[MOD] Screen wakeup with volume keys v3 [JB & ICS]

Search This thread

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
Hello!

I saw that someone requested this MOD for our devices, and here it is, taked from Xperia Cusiosity ROM ;)

REQUIREMENTS
- This MOD is based on Xperia T stock JB firmware, and is only valid for DEODEXED ROMs.
- Maybe not compatible with other MODs.

INSTALLATION
- Download ZIP.
- Make a full CWM backup (recommended).
- Flash in CWM (no wipes needed).
- Enjoy.

FILES
JB
- MOD_Xperia_T_Screen_Wakeup_Volume_Keys v2
- MOD_Xperia_T_Screen_Wakeup_Volume_Keys v3

- MOD_Disable_Xperia_T_Screen_Wakeup_Volume_Keys.

Last edited:

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
Thank you, but it doesn`t work on .303 f/w :( Is there any possibility to do it working on .303 f/w ? Need it so much! I can provide any neccessary files from this f/w to make this mod.

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
To check compatibility with other firmwares, please share your android.policy.jar (and android.policiy.odex if there is) to take a look.

black97one

Oct 22, 2008
To check compatibility with other firmwares, please share your android.policy.jar (and android.policiy.odex if there is) to take a look.

Hello,

The mod will not work on STOCK T ROM because it's odexed...
You need to odex back your file ;)

It work only on deodexed stock rom or custom rom!

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
Hello,

The mod will not work on STOCK T ROM because it's odexed...
You need to odex back your file ;)

It work only on deodexed stock rom or custom rom!

On stock firmware you may have odexed and deoxeded files together. So I think this MOD should work.

Maybe someone has tried and can report :D

black97one

Oct 22, 2008
Hooo no man you can't :/

In system/app it's true...
But in system/framework you can't mix odex and deodex file...you can try if you want on an stock odexed Rom :p

I make the MOD for Xperia S...so like I say you need to odex back your file :)

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
Thank you, man, here the requested files.
Please, take a look.
Thanks, again ;)

I also use 3.212 models the XPERIA TX, but then only brush into infinite reboot ..

I checked and It's same file that I shared. This confirms that in system/framework you can't mix odex and deodex files... like
effectively said our mate black97one :D

So you must install a deodexed ROM to enjoy this MOD, or I need to make an entire /framework directory MOD. If I have some time I'll try it.

Last edited:
Reactions: black97one

Vaizen

I've been trying to modify the files on system/usr/keylayout but no tesults, and tried to put the original android.policy.jar but could only find one from the Xperia s that resulted on a restart loop, flashed the mod again to make the phone usable. Anyways recoba could you please provide the original files so I can remove the waking with volume buttons, it's really annoying when I'm listening to music with the phone in my pocket and when increasing/decreasing the volume sometimes it end ups pausing the music because of some contact with my pants pockets.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts