[JAN25][FLASHABLE BOOT SCREENS] android boot screens

Search This thread

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
Hi Wonderful HD2 Android Community.

Now that Android is running on NAND smooth enough to be a daily build, I decided to create some boot screens to remove every last trace of "Stockness" from my HD2.

I have created two boot screens to replace the standard white HTC (or operator) screen which appears when you first turn on your device, before MAGLDR starts.

These boot screens are a simple and classy. Sample JPEG images are attached below so you can see before you flash, along with the ZIP files for each boot screen.

Any boot screen I post has been tested by me on my own HD2, so there shouldn't be any issues. However, flash boot screens at your own risk. I do not take any responsibility for any damage to your device. Flashing boot screens voids your warranty.

Please note: I am hosting these files on my own server so I can track download numbers, so these are all direct links to the files. Not links to download sites. Safe to download at work :)

To flash back to the original boot screen. CLICK HERE

Sentinel196_Android_3D
Download Source image to modify it for yourself HERE
android_3D_sample.jpg

DOWNLOAD COMPILED BOOTSCREEN

Sentinel196_Android_3D_Reflection
android_3D_reflection_sample.jpg

The zip files must be extracted. Do not try and install via CWM.

Please note, to flash boot screens, your phone needs to have HSPL2.08 installed, or installation will fail.

Instructions for Win Mo 6.5.x users (Flashing using CustomRuu.exe) - Not sure why you would want to use an Android boot screen if you are still running WinMo though.

* Make sure your battery is at 50 percent or greater before beginning.
* Whilst the device is in Windows Mobile, connect your HD2 via USB.
* Connect device with 'Windows Mobile Device Center'.
* Run the CustomRUU.exe (with administrative privileges)
* Press update
* Success!

Instructions for NAND Android/WP7 (Flashing using CustomRuu.exe)

* Completely power off the device (unplug USB connection if present)
* Press down the "Volume down" and "Power/End" button simultaneously.
* You should see a red, green,blue and white screen with the word "Serial" in the bottom.
* Connect your HD2 to the PC via USB (the word "Serial" should be replaced by "USB".
* Press update
* Success!

I hope you like these boot screens. I will be adding more over time so stay posted.

If you appreciate my work, please use the "Thanks" button or if you feel inclined, consider a donation.

Thanks!

- Will (Sentinel196)

Last edited:

haxlidinh

Sep 9, 2010
is there a chance for us to replace your boot screen picture by another picture in that .zip file then?

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
I'm not sure what yo mean. If you create your own NBH file with the image you want to flash, you can use the CUSTOMRUU.EXE to flash it.

Eruzembreg

Jun 7, 2009
Prague
Hey,
nice boot screens good job! Could you please post the source images you used? I would like to add my "info" to it. Not many people are skilled enough to re-flash the starter is a nice way to Find your HD2 in case its stolen. lost or something we got 8 of em in my office.

dipaolnv

Mar 24, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone kno how to change the boot screen animation "AFTER" magldr starts?

I'm pretty sure that I've heard that the cyanogen skateboarding dude is integral to the initrd.gz file. You'd have to have a developer cook up another one for you. After that one, there is a bootanimation file that you can change yourself with root explorer or droid explorer.

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
Hey,
nice boot screens good job! Could you please post the source images you used? I would like to add my "info" to it. Not many people are skilled enough to re-flash the starter is a nice way to Find your HD2 in case its stolen. lost or something we got 8 of em in my office.

No problem. Added to OP. You will need to compile new NBH files to use your modified versions however.

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
DO a search. There are a few sets of instructions floating around the forums. That's how I learned.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Wonderful HD2 Android Community.

Now that Android is running on NAND smooth enough to be a daily build, I decided to create some boot screens to remove every last trace of "Stockness" from my HD2.

I have created two boot screens to replace the standard white HTC (or operator) screen which appears when you first turn on your device, before MAGLDR starts.

These boot screens are a simple and classy. Sample JPEG images are attached below so you can see before you flash, along with the ZIP files for each boot screen.

Any boot screen I post has been tested by me on my own HD2, so there shouldn't be any issues. However, flash boot screens at your own risk. I do not take any responsibility for any damage to your device. Flashing boot screens voids your warranty.

Please note: I am hosting these files on my own server so I can track download numbers, so these are all direct links to the files. Not links to download sites. Safe to download at work :)

To flash back to the original boot screen. CLICK HERE

Sentinel196_Android_3D
    android_3D_sample.jpg

Sentinel196_Android_3D_Reflection
    android_3D_reflection_sample.jpg

The zip files must be extracted. Do not try and install via CWM.

Please note, to flash boot screens, your phone needs to have HSPL2.08 installed, or installation will fail.

Instructions for Win Mo 6.5.x users (Flashing using CustomRuu.exe) - Not sure why you would want to use an Android boot screen if you are still running WinMo though.

* Whilst the device is in Windows Mobile, connect your HD2 via USB.
    * Connect device with 'Windows Mobile Device Center'.
    * Press update
    * Success!

Instructions for NAND Android/WP7 (Flashing using CustomRuu.exe)

* Completely power off the device (unplug USB connection if present)
    * Press down the "Volume down" and "Power/End" button simultaneously.
    * You should see a red, green,blue and white screen with the word "Serial" in the bottom.
    * Connect your HD2 to the PC via USB (the word "Serial" should be replaced by "USB".
    * Press update
    * Success!

I hope you like these boot screens. I will be adding more over time so stay posted.

If you appreciate my work, please use the "Thanks" button or if you feel inclined, consider a donation.

Thanks!

- Will (Sentinel196)
    sorry how to create new NBH file with my new image?? thank you.

Easy, just click below....
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=895089

Matt