[Q] Flashing Sprint Moto X to Telcel SFB

Search This thread

xphoneuser

Jun 27, 2014
Hi everyone, I've been a following XDA for a while i've unlocked, rooted, flashed roms, etc., many times,
But this time i am not sure how to proceed. [I'm also a beginner... but I'm looking forward to contribute in the near future]

You see, I bought a Brand New Sprint Moto X , never been activated on any carrier, it arriving on Monday tops.
I already know how to unlock it, root it, and flash a custom rom.

but want to be able to unlock the gsm capabilities of the phone to use internationally, i know sprint offers this service but i don't qualify because i need to be 3 months in service whit them.

on the other hand i read in the General Section , in the model description:

XT1049 - Republic Wireless
XT1052 - European - Sim ?
XT1053 -T-Mobile US, Dev Ed
XT1055 - US Cellular - Sim ?
XT1056 - Sprint - Sim Unlocked
XT1058 - AT&T, Rogers, Claro, Movistar, Vivo, Oi, TIM - Sim Unlocked
XT1060 - Verizon - Sim Locked

What does it mean being "Sim Unlocked"
While i be able to use it on A GSM service (Mexico)

if not, could a posible solution be flashing the SFB for Telcel to my Sprint phone?
or will i just hard brick it?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Eddie

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Hi everyone, I've been a following XDA for a while i've unlocked, rooted, flashed roms, etc., many times,
But this time i am not sure how to proceed. [I'm also a beginner... but I'm looking forward to contribute in the near future]

You see, I bought a Brand New Sprint Moto X , never been activated on any carrier, it arriving on Monday tops.

but want to be able to unlock the gsm capabilities of the phone to use internationally, i know sprint offers this service but i don't qualify because i need to be 3 months in service whit them.

if not, could a posible solution be flashing the SFB for Telcel to my Sprint phone?

Eddie

Sorry it won't work...at least not yet. But it appears you already found the relevant thread on SIM-Unlock for Sprint Moto X.

Reactions: xphoneuser

xphoneuser

Jun 27, 2014
Thank you!!

Its been tried. Flashing the SBF itself will work, but the phone will still be sim-locked and unusable on GSM.

I understand now, reading a lot on the other threads and in other sites it now undrstand that sim unlock cannot be done unless i have service for 3 months or a fix comes [hopefully soon].

thank you.

just before we close this thread..

what if i flash an SFB of a CDMA carrier here, will it work? or will i have to reprogram the phone [ using this method http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-flash-sprint-moto-x-to-page-plus-t2732342 but using my cdma carrier PRL) ????

is this the right place to post this last question?

sorry, and thanks again.

Eddie

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I understand now, reading a lot on the other threads and in other sites it now undrstand that sim unlock cannot be done unless i have service for 3 months or a fix comes [hopefully soon].

thank you.

what if i flash an SFB of a CDMA carrier here, will it work? or will i have to reprogram the phone [ using this method http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-flash-sprint-moto-x-to-page-plus-t2732342 but using my cdma carrier PRL) ????

sorry, and thanks again.

Eddie

Eddie,

Yes, you will need to follow the instructions in the "Flash Sprint Moto X to Page Plus" thread. You will need to change some of the steps as appropriate to YOUR carrier you are flashing to since not all steps will be the same as flashing to "Page Plus". Flashing a CDMA Rom will not work. AFAIK, the only other CDMA ROM available is the Verizon one which prevents you from being able to flash to another carrier. Does anyone know of any others?

Good Luck

Reactions: xphoneuser

xphoneuser

Jun 27, 2014
Eddie,

Yes, you will need to follow the instructions in the "Flash Sprint Moto X to Page Plus" thread. You will need to change some of the steps as appropriate to YOUR carrier you are flashing to since not all steps will be the same as flashing to "Page Plus". Flashing a CDMA Rom will not work. AFAIK, the only other CDMA ROM available is the Verizon one which prevents you from being able to flash to another carrier. Does anyone know of any others?

Good Luck

hey, thank you i read in other spanish forums that cdma acivating in iusacell carrier (mx) is confirmed posible.
if its a clean esn i think i dont even need to unlock the bootloader, i dont know.
phone is arriving on monday ill post any results and if im succesfull i will make a guide for those in mi shoes.

thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Eddie

Sorry it won't work...at least not yet. But it appears you already found the relevant thread on SIM-Unlock for Sprint Moto X.
    hi, thank you!,

what about flashing a Telcel SFB file trough rsd lite?,

Its been tried. Flashing the SBF itself will work, but the phone will still be sim-locked and unusable on GSM.

thank you.

sorry, and thanks again.

Eddie

Eddie,

Good Luck