Voodoo sound is coming to Galaxy R I9103

Search This thread

UnknownzD

Oct 9, 2011
Well dear all, I am happy to announce that our devices COULD be supported in the future, so that you guys won't feel that we are left by Samsung devs.

Currently supercurio is working on a new driver (4.0 pre 2) that has some new features and even don't require you to use download mode to flash it (since it is not a patch on the kernel src code) ..... you just need to root the phone to use it. However there is an important note : We are NOT sure whether it will definitely work nor guaranteeing it must work (but it seems like there is a high chance that it will work since our board is similar to the one used in the Galaxy tab 10.1). I will continue to work with supercurio before making further announcement.

btw, as I am just the one who has given out a device for testing. If you like the idea of voodoo sound, please says thank you or donate to supercurio instead. However as the patch is not even out yet, supercurio says that NO donation should be made until the patch is out for I9103. In addition, I will work on providing some additional IO scheduler in the kernel as well as a overclocked kernel if I have some extra time for them.

btw, as told by supercurio, the new driver will be called KAudio.

P.S. Don't pm me for the ETA as the patch is not written by me, but by supercurio. I have no way to use it until the driver is released, @ least that is what I have been told.

Last edited:

josjator

Aug 22, 2011
This makes me really happy :) willing to have Voodoo on our i9103 Wolfson! Thanks UnknownzD

josjator

Aug 22, 2011
Never really used voodoo and I already like the headphone quality I already have so if voodoo works the way you say it does then I'm real excited :))

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA

Believe me, it is a huge improvement in the sgs i9000. I have one and listen to it everyday. Music is bubbling, has body, and a great definition even with the stock headphones (take care with this, the headphones of the i9103 look identical, but it has a different impedance and quality is not the same). The GR i9103 with Voodoo Sound and good headphones will be a very serious mp3 player far superior to the sgs2 (speaking about music).

Last edited:
Reactions: Minns

airsheep

May 13, 2010
Székesfehérvár
hi,
sorry if I ask a dumb question but I could not find an answer: is woodoo sound noticable even I use a bt headset (I have an mw600), or just if I connect my earphones directly to the phone? Does it make any difference through bt?

I am planning to buy a sgs2 or sgr, but as I know sgs2 has a poor audio performance, and sgr has a wolfson dac... Woodoo sound is coming so I would choose the sgr...but I would like to know how it is works with a bt headset

Thanks in advance!

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
hi,
sorry if I ask a dumb question but I could not find an answer: is woodoo sound noticable even I use a bt headset (I have an mw600), or just if I connect my earphones directly to the phone? Does it make any difference through bt?

I am planning to buy a sgs2 or sgr, but as I know sgs2 has a poor audio performance, and sgr has a wolfson dac... Woodoo sound is coming so I would choose the sgr...but I would like to know how it is works with a bt headset

Thanks in advance!

no, bluetooth output dont have any relation with wolfstone chip so if u enable voodoo sound on ur device there will be no effect in bt output, but u can use third party eq apps or dsp manager to tune values.

Reactions: airsheep

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
@UnknownzD

Any updates on the Voodoo sound enhancements ?

You had informed us that the new driver will be called KAudio, any updates on that ?

Last edited:

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Well dear all, I am happy to announce that our devices COULD be supported in the future, so that you guys won't feel that we are left by Samsung devs.

Currently supercurio is working on a new driver (4.0 pre 2) that has some new features and even don't require you to use download mode to flash it (since it is not a patch on the kernel src code) ..... you just need to root the phone to use it. However there is an important note : We are NOT sure whether it will definitely work nor guaranteeing it must work (but it seems like there is a high chance that it will work since our board is similar to the one used in the Galaxy tab 10.1). I will continue to work with supercurio before making further announcement.

btw, as I am just the one who has given out a device for testing. If you like the idea of voodoo sound, please says thank you or donate to supercurio instead. However as the patch is not even out yet, supercurio says that NO donation should be made until the patch is out for I9103. In addition, I will work on providing some additional IO scheduler in the kernel as well as a overclocked kernel if I have some extra time for them.

btw, as told by supercurio, the new driver will be called KAudio

I was talking about the bolded part.

Don't know where has UnknownzD gone after making some good progress on the kernel & voodoo sound front. :confused:

@UnknownzD where are you man ?

UnknownzD

Oct 9, 2011
Sorry I was busy for exams. The new Kaudio driver will be a propriety driver that developed by supercurio solely, so I have no way to know what is the development progress atm. It will be developed as a kernel module which means rom developer can use it as well.

Reactions: bhargav143

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Sorry I was busy for exams. The new Kaudio driver will be a propriety driver that developed by supercurio solely, so I have no way to know what is the development progress atm. It will be developed as a kernel module which means rom developer can use it as well.

Glad to see u back :cool:, how was ur exams?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012

Nice to hear that your exams are over.

Kindly followup with supercurio on the progress of KAudio port for Galaxy R as you were the only owner who gave Galaxy R for testing to him. :)

Reactions: bhargav143

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

btw, as told by supercurio, the new driver will be called KAudio.

P.S. Don't pm me for the ETA as the patch is not written by me, but by supercurio. I have no way to use it until the driver is released, @ least that is what I have been told.
    @supercurio

I would also request you to kindly allow Galaxy R users download your app from the Play store.

BTW any chances of Galaxy R getting Voodoo sound update to v4 ?

Will find the link from where I downloaded it and have it removed with the help of Red5.

Contradictory to what I thought, Galaxy R GT-I9003 (recognized erroneously as Galaxy S II by Google Play) was still excluded.
    I must have missed something when editing the app page a few months ago.

Sorry, couldn't guess it was still inaccessible as nobody told me.

It should appear in a couple of hours now on Galaxy R devices as well.
    Okay got it, thanks for the explanation.
    As Galaxy R was not supported in any way a few months ago it was excluded from Google play, on purpose.
    It's not the case anymore for a long time now (or at least should not)

I have never upload cracked apps here as I'm aware it's against the rules.
    ЮюЮю

Voodoo sound is coming to Galaxy R I9103
    sounds like
    ICS is coming to Galaxy R I9103
    you know what I'm talking about :D
    Its GT - I9103. I9003 is for Galaxy SL

No updates for R to v4 ?

And that's right, GT-I9103, I de-excluded in Google Play list the good one at least ^^.

Galaxy R should be supported with Kaudio driver as it's very close to Tab 10.1
    However there are some differences (=need to deal with phone calls properly!) and as I don't have a development device I really have no idea about the delay involved.