[Q] Firefox OS 1.3 Stable for the ZTE Open

Search This thread

KUPOinyourWINDOW

Mar 22, 2014
Hello there! Can someone help me out please?

I am using the ZTE Open European Standard and I am currently running Firefox OS 1.2 with CWM installed and I am wondering:
Since Firefox OS 1.3 was "released' recently will someone create a CWM installable build of Firefox OS 1.3 with the Firefox branding built to work on the ZTE Open please? I have looked around multiple times and I can't find a build anywhere that will work, and I do not have the knowledge required to compile my own.

Last edited:

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013

I am using the ZTE Open European Standard and I am currently running Firefox OS 1.2 with CWM installed and I am wondering:
Since Firefox OS 1.3 was "released' recently could anybody create a CWM installable build of Firefox OS built to work on the ZTE Open please? I have looked around multiple times and I can't find a build anywhere that will work, and I do not have the knowledge required to compile my own.

P.S: I can't post a link because this is my first post on this site, but the 1.3 notes have officialy been released by Mozilla!

Did you know how to flash .img files through fastboot?
If yes, then i can give you FF OS 1.4 :)

Reactions: KUPOinyourWINDOW

KUPOinyourWINDOW

Mar 22, 2014

I do yes, and I've already tried the build you posted in this forum and it was very good! I was just having problems with getting data working on it otherwise I'd be using it now. I'm looking for a stable-ish user build of Firefox OS 1.3 at the moment because I love the look of it, but ZTE haven't updated since 1.1... I've emailed them twice and both times they haven't got back to me after saying they would :rolleyes:

How good would it be if Mozilla could just release an update to everyone like they do with the web browser :p

Last edited:

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
I do yes, and I've already tried the build you posted in this forum and it was very good! I was just having problems with getting data working on it otherwise I'd be using it now. I'm looking for a stable-ish user build of Firefox OS 1.3 at the moment because I love the look of it, but ZTE haven't updated since 1.1... I've emailed them twice and both times they haven't got back to me after saying they would :rolleyes:

How good would it be if Mozilla could just release an update to everyone like they do with the web browser :p

The best i could come up with is this in case you haven't already tried this :D

KUPOinyourWINDOW

Mar 22, 2014
I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to ftp servers... how do I install one of these builds to my phone? I downloaded the linux zip file (Tar), extracted it, found boot.img userdata.img and system.img, I flashed them to my phone and I'm just in a boot loop, I'm gonna revert back to 1.2 for now. Thank you I really appreciate it, I've tried like 4 different Firefox OS 1.3 though now and none of them have worked, I hope someone makes one soon. I would myself if I understood how to use the Terminal on Linux.

Last edited:

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to ftp servers... how do I install one of these builds to my phone? I downloaded the linux zip file (Tar), extracted it, found boot.img userdata.img and system.img, I flashed them to my phone and I'm just in a boot loop, I'm gonna revert back to 1.2 for now. Thank you I really appreciate it, I've tried like 4 different Firefox OS 1.3 though now and none of them have worked, I hope someone makes one soon. I would myself if I understood how to use the Terminal on Linux.

You have to be on V1.0.0B02 to flash custom builds of FF OS 1.3 :)

And one more question: Did your ZTE Open hangs sometimes like not able to touch anything, unable to unlock screen etc?

Reactions: KUPOinyourWINDOW

KUPOinyourWINDOW

Mar 22, 2014

And one more question: Did your ZTE Open hangs sometimes like not able to touch anything, unable to unlock screen etc?

Thank you! I tried flashing from 1.0.0B02 and it worked, however every single build I've tried of 1.3 (from multiple sources) is unstable... Hmm, I got a reply from ZTE by the way saying that people have to request for an update to their "service provider" (whatever that means). That's such a sucky way of dong things, they should try their best to update until they are unable to in my opinion.

No not really, sometimes it does on the lock screen after pressing the power button but only on 1.0.0B02.

KUPOinyourWINDOW

Mar 22, 2014
Mine does! Continuously :(
I'm sick of this problem :(

Planning to do a drop test of my Phone :D
It's useless anyway :D

Do a google search for Firefox OS 1.2 ZTE Open and click on the Mozilla Hacks website and flash the ZTE beta file, then you will have the default fastboot back on your phone. Then install the 1.1 ZIP update from ZTE... Then from the orange fastboot menu (ONLY AFTER INSTALLING 1.1) empty the cache and if your phone still hangs then do a drop test ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Since Firefox OS 1.3 was "released' recently could anybody create a CWM installable build of Firefox OS built to work on the ZTE Open please? I have looked around multiple times and I can't find a build anywhere that will work, and I do not have the knowledge required to compile my own.

P.S: I can't post a link because this is my first post on this site, but the 1.3 notes have officialy been released by Mozilla!