[Q] Upgrade to 4.13.651.4 via RUU?

Search This thread

sladehawke

Feb 7, 2010
Captain's thread suggests upgrading to 4.13.651.4 via RUU. I am currently s-off running the early release, 4.13.651.1

Before I make that jump I want to make sure I have the procedure right... I touch this stuff so rarely now that I hardly trust myself.

Here is my plan

1. relock bootloader
  2. run RUU and let the phone settle
  3. htc unlock
  4. run a PJ75IMG with the custom twrp recovery
  5. flash odex/deodex version

does that sound about right?

SilverZero

May 18, 2010
Captain's thread suggests upgrading to 4.13.651.4 via RUU. I am currently s-off running the early release, 4.13.651.1

Before I make that jump I want to make sure I have the procedure right... I touch this stuff so rarely now that I hardly trust myself.

Here is my plan

1. relock bootloader
  3. htc unlock

If you're S-OFF you do NOT need to re-lock the bootloader. I never did. You'll probably still have to unlock it after the RUU, but you don't need to relock it first. Make sure you get the right recovery (from Cap's thread). Otherwise you're on the right track.

Last edited:
Reactions: sladehawke
G

GuestK0087

Here is my plan

1. relock bootloader
  3. htc unlock

From what I've read, through the search feature, I don't think you need to relock being that you're S-off. You may want to search that a bit more however.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
From what I've read, through the search feature, I don't think you need to relock being that you're S-off. You may want to search that a bit more however.

Correct. You do not have to relock the bootloader if you're S-off.

OP, once you've flashed the ROM you'll need to make sure you install the latest SuperSU so you have root access.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Reactions: sladehawke

sladehawke

Feb 7, 2010

OP, once you've flashed the ROM you'll need to make sure you install the latest SuperSU so you have root access.

Sent from my EVO LTE

I'm planning on installing the De-ODEX version, so i think that will already be included... I use several of the systemUI mods

Sh3llSh0ck

May 29, 2012
I ran just the zip and it worked great. Installed viper 4.0 and working great!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is my plan

1. relock bootloader
    3. htc unlock

If you're S-OFF you do NOT need to re-lock the bootloader. I never did. You'll probably still have to unlock it after the RUU, but you don't need to relock it first. Make sure you get the right recovery (from Cap's thread). Otherwise you're on the right track.

Sent from my EVO LTE