILZ.

adb reboot recovery (I used this command, since I thought it was catch recovery better)

In Philz, I had ADB Access, so I just left it there (besides phone doesn't reboot).

in commandline (I am a linux user), I typed:

adb shell
cat /system/build.prop

Which allowed me to see the file

Then, in another commandline window, I typed:

adb push /build.prop /system

Now, your /build,prop might be in a different location, so don't use mine exactly.

;) :cowboy::D:crying::eek::cool::eek::)

Hope that helps!!! When you are done, make sure you tell recovery to boot you into download mode -- this isn't required, but for me it was easier.

There, you should see the LG G2 build type, when you plug in the phone and start LGFLASHT (tOOLS.

Remember, I used the LGUP_8XXX.dll (the one for trouble)

and, the NEWER TOT, not the one in the package (it's above the package one).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I accidentally crossflashed a LS980(Sprint) with D801 (T-Mo) firmware. It booted, BUT it also rebooted every 30 secs to couple mins max.

Of course LG Flash Tool gave me the error "CrossDL [D801] to [LS980]". I tried using the ignore CRC check modified .dll (LGUP_8974.dll) and it still gave me the error.

The Solution:
    You must use a Hex editor and edit the line that says the model number in the .tot you are trying to flash.
    What I did was open the D801 tot and the LS980 tot side by side.
    I then did CTRL+F to find the D801 line. I copied this whole complete line. I then went over to the LS980 tot and found the line that said LS980 and completely replaced it (paste insert) with the D801 line I copied from the D801 tot.
    I then saved the changes and closed the Hex editor.

Now you are ready to flash.
    But first make sure to download the modified dll: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg2rrbruu03hr2d/LGUP_8974.dll
    In LG Flash Tools manual mode, select this .DLL so it will pass the phone model check and use the .tot you modified.

2nd Possible Solution
    YOU NEED ROOT (use the io root method)
    If you still can boot and do things, adb push/transfer a stock Build.Prop to change the model number to the f/w you are trying to flash
    or
    edit your build.prop with Rom Toolbox Pro or another build prop editor, to change the model number

No, mine doesn't boot so im going to do the Hex Edit method and im trying to figure out exactly which line to edit
    thanks

Note: You need both .tot files (the stock firmware you want to flash back to and the firmware .tot file of what is cross flashed onto the phone now)

As I said..Just use the find/search function in whatever hex editor you use (I used free HxD) and search for the crossflashed rom model number.....This will be the line to copy.
    But I think its offset 00006010
    I accidentally crossflashed a LS980(Sprint) with D801 (T-Mo) firmware. It booted, BUT it also rebooted every 30 secs to couple mins max.

Of course LG Flash Tool gave me the error "CrossDL [D801] to [LS980]". I tried using the ignore CRC check modified .dll (LGUP_8974.dll) and it still gave me the error.

The Solution:
    You must use a Hex editor and edit the line that says the model number in the .tot you are trying to flash.
    What I did was open the D801 tot and the LS980 tot side by side.
    I then did CTRL+F to find the D801 line. I copied this whole complete line. I then went over to the LS980 tot and found the line that said LS980 and completely replaced it (paste insert) with the D801 line I copied from the D801 tot.
    I then saved the changes and closed the Hex editor.

Now you are ready to flash.
    But first make sure to download the modified dll: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg2rrbruu03hr2d/LGUP_8974.dll
    In LG Flash Tools manual mode, select this .DLL so it will pass the phone model check and use the .tot you modified.

2nd Possible Solution
    YOU NEED ROOT (use the io root method)
    If you still can boot and do things, adb push/transfer a stock Build.Prop to change the model number to the f/w you are trying to flash
    or
    edit your build.prop with Rom Toolbox Pro or another build prop editor, to change the model number

first you will need the fastboot files. I use "Minimal ADB and Fastboot"

then you have to go here: http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/LS980/Stock_Firmware
    and download the .img files for your phone. place them in a folder named "partitions" in the directory of your fastboot.

create a .bat file using the contents of the attached .txt file. IMPORTANT remove all the lines for which you do not have an associated file from the step above. place your script in the directory of your fastboot and run the script.

put your phone in fastboot mode and connect it to your compter.

It may or may not work correctly but you should at least be able to get into download mode again.
    good luck!
    Fixed it

Check this out.

I decided to reinstall the only firmware I could... this caused random reboots, sometimes 30seconds... sometimes a few minutes.

During a reboot,I put the settings app on my first Jellybean screen (while rebooting, it was easier to get to). Then, go activate Developer mode, then put on USB debugging, and plug phone in... Mine was a little jinky, so I had to take USB out a few times, try to enable... what you are looking for is a prompt that says Allow this computer (type of thing).

Mine had a checkmark box, which said ALWAYS allow. So, that's what i did, and hit ok. After than you should be able to get into recovery.

This is the file I used:

and mounted SYSTEM.... now, to install recovery, was a little problematic. I used this one:

And, all the recoveries failed, (they have 4 options). Tried all of them, finally phone rebooted into PHILZ.

adb reboot recovery (I used this command, since I thought it was catch recovery better)

In Philz, I had ADB Access, so I just left it there (besides phone doesn't reboot).

in commandline (I am a linux user), I typed:

adb shell
    cat /system/build.prop

Which allowed me to see the file

Then, in another commandline window, I typed:

adb push /build.prop /system

Now, your /build,prop might be in a different location, so don't use mine exactly.

;) :cowboy::D:crying::eek::cool::eek::)

Hope that helps!!! When you are done, make sure you tell recovery to boot you into download mode -- this isn't required, but for me it was easier.

There, you should see the LG G2 build type, when you plug in the phone and start LGFLASHT (tOOLS.

Remember, I used the LGUP_8XXX.dll (the one for trouble)

and, the NEWER TOT, not the one in the package (it's above the package one).
    Are u using dll from kdz file ?

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

dll from kdz should name as LgUp_XXXX

IN you error cross dl d801 to ls 980 just like me when i have try flash d820 tot to my d802
    it show me cross dl d802 to d820
    but i have change my model namber in build prop to d820 and it flash ok
    let try d801 kdz dll and d801 tot
    It will replase all partion on your phone and your phone will stuck on fastboot mode and yout download mode will gone
    After
    let erase your laf.img and reflash your own laf.img to get your download mode back
    after you re get your download mode
    just flash your phone with your ls980 tot and dll given with your tot file
    It will be ok

I am not a rich man but i never afraid my phone will 1000% brick and will lose it
    You too do not afraid
    You can try any Of your idea
    if you are not hid your phone with hummer
    Your phone will never brick

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

First let shearch your laf.img first
    Make sure your model ls980 have laf.img backuped

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

If i have time i will flash d820 tot to my d802 again
    Will make video and you can see what happen;)