[Recovery]CWM Recovery For HTC Design 4G & HeroS (aka Kingdom)

Search This thread

2fast4u88

Nov 6, 2010
Unofficial ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7​

IMAG0012-2.jpg

This will work on the Htc Hero S and Should on the Design 4g. I have tested it on the Hero S and can confirm basic functions work, adb and along with backups. Otherwise I haven't tested anything more than that. Also to note while building this the Hero S is identical to the Design 4g. So kernels and recovery should interchange. Beyond that I am not sure as I haven't got that far.

Also please note I am aware of the so called other cwm build and the teamwin recovery. I can confirm as grad said teamwin also works on the hero s. How ever since you can't download the cwm build, I took it upon myself to build one. In which means this shares nothing in common and was built from my own source. Which you can tell by the 2FS in the tittle.

Sorry for the crappy pic but due to frame buffer issues getting it to display right. Screenshots are blurred in recovery.

What is added/done:
Up to date source of 5.0.2.7
Default clockworkmod 5 colors.
Built on the evo design 4g stock kernel.
Ext4 support for sdcard.

Other features I have not tested fully but welcome to feedback.

How to install:
Download one of the following files:
http://2fastroms.com/dm_eds/download.php?id=72
Md5sum: c9e731f8228524d29a3acbd7811ba81c

Once downloaded place the PH44IMG.zip on the root of your sd-card. Power down the phone, Hold volume down, pressing power. You should got to the h-boot screen where it will scan for the img file. It will prompt to update by pressing volume up. It will take a few secs to do it's thing prompting to hit power to reboot.

Once rebooted remove the PH44IMG.zip from your sd-card.

Credits:
Koush for his great recovery with out him it wouldn't have been possible.
Then the cm team just for putting some great stuff out :)

2fast4u88

Nov 6, 2010
No problem, I see you got the link to work. How ever I had to port it so I could have it :p

As unlike any other cdma phone between you guys and uscc. The hero s is identical down to the kernel and partitions. So worked out for the better :)

Reactions: Crwolv

2fast4u88

Nov 6, 2010
lol Welcome to gingerbread sense. When you power down it doesn't truely power down. Pop the bottom off and flip the lever up to pop the battery out a bit. Then try it. If you still don't get to h-boot let me know.

HampTheToker

Actually, I turned fastboot off in Settings > Power and it worked just fine after that.

I did get an error while trying to flash recovery. I believe it said CID incorrent. Updated Failed. Press power to reboot. I'm going to redownload recovery and try again.

Sent from my *rooted* EVO Design using xda premium app

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Keep getting the same error: CID incorrent. Update Fail. Press power to reboot.

Last edited:

LouZiffer

Mar 16, 2010
I've had better luck booting into hboot by restarting the phone and holding only the vol down button as soon as the screen shuts off.

2fast4u88

Nov 6, 2010
Actually, I turned fastboot off in Settings > Power and it worked just fine after that.

I did get an error while trying to flash recovery. I believe it said CID incorrent. Updated Failed. Press power to reboot. I'm going to redownload recovery and try again.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Keep getting the same error: CID incorrent. Update Fail. Press power to reboot.

Are you unlocked? Also I wasn't aware of the fastboot setting it to off. How ever it is quicker to do a battery yank for myself or use adb. It is just a new feature of gingerbread.

LouZiffer

Mar 16, 2010
So this is a workable recovery for the design 4g? If so, what's really the point without any roms anyways?

There are two alternate recoveries for this phone now. If the only thing you use a recovery for is installing ROMs, there isn't much of a point right now. Those of us who do kernel/ROM development and use the other features of the non-standard recoveries welcome them.

Reactions: HampTheToker

2fast4u88

Nov 6, 2010
So this is a workable recovery for the design 4g? If so, what's really the point without any roms anyways?

What is the point of being smart? Then who said roms don't exist? :rolleyes: On another note as said you have a recovery to flash stuff. That or do it the hard way.

Hamp are you still getting the error? If so I will have to play with the .txt in the zip file. Though not sure why it won't work for you but did the other design.

2fast4u88

Nov 6, 2010
That shouldn't be needed. I know the error though but confused why it flashed on the other design 4g and not yours. As I know it installs fine on the Hero and the one confirmed the Design. Which the cid shouldn't be different from yours to the his. At the top of you h-boot it does say unlocked right? If so inside the zip is a .txt in which the h-boot reads from. Which there is also a cid in it, so let me try to comment it out to see if it works.

How ever add me on gtalk at bk95ta391, since you have the issue and I don't. I will play with it and shoot it to you to try.

El Ha$on

Mar 9, 2009
NYC
That shouldn't be needed. I know the error though but confused why it flashed on the other design 4g and not yours. As I know it installs fine on the Hero and the one confirmed the Design. Which the cid shouldn't be different from yours to the his. At the top of you h-boot it does say unlocked right? If so inside the zip is a .txt in which the h-boot reads from. Which there is also a cid in it, so let me try to comment it out to see if it works.

How ever add me on gtalk at bk95ta391, since you have the issue and I don't. I will play with it and shoot it to you to try.

Just wondering could his cid be different if he did a sim unlock???

Sent from my ROOTED HTC Evo Design 4G.

If I helped you please press thanks :D

ralphus4121

Jun 10, 2010
Green Bay
just posting to say thanks, i just did a nandroid backup on my hero-s and it seems like everything works great :)
i rooted using the first version of frigid's tool right when it came out but i've been yearning for cwm and it's awesome to finally have it!
i'd be glad to test any ROMs or anything else that you come up with!

HampTheToker

I can't sign in to Google Talk for some reason. Pretty sure I didn't remove anything related to that after rooting. I'm going to try a different SD card and see if that helps.

Edit: pretty sure I didn't do a sim unlock. I'll try it and see if that helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7​

IMAG0012-2.jpg

This will work on the Htc Hero S and Should on the Design 4g. I have tested it on the Hero S and can confirm basic functions work, adb and along with backups. Otherwise I haven't tested anything more than that. Also to note while building this the Hero S is identical to the Design 4g. So kernels and recovery should interchange. Beyond that I am not sure as I haven't got that far.

Also please note I am aware of the so called other cwm build and the teamwin recovery. I can confirm as grad said teamwin also works on the hero s. How ever since you can't download the cwm build, I took it upon myself to build one. In which means this shares nothing in common and was built from my own source. Which you can tell by the 2FS in the tittle.

Sorry for the crappy pic but due to frame buffer issues getting it to display right. Screenshots are blurred in recovery.

What is added/done:
    Up to date source of 5.0.2.7
    Default clockworkmod 5 colors.
    Built on the evo design 4g stock kernel.
    Ext4 support for sdcard.

Other features I have not tested fully but welcome to feedback.

How to install:
    Download one of the following files:
    http://2fastroms.com/dm_eds/download.php?id=72
    Md5sum: c9e731f8228524d29a3acbd7811ba81c

Once downloaded place the PH44IMG.zip on the root of your sd-card. Power down the phone, Hold volume down, pressing power. You should got to the h-boot screen where it will scan for the img file. It will prompt to update by pressing volume up. It will take a few secs to do it's thing prompting to hit power to reboot.

Once rebooted remove the PH44IMG.zip from your sd-card.

Credits:
    Koush for his great recovery with out him it wouldn't have been possible.
    Then the cm team just for putting some great stuff out :)
    I'm having problems getting into hboot for some odd reason. I hold volume down and press power and the phone just boots up normally. What the heck am I doing wrong? This is such a noob problem to have. I'm embarrassed to ask, but I can't get it right to save my life.
    No problem, I see you got the link to work. How ever I had to port it so I could have it :p

As unlike any other cdma phone between you guys and uscc. The hero s is identical down to the kernel and partitions. So worked out for the better :)

There are two alternate recoveries for this phone now. If the only thing you use a recovery for is installing ROMs, there isn't much of a point right now. Those of us who do kernel/ROM development and use the other features of the non-standard recoveries welcome them.
    Sorry folks. Have been busy with work. To clarify my findings: I extracted the recovery.img and flashed it using both fastboot and dd. Those methods work. I never expected the standard update method to work as the signature on the Design shouldn't match that of the Hero S.

Sent from my HTC Evo Design 4G using XDA Premium